It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 01:40 AM   #1
(male)

querymethis HB User
Lumps in Semen

Iam sure this question has been asked many times, i have tried the search facility but it appears not to be working at the minute so here goes.

I have noticed for some time that i have been getting lumps in my semen, these lumps look like rice pudding and are like a amber colour and are slightly opaque. if i have not had sex in a while when I ejaculate it pretty much is all lumps, i can physically feel the lumps passing ! even if i have regular sex the lumps are always present be it one or two lumps, or the whole lot is lumps.

for some time my appetite for sex has been diminished, I am hetrosexual i find my wife attractive but never feel like sex anymore, this is hard for my wife.

Iam only 28 years old, and otherwise in good health, I dont smoke and rarely drink alcohol, i dont abuse drugs / solvents. I have noticed that I do get tired easily but I do have two kids one is 20 months and the other is 8 years and my job is quite stressfull.

Iam concerned about this problem, but i am embarrassed to go to my GP I have been in the past with remedial issues and i feel that they may think I am a hypocondria if I go back with this.

can anyone help me ?

Last edited by querymethis; 05-21-2008 at 02:27 AM.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
(male)

cs11111 HB User
Re: Lumps in Semen

Quote:
Originally Posted by querymethis View Post
Iam sure this question has been asked many times, i have tried the search facility but it appears not to be working at the minute so here goes.

I have noticed for some time that i have been getting lumps in my semen, these lumps look like rice pudding and are like a amber colour and are slightly opaque. if i have not had sex in a while when I ejaculate it pretty much is all lumps, i can physically feel the lumps passing ! even if i have regular sex the lumps are always present be it one or two lumps, or the whole lot is lumps.

for some time my appetite for sex has been diminished, I am hetrosexual i find my wife attractive but never feel like sex anymore, this is hard for my wife.

Iam only 28 years old, and otherwise in good health, I dont smoke and rarely drink alcohol, i dont abuse drugs / solvents. I have noticed that I do get tired easily but I do have two kids one is 20 months and the other is 8 years and my job is quite stressfull.

Iam concerned about this problem, but i am embarrassed to go to my GP I have been in the past with remedial issues and i feel that they may think I am a hypocondria if I go back with this.

can anyone help me ?
I think the "lumps", as you put them, are quite normal. My ejaculate is very much like yours and has looked this way since I was 12 years old (I'm 43 now). I've never had any issues with ED, so I suspect that the two are probably unconnected in your case. I would imagine that the stress you are feeling at work, combined with the stress of raising young children is more likely responsible for any erectile problems you might be having.

That said, there's no reason whatsoever to fear seeing your doctor (or any doctor) for this or any other medical issues you may have. There's no reason to feel embarassment, or shame, or any other negative emotion - the key thing is to identify the source of the problem, as well as potential avenues for therapy, so that you (and your wife) can lead happier lives.

If you still don't want to see your GP, ask your doctor for a referral to a urologist, who can help you sort through these issues and can order any diagnostic tests that might be necessary.

Last edited by cs11111; 05-21-2008 at 07:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
(male)

querymethis HB User

thanks for that. do we know why this happens ?

Old 07-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
(male)

dannyp HB User

I will suggest that you see your family doctor soon.
Any big changes should be discussed.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
(male)

moonpool1975 HB User

I also had this problem. A couple of years ago I decided to eliminate soft drinks from my diet and drink only bottled water (not because of the lumps but because of weight gain). I was surprised to discover after a couple of weeks drinking only bottled water the lumps disappeared and have not returned. I discussed with my family doctor and he was as surprised as me but concluded the lumps must have been caused by either the soft drinks or lack of proper hydration. Now I find the more water I drink the clearer my semen is.

Closed Thread