It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
(female)

bratforlife HB User
Question-Please read

On february 11 I was diagnoses with a UTI was give Cipro for 3 days and I didn't follow the directions and took one a day then stopped after 3 days.. Didn't feel good still called the doctor and he gave me 4 more days of it. I took them twice a day for four days and just finished last night. Problem is I still keep having to go about every hour, hour and a half. I am putting out about 3 to maybe 4 ounces everytime I go, the urine is yellow and clear not cloudy and doesn't smell bad. Does anyone know why I could still keep going like that. Today I drank probably about 36 ounces of water and probably went to the bathroom 6 or 7 times so far and each times was about the 3 to 4 ounces. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

frb1591 HB User
Re: Question-Please read

Hi brat,

Sorry to hear about your problem. You might consider going back to your doc to have him check to make sure the infection is completely gone. Sometimes it takes more antibiodics to completely clear up the infection. Also, if you had a bad UTI, it sometimes takes the bladder a while to calm down and feel like you did prior to the UTI.

Hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2008, 01:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

I think you are suppose to go for a recheck after you have been done with the antibiotics for 7 days. Cipro never worked for me. I usually get Levaquin.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:05 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User

bratforlife,

I agree, that the infection may NOT be gone, and would recomend you being re-tested. Another possibility is that your bladder MAY NOT be emptying, being the reason you have to go so often?
If after your re-tested, and IF that shows no infection, I recomend you see a Urologist to be evaluated.

Wish you the best!
God bless, and take care,
Annette

P.S. Please let us know how you make out!

Old 03-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
(female)

bratforlife HB User

Well I saw my doctor yesterday and he did another urine test and said I had moderate sediment in my urine and that I had +1 for Leukocytes which isn't very high. He is doing a culture this time on my urine and I will know more Tuesday, but he said it could still be a possible infection and gave me 7 more days of Cipro. I am just concerned that it seems like I am peeing more then I am taking in and I am close to getting my period so I am just wondering and I don't know the answer to this but I know you bloat and retain watering during your two weeks before your period and I am wondering if I am releasing the retained water or something.. I see him again in another two weeks and I will be calling to get my culture results on Tuesday. This just sucks I hate not knowing what is wrong and I do suffer from anxiety horribly and OCD so I am obsessiving big time on my bladder.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
(female)

KellyCz HB User

I just came across this thread. I have chronic UTIs, and have to take prophylactic (preventative) antibiotics everyday. I have overactive bladder/incontinence issues due to neurological problems (cerebral palsy.) There is, according to my urologist, a connection between hormone levels (estrogen) and how much one urinates, specifically when they have overactive bladder. (Not saying you do) but perhaps there is still a trace of bacteria in your urinary tract, and because you are close to your period with higher estrogen levels, the combination of the 2 factors could be causing your frequency of urination. Do you have urgency too?

Kelly

Last edited by KellyCz; 03-01-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
(female)

bratforlife HB User

I don't have the urgency so much as I just feel like I have to go more. I can hold it for a little without going in my pants. I do however have a weak bladder because if I cough or sneeze I wet my pants a little also I am 39 and both my mother and grandmother went into their change of life in their late 30's so I don't know if that could be happening too. I have the night sweats and mood swings and my chest and face will get warm and now this whole thing with going to the bathroom constantly started around 3 weeks ago.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
(female)

KellyCz HB User

Hi again,
You may very well be going into menopause. I am young (25) but I have learned a lot from my urologist, who specializes in female urology and incontinence. I would see a urogynecologist. They specialize in both urology and gynecology and how they are connected in female urinary problems. She has a lot of experience with hormone shifts, etc. She said that stress incontinence (what you are experiencing when you cough or sneeze) becomes a problem for a lot of women entering menopause. I would ask for a referral to a urologist. I have both stress and urge incontinence.
Kelly

Last edited by KellyCz; 03-01-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
(female)

bratforlife HB User

Thank you for your responses. Maybe I will make an appointment with my Gyno on top of seeing my doctor in two weeks. I have been keeping track for my doctor and I have gone to the bathroom like 12 times since 7:00 this morning.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:44 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

I would recommend the Urologist. He may need to stretch the Urethea. They do right in the office through the Cystoscope. I had gone through that for years. Cipro for months at a time. Stretching the Urethea every two weeks. Found out after switching doctors that it was done too often. I even tired biofeedback for a while.

Closed Thread