It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
(female)

wreck61 HB User
Unhappy constant sensation of needing to urinate

I am having a really bad few days - I have the sensation to urinate 24/7 and it's driving me mad. Because of my age and the fact that I have been taking steriods for nearly 5 years, that my skin is thinning in that area and she has prescribed an oestrogen cream to rub in. I have been doing this for about 6 weeks now, and have had some good days, but have been feeling really bad for almost a week now. I have had all the tests done to investigate my bladder kidneys about 2 years ago, and everything was normal. Originally they thought it was UTI's but results always come back negative. I have been reading up on a condition called vestibulitis which has similar symptoms to mine and have just started using callendular cream as well, hoping that it will help. My sister said that perhaps I should use umla cream which is used to numb areas before injections, but I am a bit reticent to do this, because of the side effects. I would so appreciate it if someone could come up with some effective answer to this, as I am having a really bad day today - my moral is v. low.
Thanks.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
Re: constant sensation of needing to urinate

Hi. I also have Vestibulitis. Lots of women use either Emla or Lidocaine ointment to numb the area. I use Estrogen cream and it's helped a lot. I also use Emu Oil for dryness. Have you tried taking a warm bath with Aveeno? When all else fails, putting an icepack on your vulva does a world of good. I used Calendula cream years ago and it helped at the time. Hope you get rid of your pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
(female)

wreck61 HB User

Hi sunshine 123 - thanks for the helpful info. you have given. How long did it take for the oestrogen cream to help- I've been rubbing it into the affected area for about 6 weeks now, but still can't sitdown forlong periods of time on hard seats without a lot of discomfort. I have just started using the callendular cream and hope that this will improve matters. You mentioned Emu oil and aveeno - can I get this over the counter as I would like to try this to see if it works. I nearly used Emla cream a few days ago, I was so desperate, but after reading the side effects, I was v. worried about using it. (
Did you doctor recommend you to use it - I just bought it over the counter in desperation. Have I got a life time of pain to look forward to, or does it improve at all with time. I hope so, as I don't think I could put up with this needing to pop to the loo all the time, it's affecting my life, as I am always worried that I might have an accident if I'm not near enough to a loo. Thanks. wreck61

Old 07-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

HI wreck:

It can take up to 6 months for the estrogen cream to help, so don't give up!!! Yes, emu oil and Aveeno are available over the counter in either a health food store or drugstore. After I found that emu oil was helping, I started buying it online. No, I bought the Emla online from Canada where no RX is needed. I research a lot of things online so I don't have to deal with Drs. unless it's absolutely necessary. lol. Lots of women get better. I was diagnosed first with Lichen Sclerosis. It has similar symptoms as Vestibulitis. It's in remission now and I rarely have pain from Vestibulitis either. I just pray that things stay as they are. Keep posting and I hope those things help you!!!! Sue

Old 07-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #5
(female)

wreck61 HB User

Thanks sue, that's encouraging - I thought that the oestrogen cream wasn't working for me. I'll persevere and will also try the Aveeno and emu oil. I'll also look of lichen sclerosis. Thanks.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 AM   #6
(female)

jyoti1980 HB User

me 2
its started 3 days ago
always need to go pee but not really peeing
what is this>?

Reply Reply