It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Unhappy UTI, kidney pain, ugghh

Hi,

I am yet experiencing another Urinary Tract Infection again. I swear I have been getting them off and on over a year now every other month.

I do experience kidney pain but I don't know if that has anything to do with my kidney stones or not. I am on a thiazide diuretic to control the kidney stones though.

I don't understand why I am getting these all the time now. I do drink Coke and I know it is not good, but I have always drank Coke and to no avail. I don't know if it is something else or what.

I don't think it is cystitis because it gets better with drinking cranberry juice but I can't drink alot of cranberry juice because of my kidney stones.

I used to get kidney infections all the time when I was a kid, now I don't get them and then all of a sudden I was having the kidney stones. Now I am getting these stupid UTI's. They are very uncomfortable.

I do take AZO, I have been taking tylenol 3 for the pain, but that doesn't seem to work. I have tried so much.

Is there anything that anyone can tell me what else to do. I have been to the doctor numerous times with the medicine and it just keeps coming back. I have followed all orders on what to do and what not to do.

I am just so mad right now because I feel I can't be helped anymore. I mean the doctor finally the last time gave me antibiotics for 2 weeks straight, it went away and about 3 weeks later it is back again. I hate not being able to pee and it not hurting.

WHAT DO I DO.......??????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User
Re: UTI, kidney pain, ugghh

hi lookinforanswer!

if you haven't already then please try this;it was published in Weekly World News(a magazine in Canada)that was in their January 1995 issue.....for bladder infection:take two TBS(try just 1 TBS...it works just as well...otherwise it's wayyyy too spicy!)of cinnamon powder and one tsp of honey in a glass ofwarm water and drink it.It destroys the the germs in the bladder.......It Really Does Work

I've tried this remedy and it's great...and natural...no antibiotics and that's a good thing.The taste is very spicy,but just drink it down fast......I prefer the 1 TBS cinnamon!

Good Luck to you!

Scout~

Old 11-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Unhappy Re: UTI, kidney pain, ugghh

Scout316,

Thanks for the remedy but I am allergic to Cinnamon.

I have tried everything known to man for this darn infection. It had gotten better, then, today, wham..... It hit me hard, it hurt so bad where my pee hole is. I went pee at least 9 times today. I am feeling a little better right now, because I got some liquids in me.

My kidney still hurts but not as bad and my urinary tract is just there.

I am getting so sick of this. I have been to the doctor so much and even with the antibiotics it isn't going away. It goes away for about a month and comes back.

I am so discouraged and nothing has ever been so uncomfortable with me in my life. I can usually deal with kidney stones better than this and kidney stones are unbearable.

I drink alot of green tea, cranberry juice, I have upped my vitamin C, I have taken echinacea because it says that it is good, I have tried baking soda with water, let me tell you that can make you puke, I have tried Alka Seltzer. There aren't any remedies that I have not tried. Except for the Cinnamon thing.

I think I should just give up and just let it go.

It always seems like this happens right before my husband and I are going to go away too.

Thanks and take care.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:40 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User

Hi,

I had gone to my Planned parenthood a couple days ago for my yearly pap and all that kind of stuff. When I was there they took a sample of my urine and told me that I had a urinary tract infection. Well the doctor gave me some cipro for 3 days to take. So hopefully this will help me somewhat, as I have taken the cipro before and it has come back.

The cipro she gave me was a 3 day deal and is only 250 mg. Doesn't this seem like not enough mgs as I think when my urologist gave me the cipro before, which I had gotten the generic, it was 500 mg.

Anyway, I hope this helps somewhat because I leave in a couple of weeks for vacation and I do not want to end up with more pain while I am there and I want to enjoy myself also.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:40 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User

Well, I have taken my 3 days worth of cipro and took the last one yesterday morning. I am feeling better but now after I urinate after about 15 seconds of being done, I am getting a little sharp tinge. I am still having the urgency. My kidney is still hurting.

Should I call back and go get some more?

I just want to make sure this is cleared and gone.

Thanks.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
(male)

5milebar HB User

Am I sposed to drink the cinnamon mix daily? Or just a 1 time deal?

Closed Thread