It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
(male)

ColsBuckeye HB User
does color of human urine mean anything

Old 12-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: does color of human urine mean anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColsBuckeye View Post
any color changes can be due to drugs, food, or illnesses

cloudy urine can indicate urinary tract infection or stones

cola colored urine can be suggestive of a renal bleed, it can indicate a number of kidney diseases

in gross hematuria (blood in urine), the color can be red or the color of cola

clear white urine means your hydrated well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColsBuckeye View Post
After my urine turned blue yesterday, I found out there are more reasons behind color changes in urine. It's either going to be caused by food/liquids, medication, or a health problem.

Persistant dark or brown urine can indicate liver disease (as long as you are drinking enough water and know it's not dehydration).

Cloudy, murky, or turbid (muddy) urine is characteristic of a urinary tract infection, which may also have an offensive smell.

Murky urine may also be caused by the presence of bacteria, mucus, white blood cells or red blood cells, epithelial cells, fat, or phosphates.

Pink, red, or smoky brown urine can be a side effect of medication or caused by recent consumption of beets, blackberries or certain food colorings. Urinary tract disorder in which bleeding occurs such as cystitis, enlarged prostate, kidney cancer, bladder tumor, tuberculosis, bladder stones, kidney infection, Wilms' tumor (in children), or hypernephroma. Hemolytic anemia and porphyria. It may also occur after trauma to the kidneys or urinary tract.

Dark yellow or orange urine can be caused by recent use of laxatives or consumption of B complex vitamins or carotene. Medications that cause orange urine are pyridium, rifampin, and warfarin.

Green or blue urine is due to the effect of artificial color in food or drug. May be caused by a blue dye such as methylene blue, a component in several medications (Trac Tabs, Urised, Uroblue). Amitriptyline, indomethacin, resorcinol, triamterine, cimetidine, phenergan, and several multivitamins also lend a blue-green tint to the urine. Administration of the dye, indigo carmine, turns the urine blue/green and can last for several days if kidney function is poor. An inherited form of high calcium (called “familial hypercalcemia”) can result in blue urine, which has lent this disease the nickname “blue diaper syndrome." A blue pigment may also be produced by infection with the bacteria Pseudomonas.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
(male)

gent1 HB User

I went to my Dr with urine color change a couple months ago. My urine appears cloudy at times, and then it can appear golden and darker yellow. Lately my urine stream looks dark yellow. Other times it can appear failry clear. A urine test revealed pretty clean urine according to the Dr. I've had a liver test which came back normal as well.

If you search normal urine color, it is supposed to be a "straw yellow".

I am still unsure what the deal is with my urine color issues.

Closed Thread