It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

Pepper81 HB User
Frequent Sensation to urinate

I am not new to these boards, just new to this area of concern. I have found myself dealing with a new problem and it is rather obnoxious and starting to concern me.

I find I have a frequent sensation to urinate, whether I have to actually go to the bathroom or not. For instance, I just went to the bathroom and as I was walking out I felt like I had to go back in again, but there was nothing. This has been going on for months. I am a 27 yr old female (not pregnant). I recently had part of my cervix removed for precancerous cells and everything in that regard is healed and healthy, so say the test results. I was in a bit of a car wreck back in April of this year where I believed my only injuried to be friction burns, but I am wondering if maybe something else happened. I have no pain, no buring or irritation, just feel like I have to go a lot. I don't feel excessively thirsty, I don't drink caffeine or sodas. I now get up in the middle of the night an average of 3-4 times every single night. And during sex I have to stop my partner so I can run to the bathroom for a "trickle", when I felt like I was going to burst my bladder. Recently I had to stop twice in the matter of 5 minutes.

Is anyone familiar with this? I don't have any infection signs. My friend had similar sensations when she was in a car accident and it turns out her spine was pinching some nerves and it was fixed with chiropractic visits. I tried to call my doctor for an appointment but apparently the entire office is closed for a week and a half..I guess they all take vacation at one time-who knew? But any help would be well appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
(female)

frankieswife HB Userfrankieswife HB User
Re: Frequent Sensation to urinate

The first thing that came to my mind even before reading your post was a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). That causes frequent urination, feeling like you have to go but when you try to go you barely do, it can also cause burning with urination which I noticed you said you did not experience so that makes me wonder whether or not it is a UTI. Anyway, I would certainly go see your doctor because if it is a UTI you will need antibiotics-they can become very serious if left untreated. And if it is something else then your doctor will be able to pinpoint the problem and get it fixed for you.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
(female)

Kwinn80 HB User

I have the same syptoms I was baffled and I still am I have seen a ureo and had a cystoscopy done and they said my bladder was inflammed and that I needed to take antibiotics and let it heal.. I can tell you this! It is annoying as heck to always feel like you have to pee I get up myself tons at night! And I feel so abnormal being 28 and having these problems!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
(female)

lawya_bunny HB User

I've had the same problem for over 10 years. I've been to scores of different urologists and none of them can figure out what it is. They've ruled out UTI's, interstitial cystitis, and overactive bladder. I've tried Detrol, Ditropan, Vesicare, and Elmiron, to no avail. I've even tried bio-feedback. I had a cystoscopy performed 10 years ago and the doctor found nothing abnormal about my bladder. I had a urodynamics test performed about 7 years ago and again, they couldn't figure out what was causing my symptoms.

It never hurts when I urinate, thank god. I also have to stop my BF during sex sometimes because of the pressure it puts on my bladder. And I get up 2-4 times during the night to pee. I'm so tired of this!! Can anyone hellp?

Old 08-18-2008, 06:11 AM   #5
(female)

kelly222 HB User
Talking Re: Frequent Sensation to urinate

In reply to the person who cannot find an answer to the baldder problem. I was diagnosed with "irritable bladder sydrome 2 years ago and a explore op found nothing untoward. I am being treated with Detrusitol tablets now and it does ease the problem but it does not seem to get better. I also h ave the problem that while I have been on this medication I appear to have put on weight and am finding very difficult to lose it. As this seems a long term problem this is worrying me now. No doctors can explain why you get this syndrome when they can see no physical reason for it but I wonder if the bladder has been attacked by a virus or it is physoclogical. I do know that anxiety can make you have pain in different parts of the body.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #6
(female)

Pepper81 HB User

I did go to my doctor and they found white blood cells in my urine. They then sent the sample to the lab for culture testing and it came back negative for UTI's. So I have no infections then why do I have white blood cells in my urine? It is ratehr obnoxious to not know. I can only imagine how much fun it will be when I decide to have children.

Closed Thread