It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
(male)

saver509 HB User
Unhappy Post Catheter Problems - 6 Weeks Post Surgery

I am 33 years old and due to a severe accident I had a spinal fusion on the 14th of january. During and for two days after I had a catheter. I have since been having problems urinating. The problems consist of uncontrolable spraying, some soreness, having less of a stream then before, and also having to force myself to push out the urine at the end.... None of these things are usual for me. There is no urine leakage accept directly after urinating. There is no seepage or mucus. I had been tested for a urinary tract infection and it came back clean..... The P.A. that works for my surgeon actually asked me to get checked for an STD. I have been married for a very long time and we are both faithful and have a great relationship. So that statement drove me nuts. If anyone can help me I will be very greatful. THANX!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User
Re: Post Catheter Problems - 6 Weeks Post Surgery

Saver,

Have you been to a Urologist for these issues? If not I sould suggest you see one.
It sounds like you MAY have some sort of a stricture(narrowing) in the urethra causing the "spraying" when you urinate. You said you "have to push" at the end of peeing, do you feel like your bladder is emptying when your done?
Or maybe kidney stones? Any history with them with you? However I would think you would be having ALOT of pain unless it was a VERY TINY stone.
Or could it be possible there was some damage done to the nerve to the bladder during surgery? What part of your spine was fused?
It's hard to say, but really believe you should see a Urologist and be evaluated.

Wish you the best,
Take care and GOd bless,
Annette

P.S. Reguarding your statement on Doctor suggesting you to get tested for STD>>>>>>> Its easier for them to "Blame the Patient" then to simply say, They DONT KNOW! I would think given your symptoms, that a good Doctor would refer you to a Urologist so you CAN get the answers. Just my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread