It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

T123sk HB User
I have pain when I am finishing urination also I have urgency to go often, what is wr

FOr 3 days urgenct upon urination and at the completion of the stream a strong pain..I scream now, What is wrong? Also I saw some blood mixed with what lookjed like mucous?

Old 08-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
(female)

joyfulone3 HB User
Re: I have pain when I am finishing urination also I have urgency to go often, what i

no one but a doctor can diagnose you. It sounds like a urinary track infection (UTI) which can be very painful and can also spread through your bladder and kidneys. Don't wait, get to your doctor for an exam and medication and also drink lots of water. Good luck. If it is so painful you can't stand it, you might even consider going to the ER.

Last edited by joyfulone3; 08-28-2008 at 11:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 01:04 AM   #3
(female)

waratah HB User
Re: I have pain when I am finishing urination also I have urgency to go often, what i

Hi t123sk,
I agree with joyfulone3, It does sound like a urinary tract infection UTI, really really common for women to have these bacterial urinary infections. So don't be embarrased or ashamed, we've all had em'.

You will need to see a doctor, but in the next few hours there are a few things you can do to reduce the severity of those troubling symptoms.

Drink cranberry juice neat. Cranberry has an enzyme in it that makes it difficult for bacteria to stick to the urinary tract, bacteria that can't hang on get flushed away. But you'll need to continue it, until the UTI is completely treated. Also, cranberry tablets from the healthfood store are helpful too.

Another thing we use here is something called 'Ural', It's a box of sachet's available at from pharmacies, and it's basically a combination of bicarbonate of soda and citric acid. It won't cure the UTI, but my goodness it can reduce the severity of those symptoms.

So drink drink drink, and go see a doc for some anti-biotics. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.
Regards, waratah

Closed Thread