It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
(female)

jesssilly HB User
cloudy/sweet smelling urine

I know I need to go to the doctor for this. Should have a long time ago. I intend to make an appointment really soon...I'm horrible with organization and procrastination. Anyway, I just wanted to get an idea(s) of what this might be caused by:

I'm a 21 (almost 22) year old female and about 8 months ago I got a minor urinary tract infection. I went to the clinic and got tested. That's how I know. They prescribed antibiotics, which I shamefully admit, I never even picked up from the pharmacy. So after a few days, I thought I was back to normal. No more burning/pain while peeing or anything. But my urine started to smell funny--like a sickening sweet smell, and was also sort've cloudy.

I've let this continue for a long time. My urine is still constantly cloudy and smells sweet. I guess I have to say I've gotten use to it, though I've known for the longest time that I need to get to a doctor.

So the only other problems I seem to be having with my health is that I have a very low amount of energy. Though maybe this is just because of my poor diet and lack of exercise. I'm not overweight, but just real out of shape.

I drink a ton of caffeine and in fact, I'm afraid that this maybe has damaged my health. I've gotten better about it in the last few months. For about a year I would drink one of those huge rockstar energy drinks every day (so really it was like drinking 3 rockstars a day) I don't drink them anymore. Just coffee without sugar.

thanks for any advice/comments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User
Re: cloudy/sweet smelling urine

You need to go back to the doctors. You may still have an infection and probably do need antibiotics. This shouldn't be ignored as you could ultimately get more serious problems with bladder or kidneys.

cloudy urine, I've been told, can be signs of an infection. I'm not sure about sweet smelling urine but my first thought would be diabetes. I'm not in any way an expert in any of this so don't want to freak you out. I'm just getting started learning about UTIs and Interstitial Cystitis.

Last edited by Larimergirl; 01-03-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Closed Thread