It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

morasha05 HB User
no sensation to urinate

i have this problem.. i dont know that i have to pass out urine until a few other signs jump in..viz.. pain in my right eye, a headache, a slight poking pain near my kidney area, choking sensation around my neck..do feel nauseous and light headed.. but the strange thing is that i cannot feel the fullness of my bladder, its a very feeble one only when it is extremely full and about to burst.. once i resort to urinate, all the above symptoms subside.. i do have a history or migraine and fainting spells.. is this something normal..

Last edited by morasha05; 03-08-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: no sensation to urinate

Nothing you describe is normal. You might want to look up Neurogenic Bladder. Not sure how they do things medically in India but you need to see a doctor to find out why this is happening because it can cause so many problems. It is never good to allow your bladder to get that full...it can lead to infections and a whole host of other things. Spinal cord victims that have no feeling also have to learn other methods of urinating. You need to find out what you need to do before your bladder gets so full. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
(female)

morasha05 HB User
Smile Re: no sensation to urinate

Thankyou so much.. i sure am a bit worried about the whole thing.. lets see what can be done..cheers..

Old 03-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User

morasha05,

I have a "Neurogenic bladder" as the other poster (Ann) mentioned. I do not have the "urge" to urinate either. And I've been "self cathing" for 10 years due to nerve damage.
It sounds as though you MAY have some nerve damage of some sort that would effect your bladder function? Have you had any recent surgeries? How long have you had this condition?
Do you have any difficulty passing urine? When you DO urinate, do you release a good amount?
I think a visit to a Urologist may be in order to sort out what may be causing your symptoms. As Ann has mentioned, when the bladder does get over full it can cause many things....an over distended bladder can stretch the bladder itself, and to the extream can cause it to "prolaps"(fall down), also can cause kidney issues if urine gets backed up in the kidneys, also lead to infection.
The fact your not getting the sensation to urinate, tells me the nerve itself to the bladder has been compromised in some way. The NERVE to the bladder is responcible for bladder contraction (urge) .
Wish you well, and PLEASE let us know how you make out.
Take care and God bless,
Annette

Old 03-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
(female)

morasha05 HB User

Thankyou so much for your advice.. how u doin now..actually, i feel the urge to pass urine only when my bladder is extremely full but its a very feeble one.. i know i have to go to the loo when the other signs strike in..there's quite a lot of fluid that comes out once i release.. never had any surgeries.. a few months ago i passed out (fainted) as i hadn't gone to the loo. Then i could feel a little pressure and was trying tio control as i was attending a lecture.. this problem is recent.. say 5 months now..

Old 03-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User

morasha,

I know from my experience with MY situation that the bladder is a very "sencitive creature". THe nerve was damaged to my bladder during a hysterectomy 10 years ago and it never regained function. As I mentioned before I've been "self cathing" (incerting a catheter) 5 times a day to empty my bladder. At this point it has become second nature to me just another part of my day, but intionaly was quite dawnting.
Do you have any trouble with your back? It does sound like your bladder is acting "sluggish" to say the least , and you may have something going on inside causing pressure on the nerve it self? An over extended bladder CAN cause neurological problems you have mentioned, your eyes, headaches, and yes even fainting. Even in the EXTREAM case can literaly cause dilerium!
If I had to guess it sounds like nerve issues, possibly in your spinal cord itself, or as I mentioned before the nerve to the bladder itself compromised in some way.
Definetly worth getting it evaulated by a Urologist. IF that turns out fine, then a visit to a Neurologist would be "MY" next stop. Just MY opinion.
Wish you the best,
Take care, and God bless,
Annette

Closed Thread