It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

susanm1923 HB User
what does phlebolith mean?

what does phlebolith mean? my mother was in very bad pain and my sister took her to the doctors, ended up in emergency. short of the long of it. stayed in hosp for a few days. the spot on x-ray was 7mm. the urol guy disagreed with other drs. he had my mom do another dye test and his final word is that this spot is still there and he said my mother should be happy because it is just a phlebolith. she is not having any pain at the moment. could she have passed the stones and it was just a coincidence that this phlebolith shows up on the x-ray?

Last edited by susanm1923; 01-14-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

painaway HB User
Re: what does phlebolith mean?

Susan..."A phlebolith is a small local, usually rounded, calcification within a vein. These are very common in the veins of the lower part of the pelvis, and they are of no clinical importance. When located in the pelvis they are sometimes difficult to differ from renal stones in the ureters on x-ray." This is what I found on it...sounds like it's not anything to worry about.
God bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread