It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
(female)

renny77 HB User
Female frequent urination- Nothings working

I'v had about 7 utis in 22 years. All were cured with diffiferent antibiotics depending what Dr. I see.
I have frequent urination but no burning in July. Took Cranactin but kept forgetting to follow dosage. Cranactin did not work. Was prescribed Bactrim in September and got allergic by the third day and stopped taking for 4 days. Prescribed Septra on 5th day because told clinic that I was prescribed that in 2004 and it worked. Septra did not work after 7 day prescription. Still have frequent urination.
Did lab culture next and was told it's negative. But I still have frequent urination. Bought Urvi Ursa and Walmart 3000 mg Cranberry pills and it's not working. Just started taking D mannose for 1.5 days. If this D manose does not work then What kind of bacteria do I have? Is this a sign that I have major internal problems.
Should a urologists do a stain or what now?

Old 11-11-2008, 04:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Kertie446 HB User
Re: Female frequent urination- Nothings working

I'm 20 and I too have had these symptoms and have still got them exactly the same and know exactly how you are feeling.

I went to the doctors in late August due to excessive frequency at night and in the day with 'urge'/full bladder feelings but not leaking or anything like that.

I was first told I had an infection in August, given three, maybe more different types of antibiotics. Went for regular urine sample testings and they all came back clear after 3 days worth of antibiotics over the weekend but they still insisted on prescribing me more antibiotics rather than getting to the exact cause of the problem. I then asked my doctor to send me to see a urogynaecologist. The urogynaecolgist said that my problems are not due to the infection. I had Staph B infection and he said that many women can walk around with this infection not even knowing that they've got it as it usually doesn't cause any symptoms or problems.

He has arranged for me to have a urodynamics test which I'm unfortunately going to have to wait for quite a while to even get which is getting a little frustrating as I just want to be normal again.

I would certainly recommend that you ask your doctor to send you to either a uroggynaecolgist or a urologist for further in-depth investigations to find out why your bladder is like it is.

Hope this is of help to you and good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread