It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
(male)

gbrown100 HB User
Frequent need to go to pee and kidney pain if I hang on!

Hi,

I find that when I need to go to pee it is normally very quick from no urge to full on need to go (it is hard to hold out!). This has been going on for several years. When I do go it only lasts about 10 seconds and all gone, not really that much after all.

On top of this sometimes when I hold on (which is very difficult) I quite often get a horrible aching pain in my kidneys which continues after I have gone for another couple of minutes before slowly disappearing.

Any idea what this could be?

Old 12-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
(female)

SteffiM HB User
Re: Frequent need to go to pee and kidney pain if I hang on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown100 View Post
Hi,

I find that when I need to go to pee it is normally very quick from no urge to full on need to go (it is hard to hold out!). This has been going on for several years. When I do go it only lasts about 10 seconds and all gone, not really that much after all.

On top of this sometimes when I hold on (which is very difficult) I quite often get a horrible aching pain in my kidneys which continues after I have gone for another couple of minutes before slowly disappearing.

Any idea what this could be?

I wonder why no one answered this???

Definitely go to the doctors. It could be several reasons. The pain sounds as if you are experiencing kidney reflux. The urgency could be caused by this. Or the other way around. There is also a possibility the detrusor muscle is overactive and contracts when it shouldn't. Which means the bladder pressure gets so much that the urine goes way up again cause you don't want it coming out either.
Have you got problems at night, too?

Get that checked out as quick as possible and good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
(male)

gbrown100 HB User

Quote:
Have you got problems at night, too?
Not really, I sometimes get up in the night to go to toilet but this normally happens in periods of maybe a couple of weeks and is only ever 1 trip - other times I just wake up in the morning and go as normal.

I did have a dream of urination about 1 month back and woke to find I was just starting to go! Enough to get a little damp down one side but not full on... Wasn't very happy about that but figure once in a lifetime doesn't indicate a problem!

I did notice that it does seem to smell quite strongly in the morning and a little research seems to suggest this as a possible pointer to infrection.

Last time I spoke to a doctor about this problem he basically said "Probably an infection, it'll pass" I think I'll make another appointment.

Thanks for replying

Graham

Old 12-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
(female)

SteffiM HB User

Well, if you don't have to get up several times at night it and the urine is concentrated in the morning it means that you are producing the antidiuretic hormone at night which is a good sign.

However, if the urine looks cloudy, brown or red, if it smells odd I would suspect infection.

If not, high bladder pressure, overactive detrusor or kidney reflux or kidney or bladder stones or residual urine could be the problem.

Definitely ask for a referral for the urologist and insist on urodynamics and ultrasound.

Good luck

Closed Thread