It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
(female)

dreamynights HB User
Urethra throbbing feeling/spasming?

My father has a condition of kidney stones so there is a chance I can have it as well. I'm only 21 years old but I rareeeeely drink water. I know its bad but I just cant get into the habit. Recently, I've been drinking very little water, less than usual. I also have a habit of keeping my pee in. I think those two things could be contributing to the problem I'm experiencing. For a little while, when I'm peeing, I feel my kidneys being tired, squeezed or uncomfortable? its just a feeling that not normal. Today though, I felt the weirdest thing when I woke up to pee. After peeing, my urethra was throbbing or having spasms? Once again I dont know the exact words to describe it. Almost like feels a little ticklish but also not comfortable. I went to pee again cause I thought it was the possibility of a stone trying to get out. No pain while peeing but still the discomfort after. I went back to bed and still the same feeling until I press on the area and hold it. Then I dont feel it, but if I release the pressure, I'll feel it again.

So does anyone know what this feeling means? I read some things I think it says infections can lead to this feeling. But what about kidney stones or holding in pee? I'm not feeling it right now but I'm drinking more water just incase

edit: I'm not actually sure if it was my urethra or the clitoris (i am a virgin) that was throbbing though. I know it was in the general area and seemed more like in the middle? :X

Last edited by dreamynights; 06-07-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
(female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User
Re: Urethra throbbing feeling/spasming?

I would doubt that it's a kidney stone because you would be in horrible pain passing a stone! I would think that an infection, urinary tract infection could be coming. It is so important to drink water at least for the health of your kidneys. If you don't like drinking water try flavored water. I suffer from a bladder disorder called IC and I remember never liking to drink water also. If I knew what I know today I would've drank lots of water to avoid having bladder problems. I hope you feel better soon!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
(female)

charto HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamynights View Post
My father has a condition of kidney stones so there is a chance I can have it as well. I'm only 21 years old but I rareeeeely drink water. I know its bad but I just cant get into the habit. Recently, I've been drinking very little water, less than usual. I also have a habit of keeping my pee in. I think those two things could be contributing to the problem I'm experiencing. For a little while, when I'm peeing, I feel my kidneys being tired, squeezed or uncomfortable? its just a feeling that not normal. Today though, I felt the weirdest thing when I woke up to pee. After peeing, my urethra was throbbing or having spasms? Once again I dont know the exact words to describe it. Almost like feels a little ticklish but also not comfortable. I went to pee again cause I thought it was the possibility of a stone trying to get out. No pain while peeing but still the discomfort after. I went back to bed and still the same feeling until I press on the area and hold it. Then I dont feel it, but if I release the pressure, I'll feel it again.

So does anyone know what this feeling means? I read some things I think it says infections can lead to this feeling. But what about kidney stones or holding in pee? I'm not feeling it right now but I'm drinking more water just incase

edit: I'm not actually sure if it was my urethra or the clitoris (i am a virgin) that was throbbing though. I know it was in the general area and seemed more like in the middle? :X

Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
(female)

charto HB User

you should see a urologist. it sounds like I just got over having the same problem. my urethra would throb especially after urinating. he had to stretch my urethral tube, and put me on antibiotics. hope you get better, it can be so agonizing.

Closed Thread