It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User
Something in my Urine

Sorry people this is kinda gross but I need some answers. This is my third round of antibiotics for a UTI. Tonight I was going and did my usual look to see how clear everything was. I saw this tiny reddish fleshy thing floating in my urine. It's very small but it looks odd. I have no idea what it is. It could be from my uterus. Or something else? Don't quite know. I've been taking d-mannose regularly so maybe this is working to clear everything out along with the antibiotic. It's freaking me out. Anyone know what this could be???

Old 12-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User
Re: Something in my Urine

Laye omg... i had the samething tonight it was a fleshy looking red thing stringy sort of.... bizarre . I didn't notice any blood when i wiped after though.
Skipa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Mine was about inch and a half long and really thin , i was thinking maybe it came from my other nother region if it came from the bladder wouldn't it of been on the toilet paper ?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Omg! What is going on??? That's exactly what I had. No, there was no blood. If it came out of the urinary tract it was being flushed out. But what is it? I'm a little freaked out now.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:25 AM   #5
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

I'm freaked out too !! Since you have a urologist why not call them and ask , maybe it will enlighten us some.... I'm sure if i mentioned it to my doc he'll probably refer me to a head doc or something but oh no not a ( urologist ).. lol . Know i haven't seen it since and i've been a checking ,and yesterday i drank a $#@$ load of water so maybe that is what's going on. It seems weird we have the same symptoms though . Laye please don't leave this site if you get better at least check back .... i honestly don't know what i would do without knowing your out there in ( cyber Space ) . If you find anything out let me know .
Skipa

Old 12-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Don't worry. I'll always be on this site for something! Well..you may think is gross..but I scooped it up in a cup and I'm bringing it to my doctor for examination! It could just be uterine tissue or something. I was reading up on endometris (sp) and it said that tissue from the uterus can attach itself to the wall of your bladder causing constant pain and frequency. That's what I have. I have no buring at all. Never did. So, I will have my doc check it out. I'm sure they are used to it. Or if I just explained it they will know what it is. It looks like some kind of tissue or something.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:24 AM   #7
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hi Laye,
I don't think it's gross just good detective work ...lol . Seen my gyno and he said i have cervistis ( sp ) but my bladder was he though an infection that just seems to hang on and it may take awhile to clear so after the amoxil is over i'm supposed to have another urine test and culture . In febuary he's giving me a colopscopy for the cervix and cryo thearpy and he would do a bladder scope then ( i'm NOT looking forward to any of this ) He did mention that if your hubby does oral sex that people's mouths have staph and could be transfferd that way to the uretha and then the bladder and cause infection . He also asked it there was alot of sex going on when this happened and if i'm allergic to latex we'll i said it was like a sex marathon for us at that time and that we used condoms a couple of times and it was then that i noticed the bladder pain and such , i just thought i would pass that along in case anything could be related . Have you been to the doc yet ?
Skipa

Old 12-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

I called my doc and I have no infection. So, the urine that she thought looked infected really wasn't. It just had a small amount of normal bacteria. It's funny that I seem to only have urgency issues when I'm not at home. I went to the store and could barely make it through. Then when I got home I felt nothing. I'm so tired of this. I have to return to work and I'm dreading it. But I have to get on with my life. I refuse to let this continue to rule me like it's been. I have no clue. I guess my bladder is just really inflammed. I'm taking Pyriduim now in hopes that will help.

What is the course of treatment for you?

Old 12-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #9
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hi Laye ,
What was the red thing ?

I think i have to wait till friday and do another urine test and go from there i guess , man i was at a christmas concert tonight and it was aweful having to sit in those hard chairs for two hours , i could not get comfortable at all,,, had to go twice to the washroom . But once i'm up moving around it's tolerable .

Are you still taking the antibiotic ? Wouldn't that give you a false neg ? Does the doctor want you to keep taking your meds ?

I'm going to see if i can go to the doctor and try a different antibiotic see what he says anyway.
Skipa

Old 12-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

The culture was taken before I was on the last antibiotic. So, I'm really confused. I took Pyridium tonight and it didn't help. I still felt an urgency when I was out. I think I just have to get used to this for awhile. I'm happy that I have no infection. But I've never had anythiing like this before. It's like the symptoms won't go away. Check out the thread entitled.."What's Wrong With Me? Chronic Constant UTI symptoms"...There were a lot of people on that who are like us. Plagued with symptoms that won't go away. I explained the red thing to the nurse. She didn't seem that concerned. I go back next week. Sorry about having to sit through that concert.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:33 AM   #11
(female)

midnitem HB User
Talking Re: Something in my Urine

Forget the antibiotics for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - eat cranberries - I am in Australia and can only get pre-packaged dried cranberries. Last time I had a major painful UTI I just ate handfuls of dried cranberries over two days (approx 340 grams) and all the symptoms went and I haven't had a bout since. I am eating cranberries regularly as a preventative.

Why do cranberries work - simple - the tannin in the cranberries prevent the bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract wall. I found juice to be less successful than the berry itself

Enjoy!

Last edited by moderator2; 12-18-2007 at 04:46 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 12-19-2007, 05:17 AM   #12
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

HI all,
Laye , have you been drinking cranberry juice at all ? Or just water . Doesthe D-mannose work at all are you feeling any better ?
Skipa

Old 12-22-2007, 06:16 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Skipa..

I don't want to jinx myself in talking about this. But I actually got out of the house for some holiday shopping and went hours without feeling a dramatic urge to urinate. I was amazed I got through it. I mean it was over 3 hours. So, I'm hoping I'm finally on the mend. I've kinda stopped with the d-mannose. But I'm eating dried cranberries and fresh organic blueberries and drinking the c juice every single day. I'm also now on that low dose antibiotic. I think my symptoms are SLOWLY getting better. Yet, I don't wanna get too comfortable, yet. I'm scared they will all start up again.

How are you?

Closed Thread