It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Angry I have another uti?

I can't believe this, I have another urinary tract infection. I woke up this morning with this horrendous uncomfortableness, in my bladder, I went to the bathroom because I had to pee so bad.

Well it is almost 4 hours later and it still hurts.

I have been taking Cystex for a couple of weeks now because I could feel a little uncomfortable in my bladder but today it hurts so bad.

I do have to say that Cystex does work awesome when taken right. But yesterday I was so busy and out all day I never got to take it and now I am paying for it.

It would be a godsent if I could just wake up one day and know that I will never get another one of these things.

Looks like I am going to have to call my urologist again.

I don't know why he will not just give me a prescription so when I do get the infection that I will have the pills on hand, a whole bottle of the things. He just wants me to keep coming back so he can charge my insurance.

Thanks for listening....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
(female)

MewMew1990 HB User
Re: I have another uti?

i know exactly how you feel, i had them on and off for about 8 years, the doctors refused to do anything because they thought i would grow out of it and i never had any extra medication to hand when i needed it.
eventually it got so bad that my kidney had to be removed as it had fallen to less than 20% functionality
i mean all those years of pain were solved within a week!
I hope you feel better soon anyways

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User

So they took your kidney out and then everything was fine?

I have horrible kidney stones, that are treated but they still come back.

I do have kidney pain also all the time.

I definitely have to make a doc appt. to get on some meds, the OTC ones are not working anymore.

Thanks for your post.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
(female)

MewMew1990 HB User

yeah everything is still fine, its been about a year now and nothing wrong so far, i just wished they had done it sooner!

i was on cephelexin [sp?] for a long time and that did the treat even on a low dosage [5ml] a night

is it in both of your kidneys that you have the pain?

Old 01-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User

Hi all,

Well I finally went to the Urologist, I didn't get my usual doc that I like, this other man was just not caring at all, but whatever.

Anyway, he gave me a prescrip for Cipro 500mg for 7 days, I have been taking this for 3 days now, and guess what, still here.

Now get this, you will not believe this. Today this young lady called saying she was from the Urologists office and said that my urine culture was contaminated, I asked her how did it get contaminated? Well being that it was my time of the month, some vaginal cells got in there, but I don't believe that because once before I had gone in and everything was fine with the urine sample. So they told me to come in and do another urine sample, I told her no, I told her the medicine was not working, I was a little upset at this point, so anyway she called me back and said that they were going to call Keflex into my pharmacy, so I go to my pharmacy today to get my pills, well, my Kmart closes at lunch, that is the only time I could pick these pills up until Monday, so I am stuck taking these Cipro's which are not working. I couldn't get back up there later because we are under a huge snow advisory and I would rather stay in my house than try to venture out in that slippery snot road that we have here.

Anyway, has anyone ever taken both of these medicines and have preffered the one over the other? I am so hoping that the Keflex will work, I keep getting these infections and I am very sick of them. I know that complaining and whining is not going to help, but I thought I could ask any opinions.

Thanks.

Closed Thread