It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 AM   #1
(female)

momo2282 HB User
What If The Pains Persists After Treatment Of A Uti?

I have been taking cipro for 5 days and i still have the uti symptoms, is this normal?

Old 12-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User
Re: What If The Pains Persists After Treatment Of A Uti?

I've been off Cipro for weeks and still have symptoms. I have no idea "why". I hope it's not some superbug that is resistant to anti-biotics. It's been so annoying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hi ,
I'm on cipro too and still have symptoms mostly now in the uretha not so much the bladder , i thought that this was strange to my only other bladder infection i had was different , it came on suddenly and soon as i took meds it went away , this infection seems like it's sort of been around for awhile and the meds are slow to work , how long are you guys given meds for ? What were your symptoms like ?
Skipa

Old 12-03-2007, 02:36 PM   #4
(female)

Karis HB User

I'm going through the same thing...well, sort of.

I had a yeast infection about 3 weeks ago. It was terrible. I took Monistat (the one day insert) and it took several days to get any relief.

Then, last week, I got a UTI. Took 7 days of Cipro and I'm still not feeling 100%. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. I feel the discomfort mostly in my urethra when sitting. If I put pressure on my bladder, I feel like I have to urinate. Otherwise, there are no symptoms. I feel best when I wake up in the morning, full bladder and all. I've increased my fluid intake, so I've added about two trips to the bathroom a day, in addition to my normal 4 - 6.

Anyway, I hope to get some answers tomorrow.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hi Karis,
Really 7 days ? Did some of your symptoms go away though ? How many days were you put on the cipro for ?
Skipa

Old 12-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hi again,
Karis i'm having the same feeling especially when i sit or lay down at night it is worse but better when i'm standing / walking anyone else like this here too ? I'm just soooo scared my full blown uti will come back and then if it did i would be wondering why ? Is it something else.... i just don't know.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Oh and one quick question can you take ibuprofin with cipro or not i believe alot of drugs interact with that drug . It seems it keeps me sleep better at night.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
(female)

Karis HB User

Hi Skipa,

I would say that a lot of the pain went away. I don't have that horrible urgency and burning while urinating. Most of my problems seem to occur while I'm sitting. Weird.

I was prescribed Cipro 500 for 7 days.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

If your symptoms persist then you need to go back and perhaps have another round of antibiotic or switch to something else because it is not normal to continue to have symptoms.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User
Red face Re: What If The Pains Persists After Treatment Of A Uti?

Hi Ann ,
I hate to go back just yet as it's only been 72 hours and all the symptoms haven't gone away yet . I 've been drinking cranberry juice and it's aweful i hope it doesn't upset my stomach .
Skipa

Old 12-03-2007, 06:25 PM   #11
(female)

Karis HB User

I'm going back to the dr. tomorrow, because I don't want this thing to get too out of hand. Like I said, a lot of my symptoms have gotten better, but not completely. I'm fine as long as I'm up and moving, or when I'm sleeping. I wake up and feel great, until the morning pee. Then I feel slight pain and urgency. Mostly, the best way I can describe it is that my urethra feels like it gets swollen and irritated after I urinate. Then when I sit, it presses up into my bladder and makes me feel the need to urinate. Once I stand, most of the problem goes away. Still, I've been drinking a lot more and therefore making more trips to the bathroom. I'll see what they say tomorrow. I'm having a full exam and they're also taking a urine sample.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #12
(female)

tulsatime HB User

Maybe they need to change the typical dosing they prescribe. The little stinkers may be becoming resistant. It took 3 rounds for me ...well with all the doctors visits and calls...it ended up costing about 6000.00...good ol' American Medical Corp. Sorry for the rant...anyway I am now using d-mannose...seems to work.
Good luck and take care.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-04-2007 at 05:12 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 12-04-2007, 05:40 AM   #13
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Wow three rounds that sounds terriable i wonder why it takes so long sometimes to clear up and other times it's quick ? I drank quite a bit of cranberry juice and it seemed to help my uretha quite a bit this a.m i'm not sure if it's that or not though . The stuff is aweful and it sort of hurst the tummy with me . Does anyone know how much cranberry juice someone should drink ? Two or three glasses maybe ? If anyone gets any answers from their doc's please let us know it may be helpful .
Talk soon
Skipa

Old 12-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #14
(female)

tulsatime HB User

To find out more about d-mannose go to:

[url]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez[/url]

Type in the search box:

As I guess I stated before incorrectly - Dr. Michael Blue in Norman Oklahoma submitted a report to a laboratory information with tests and results of using d-mannose showed the subjects used in the test showed was very effective in getting rid of the symptoms. One womans bladder mucosa returned to normal after 3 months of using d-mannose. He says it treats simple - uncomplicated uti. After the antibiotics - I still had symptoms - although different from the infection.
Hope I put this useful information in correctly this time.

tulsa

Old 12-04-2007, 09:13 AM   #15
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hello,
No i'm really freaking out my urine test was neg for infection , culture hasn't come back yet , is it possible to have an infection that is not detected ? I'm so worried.
Skipa

Closed Thread