It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #31
(female)

JG3429 HB User
Re: Constant feeling of having to urinate

Good luck with your cystoscopy. I had one done in the early days of trying to diagnose my problem and there was nothing found. That doctor said he didn't think it was an overactive bladder as I didn't have any other symptoms. And it was a different doctor who finally diagnosed me.

It might be worth trying some overactive medicine as if it isn't that, then it won't make any difference and at least you can rule that out.

Initially they gave me oxybutynin, which didn't really work that well, and then I tried Vesicare, which was amazing! Definitely worth trying I think, given that your situation sounds very similar to mine.

Keep your chin up. I know it is hard when you are engulfed in something like this, and it feels like it will never go away, but it will.

Let me know how you get on with your cystoscopy.

Jenny

Old 11-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #32
(female)

kris447 HB User

I know, right!? I spent thousands of dollars, and hours of time trying to figure out what was wrong with me for 2 and 1/2 years before I finally figured out baking soda baths were the cheap & easy cure I needed! I'm convinced the experience made me a better person though, and now I'm eager to help others going through the same agony I went through.

How did your cystoscopy go? Did they see anything abnormal? Mine showed my bladder was completely normal and healthy, but the cystoscopy itself was probably one of the worst experiences in my life. Hurt like HELL and peed blood for 3 days afterwards. I almost passed out in the waiting area after the procedure because I was in so much pain and a nurse had to go get me some water. I really hope your appointment went better than mine.

Yes, the urologist I saw for several months prescribed me both Detrol-LA and Flowmax. I tried each one (separately) for 6 weeks. Neither did anything for me at all. From experience, I would suggest trying to get the doctors to focus on finding out exactly what is wrong with you before you try any prescription drugs. They tend to just throw drugs at you to try to cover up your symptoms instead of focusing on trying to fix the cause of the symptoms. My ONLY initial symptom I had after the UTI was the same as yours... I just felt like I had to pee all the time. So you might want to give the baking soda baths a try before you try a bunch of prescriptions. The baking soda certainly won't cause any harm if it doesn't work, unlike the prescriptions that all have nasty side-effects.

Anyway, hang in there! Let me know how you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeP View Post
It is amazing that after all of the doctors and tests that you had done and for the amount of time that you struggled you were diagnosed, treated, and felt better within 10days! I am feeling so frustrated and sad about this entire thing right now. I see the urologist again tomorrow for a cystoscopy. The only symptom that I have is the urge to urinate and it seems to range from mild to super strong throughout the day. No rhyme or reason to it. I just want this all to be over with. Did your doctor ever prescribe you any of the overactive bladder meds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #33
(female)

RaeP HB User

I had my cystoscopy on Tuesday and of course all is well. He sent me for a pelvic ultrasound yesterday and all is good there too. So I don't know what to think. My anxiety levels are definitely getting the best of me because I can't stand feeling like I have to go to the bathroom all of the time!!! Every tells me to just ignore it and it will eventually go away, I can't ignore something that I can feel all of the time!! The urologist did give me a one week supply of Vesicare and I only took the second pill today, so I don't think it's helping as of yet. Another part of this puzzle is that during the last 3 weeks that this has been going on I should have gotten my period and I didn't, so it is about 2 weeks late. I have never skipped periods before except for 3 times and I have 3 daughters! I am definitely not pregnant, but I can't somehow worry that this is all tied together. Could it be that the uti that I had at the beginning of this made this all happen?? I am just so tired and stressed from this. The urologist wants me to call him in a week to let him know how I'm doing and if the medicine is working. I. The meantime, I made an appt with my gyn this Monday.

The following user gives a hug of support to RaeP:
lujimar (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #34
(female)

lujimar HB User

Hello everyone,

I had a 13 hours of flight on the 30th of October. I was scared, had my cranberry powder ready (cycscontrol) and i had the discomfort but not to bad. And for almost a week i was in heaven. I had started to feel better even before the traveling by baking soda. So i had the courage to have some intimacy with my bf..we only tried!!! he didnt even enter bec i was a bit dry i guess due to stress if the pain will come or not...well yes the next day it was there(usually it's not there right after but maybe 5 hours later or the next day)..applied the baking soda and pre-seed lubricant (heard somewhere that it helps) then the pain went away..of course also took my cranberry powder. I was ok. Then i realized it didnt completely go away..and i tried intimacy again (i dont know why i did this..maybe because i felt that it was coming so i told myself i might as well try sex if the pain will be there regardless)...and yes the last one week was like close to hell...i had seen worse. if i didnt react on time, it would have been worse i KNOW!! Baking soda, pre-seed these didnt work. Again used Donaxyl vaginal tablets. Tonight will be my third night and I'm already feeling disease free...like the good old days, remember those times??? when you completely forget that you have a vagina or urethra down there except when you are peeing or when you are having sex im exactly back in my good days. But im not happy because this happened to me before...i had used the tablets and it was gone but a week later it was back with the milky discharge which doctors say nothing other than lactobalisilis.

Here is my theory: I think the urethral problem appears because of the the increased lactobasilis? does anyone know if that can cause irritation in urethra and bladder? Because i think if it doesnt get into the urethra, we wont have any problems. So although we believe we have a bladder problem, in fact we have a vaginal flora problem. This donaxyl table is supposed to kill the BV, any kind...and as u know, normally it kills your good bacteria as well and in some women it causes yeast infection. However for me, they actually give me a relief not a yeast infection. They give me a relief because they kills the good bacteria not because they kill the non-existing BV (that's what the cultures say, no BV). So for a while i feel good but again the good bacteria increases and im in HELL... is there a way to stop this stupid good bacteria? I think our body is attacking itself thinking there is a sickness in our vaginas. At some point, the antibiotics must have ruined our regular system..maybe we used the wrong antibiotics. i dont know i'm considering augmentine since i heard it helped some people with increased lactobolisis...however I'm trying to avoid it for a while since im scared to take any drugs.. i might also try ornidazol like BITERAL OR ORNISID, in case i have a secret BV. I'm considering this because the vaginal tablet that gives me comfort is also supposed to kill BV and other vaginal infections. What i dont understand is, how come Augmentine works for? whats the difference of it compared to other antibiotics we tried?

Old 11-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #35
(female)

kris447 HB User

So sorry to hear you are still having problems. For me, I still use the baking soda weekly to keep the lactobacillus numbers down. That irritated urethra feeling always comes back though and reminds me it's time for another bath. It never completely goes away, I just manage it the best I can with baking soda baths. I'm convinced that the lactobacillus just grows out of control on the outside & opening to the urethra & this is what causes the irritation & feeling of constantly needing to pee. Baking soda baths always improve my condition, but like I said, I have to keep taking them.

I also think that antibiotics are what caused me to have this imbalance of vaginal flora in the first place. So now I try to avoid antibiotics at all costs. Maybe you just need more baking soda baths? Try them daily, or 2 times a day if you can find the time. 15-20 minutes each time & make sure you get a lot of baking soda "up there". This is just my advice though, after dealing with this for over 4 years now. If you do try more antibiotics, please make sure to let us know if they work! Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujimar View Post
Hello everyone,

I had a 13 hours of flight on the 30th of October. I was scared, had my cranberry powder ready (cycscontrol) and i had the discomfort but not to bad. And for almost a week i was in heaven. I had started to feel better even before the traveling by baking soda. So i had the courage to have some intimacy with my bf..we only tried!!! he didnt even enter bec i was a bit dry i guess due to stress if the pain will come or not...well yes the next day it was there(usually it's not there right after but maybe 5 hours later or the next day)..applied the baking soda and pre-seed lubricant (heard somewhere that it helps) then the pain went away..of course also took my cranberry powder. I was ok. Then i realized it didnt completely go away..and i tried intimacy again (i dont know why i did this..maybe because i felt that it was coming so i told myself i might as well try sex if the pain will be there regardless)...and yes the last one week was like close to hell...i had seen worse. if i didnt react on time, it would have been worse i KNOW!! Baking soda, pre-seed these didnt work. Again used Donaxyl vaginal tablets. Tonight will be my third night and I'm already feeling disease free...like the good old days, remember those times??? when you completely forget that you have a vagina or urethra down there except when you are peeing or when you are having sex im exactly back in my good days. But im not happy because this happened to me before...i had used the tablets and it was gone but a week later it was back with the milky discharge which doctors say nothing other than lactobalisilis.

Here is my theory: I think the urethral problem appears because of the the increased lactobasilis? does anyone know if that can cause irritation in urethra and bladder? Because i think if it doesnt get into the urethra, we wont have any problems. So although we believe we have a bladder problem, in fact we have a vaginal flora problem. This donaxyl table is supposed to kill the BV, any kind...and as u know, normally it kills your good bacteria as well and in some women it causes yeast infection. However for me, they actually give me a relief not a yeast infection. They give me a relief because they kills the good bacteria not because they kill the non-existing BV (that's what the cultures say, no BV). So for a while i feel good but again the good bacteria increases and im in HELL... is there a way to stop this stupid good bacteria? I think our body is attacking itself thinking there is a sickness in our vaginas. At some point, the antibiotics must have ruined our regular system..maybe we used the wrong antibiotics. i dont know i'm considering augmentine since i heard it helped some people with increased lactobolisis...however I'm trying to avoid it for a while since im scared to take any drugs.. i might also try ornidazol like BITERAL OR ORNISID, in case i have a secret BV. I'm considering this because the vaginal tablet that gives me comfort is also supposed to kill BV and other vaginal infections. What i dont understand is, how come Augmentine works for? whats the difference of it compared to other antibiotics we tried?

Old 11-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #36
(female)

lujimar HB User

Hello Kristy,

Well, i changed my mind. Dont have the courage to try the augmentine. The donaxyl tablets are done a few days ago. The last day i started to notice that my milky white discharge turned into a bit greenish yellow and it's not liquid anymore but instead it's like a gel...hmm..i dont want to disgust anyone but like a big buggy. anyway... the normal irritation is gone except when this stuff is trying to get out of my vagina. however the opening is very red and it burns when this gely stuff is trying to come out. Maybe the medicine is cleaning. All i know is im tired of this and it's really crushing my confidence as a woman..i totally feel like disabled. the vagina is not in use but it gives pain..then maybe i should get rid of it, at least i wouldnt feel any pain. I'm certain that the vaginal flora is irritating my urethra and i dont have any problems with my bladder.

I will also try a natural remedy. It's something i did before the last time i felt disease free. I totally forgot about it but maybe it had an effect on me when i used it with baking soda. i had used the onion cleanse. It's supposed to get rid of any kind of BV in vagina so maybe it can cure CV as well. You need to buy normal or small size onions (only the ones with light brown skin, not red, not white) and then cut the onion into 4. Boil these in one and a half glass of good water (not tap) for 5 minutes. You can boil the water in a kettle and then pour it in a pan with onions and boil. Then let is cool. Drink it on an empty stomach. You can drink it warm or cold. However it has to be FRESH daily. You do this in the morning and at night. for the ones who cant do this in the morning then before the meal at night and before going to bed. Try to do this 10 days after the last day of your period for 15days. dont do it while u r on your period. it's supposed to cure POC as well.Then repeat a one week session the next month. It's supposed to reset the vaginal flora. This is not a medical advice, im just sharing my own experience. i didnt have any side effect s but this doesnt mean it will be the same with you. I would recommend stop doing baking soda and just do this to see if it's working.

I'm having a bad day today.. it's a bit painful and sore down there.

The following user gives a hug of support to lujimar:
kris447 (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #37
(female)

kris447 HB User

I have never heard of the onion cleanse... thanks for the info! I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad day. I hope you can find something that helps you feel better soon.

Quote:
Hello Kristy,

Well, i changed my mind. Dont have the courage to try the augmentine. The donaxyl tablets are done a few days ago. The last day i started to notice that my milky white discharge turned into a bit greenish yellow and it's not liquid anymore but instead it's like a gel...hmm..i dont want to disgust anyone but like a big buggy. anyway... the normal irritation is gone except when this stuff is trying to get out of my vagina. however the opening is very red and it burns when this gely stuff is trying to come out. Maybe the medicine is cleaning. All i know is im tired of this and it's really crushing my confidence as a woman..i totally feel like disabled. the vagina is not in use but it gives pain..then maybe i should get rid of it, at least i wouldnt feel any pain. I'm certain that the vaginal flora is irritating my urethra and i dont have any problems with my bladder.

I will also try a natural remedy. It's something i did before the last time i felt disease free. I totally forgot about it but maybe it had an effect on me when i used it with baking soda. i had used the onion cleanse. It's supposed to get rid of any kind of BV in vagina so maybe it can cure CV as well. You need to buy normal or small size onions (only the ones with light brown skin, not red, not white) and then cut the onion into 4. Boil these in one and a half glass of good water (not tap) for 5 minutes. You can boil the water in a kettle and then pour it in a pan with onions and boil. Then let is cool. Drink it on an empty stomach. You can drink it warm or cold. However it has to be FRESH daily. You do this in the morning and at night. for the ones who cant do this in the morning then before the meal at night and before going to bed. Try to do this 10 days after the last day of your period for 15days. dont do it while u r on your period. it's supposed to cure POC as well.Then repeat a one week session the next month. It's supposed to reset the vaginal flora. This is not a medical advice, im just sharing my own experience. i didnt have any side effect s but this doesnt mean it will be the same with you. I would recommend stop doing baking soda and just do this to see if it's working.

I'm having a bad day today.. it's a bit painful and sore down there.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #38
(female)

lHeavenScentl HB User

I suffer from IC.And it sucks,I hate going places,cause im scared i will have to pee.I also get pain in lower back and were the bladder is. Im on meds for it,but it only helps a little.I wish the best of luck to you and everyone else.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:01 AM   #39
(female)

lujimar HB User

Hello teacup and kristy, i did some terrible things. After the donaxyl tablets i had a greenish yellow jelly like discharge as i told in my previous post. then i thought it's maybe yeast (i know doesnt make any sense) so i used a tablet for yeast called gyno-lomexin...and yes, this got rid of that greenish yellow..and i just had white clumps for a week (probably the medicine was cleaning)...anyway towards the end, i was red down there and the irritation started to show its ugly face again. Since this yeast infection tablet helped i thought maybe i have yeast infection and tried YOGHURT...OH MY GOD!!! DONT EVER USE IT...and it was home made just as my homeopathic doctor told. i remember years ago having an itchy yeast and i had used yoghurt which has helped a lot but this time I WAS BURNING, IT WAS LIKE THE TERRIBLE FLARE i've ever had. i couldnt even function. Anyway, immediately thought about baking soda..and guess what?? immediate comfort the next day even better. I'm all confused. the tablets seemed working but then once they are done the discomfort is back. I didnt have time to do the onion remedy since i'm terribly busy with work..but i will give it a try. Teacup, how is it going with the cream?

Old 12-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #40
(female)

kris447 HB User

it really sounds to me like you should stick with the baking soda. if applying yogurt (which is filled with lactobacillus) made things worse & baking soda makes it better, it really sounds like you have too much lactobacillus to me. i also used to think i had constant yeast infections & i would use the yeast infection treatment cream all the time. at first i think it just kills off everything down there so you get a bit of relief (same as when you start a new antibiotic). but then i think once you use it for a while the lactobacillus starts to come back and take over and i would always end up feeling worse than before.

i'll be interested to hear about the onion treatment if you give it a try, so please let me know. goodluck, and stay away from that yogurt!

Quote:
Hello teacup and kristy, i did some terrible things. After the donaxyl tablets i had a greenish yellow jelly like discharge as i told in my previous post. then i thought it's maybe yeast (i know doesnt make any sense) so i used a tablet for yeast called gyno-lomexin...and yes, this got rid of that greenish yellow..and i just had white clumps for a week (probably the medicine was cleaning)...anyway towards the end, i was red down there and the irritation started to show its ugly face again. Since this yeast infection tablet helped i thought maybe i have yeast infection and tried YOGHURT...OH MY GOD!!! DONT EVER USE IT...and it was home made just as my homeopathic doctor told. i remember years ago having an itchy yeast and i had used yoghurt which has helped a lot but this time I WAS BURNING, IT WAS LIKE THE TERRIBLE FLARE i've ever had. i couldnt even function. Anyway, immediately thought about baking soda..and guess what?? immediate comfort the next day even better. I'm all confused. the tablets seemed working but then once they are done the discomfort is back. I didnt have time to do the onion remedy since i'm terribly busy with work..but i will give it a try. Teacup, how is it going with the cream?

Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #41
(female)

SueBee796 HB User

I've had a lot of problems with my bladder, leaking, feeling like I have to go all the time. I've had Ultrasounds, Cystoscopy, and other tests over the years. They finally did a Urodynamic study which showed I have an Atonic Bladder. That wasn't very comforting to find out my bladder doesn't receive the nerve signals from the brain anymore and I have to use my surrounding muscles to empty my bladder or self-catheterize! I run out of breath several times before I can get my bladder emptied. So I don't know if you've tried a Urodynamic Study but it shows several things. Maybe you might want to try that?
Good Luck with your problems Hugs and Prayers

Closed Thread