It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
(female)

Technokittie HB User
lower right back pain, and bad urine?

It started around the weekend.. I noticed suddenly my urine was off. It was dark..almost orange, and had THE WORST SMELL EVER.

I cannot describe the stench..it was unlike any scent I can compare it to, or try to. It was just BAD.

And it continued for around 3 days, and eventually watered down and stopped.

I dont usually drink caffeine, usually water and the occasional milk. But lately I had drank a soda or two..still not much, and that happens like once a month so my body can handle it. But I still decided to blame that.

But anyways..I looked up what could make a smell that horrendous... the problem I found..could be a simple bladder infection. The sites all said it didnt require the usually pain and frequent urination...and could sometimes be accompanied by lower back pains.

I didnt have any at the time.. but a day after the bad urine stopped.. I was woken up 4 hours early with REALLY BAD BACK PAIN..in the lower right side.

Now I'm used to back pain, being a bit top heavy as a woman. But this wasnt from knotted muscles or pinched nerves.. this is diffrent.

It throbs, is pretty extreme, nearly brought me to my knees when I went to take some pain killer for it..and had me curled up in a ball crying in bed before the meds kicked in.

Thankfully they knocked me out and I slept the whole day to wake with it gone.

My tummy was then upset..so I just figure the smelly pee and back pain were unrelated, and it was just gas.

But I know gas.. I'm a gassy person.. I can even tell someone else when they think they're having issues..if its gas and then an hour later they let one rip and feel better.

But I still figured..well maybe it just placed oddly and I couldnt detect it right.

well this morning..after waking up early again.. THE PAIN RETURNED..and this time worse.

SO I took my pain killer and slept..and I have just woken up. And its not gone, but its faint enough I dont mind it.

Now my dad called and when I mentioned it he said its a kidney stone..him being an older male knows kidney stones like us women know bladder infections and cramps.

But yet..when I looked up symptoms of them... it said it would start moving down with the pain..and the only urine problem would be blood.

soo... it could be a UTI.. or stones..

what else could it be?? and what should I do?

I just moved 500miles away from my home and doctor, and forgot my insurance card back there... so I really want to avoid medical bills.

For now I will drink cranberry juice and worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 07:17 AM   #2
(female)

kewlgirl HB User
Re: lower right back pain, and bad urine?

It sounds like it could be a kidney infection and you should see a doctor ASAP!

If you let it go it could cause permenant kidney damage.

Closed Thread