It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

cathworried HB User
TOT sling recovery?

This is my first time on this board, and I have a question. I had a TOT sling surgery this week. I thought that it had gone well because I'd had no leakage for a couple days, but today I sneezed, and there was the leak. Does the sling get better as your muscles grow around it? Or should it be at it's best immediately? With the leakage today, I just got worried that this whole surgery was for naught. And I can't call the doc's office to ask until Monday. I would appreciate any feedback.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User
Re: TOT sling recovery?

cathworried,

I would definetly call your Urologist on Monday and let them know what is going on with you.
I had a sling procedure 10 years ago, and with my experience and many others they tend suffer from "retention" rather than incontinence after the procedure. Im wondering if perhaps the reason you had no leakage the first couple days was due to swelling and now that its going down, the sling is "looser" sort a speak? I could be totaly wrong, but it does seem odd. This is just MY opinion of course.
But you may get your best opinion from your Doctor, call him/her and see what they say.
Please let us know what they have to say.
Wish you the best!
Take care, and God bless.
Annette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 06:43 AM   #3
(female)

cathworried HB User
Re: TOT sling recovery?

Annette - Thanks so much for your reply! I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate it a lot. I did get in to see the Dr. on Monday. Had to be a little pushy with the office staff, but it was worth it. She said everything was going fine, but I still had a little inflammation - so to take Ibuprofen and start taking daily warm baths. She said not to worry about the 1 leak so far. And it still has been only one leak since it was put in 10 days ago - YEAH!!! So, I'm pretty pleased - that is a HUGE difference from where I was. I'll be checking in with the doctor again next week.

I'm going to keep reporting on this thread because I know a lot of women have this surgery, and I kept finding horror stories when I was looking, although I know there must be positive stories. I really appreciate my doctor's caring attitude, and I think this already is a major improvement in my quality of life.

Oh Annette - on the retention issue. The doc had done a urinalysis beforehand and told me that there was very little issue of that being a problem for me because I had strong out muscles. I was glad she checked that (and other things) because I had read about the retention issue. Also, when I was in the office on Monday, they did a ultrasound on my bladder to make sure I wasn't having retention problems.

OK, that's all for now. I'll report again...

Closed Thread