It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
(female)

babysister66 HB User
Red face Large blood and protein in urine. other issues as well

I have blood and protein in my urine, showing up in urinalysis and 24 hour urine catch. On the dipstick, the blood comes back as the highest it will read, and protein is about in the middle. Also am anemic and low RBC plus high lymphocytes. Have attentuation(?) areas on my left kidney, two large at 7cm and 12 cm. The Dr. won't say one way or another yet, but am scheduled for a cytoscopy in two weeks. Anyone out there with these symptoms? WHat did they find?

Old 03-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
(female)

babysister66 HB User
Angry Re: Large blood and protein in urine. other issues as well

Its just me again. Been hurting pretty bad today. Just checked my urine when I went to the bathroom tonight, and it looks like diluted coca cola. I know that means more blood, but I am so frustrated with the Drs. 1 more week for cytoscopy. I don't have health insurance, so I think the Dr.s tend to dismiss you more. WEnt into my local doc here last night and they basically patted me on the hand and gave me a prescription for antibiotics. I already know I don't have an infection, and then today I have these changes. Ok, I'm venting maybe, but I thought maybe someone who has been down this road might have some insight on what I can do. Thank you in advance for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
(female)

Dansgrl HB User
Re: Large blood and protein in urine. other issues as well

How did you find out about the attenuation? Do they think that means spongy kidneys? I have some of the same symptoms, they did a KUB xray and indicate calcifications... which they believe to be kidney stones. They are scheduling me for a CT scan. How come they went to Cytoscope prior to a ct scan? My blood was high on the dipstick and my protein small, which protein I understand can be from the blood. There are days I have visible blood, and days where it just comes up on the dipstick test. They have not done a 24-hour test yet, but I presume that will come eventually. You might also check with the kidney board. Good luck, let us know what happens!

Old 03-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
(female)

babysister66 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Large blood and protein in urine. other issues as well

I had two prior CT scans, and one just today that I have yet to go pick up results on. First one in November said high attentuation areas, 2nd one in December said hypoattenuation cyst. These were both done with out contrast, so I'm not sure what that means. What is the KUB you were saying? See, I think I get dismissed alot becaue I don't have insurance, so I am being my own advocate and researching every result I have recieved.I plan to go in armed to the teeth to my next urologist appointment, asking all my questions. I think they are doing the cystoscopy now because the first thing I learned they do is rule out anything in the bladder when you have hematuria.aaagggh. Keep me informed on you and I wish you the very best. Mary

Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
(female)

Dansgrl HB User
Re: Large blood and protein in urine. other issues as well

Hi Mary... the KUB is an xray of the Kidneys Ureter and Bladder. They usually do it first, but it's not very reliable so they have to follow up if they see anything. Hence the reason I'm having a CT scan.... scheduled next week. (they don't hurry and do anything.) My pain comes and goes and I just had two really good days but today sucked. I can feel it radiating up into my ribs even.
I hope they find out soon what is up with you. Let me know your results.
Take good care! claudia

Closed Thread