It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
(male)

wile123 HB User
varicocele pain location??

hi,

for last several months i'm having occasional pain in lower left abdomen and in the 'loin' region (left, above the penis, till the abdomen). the pain comes and goes away, occasionally it is really bad so that it's difficult to sit and work.

i went to a urologist and he diagnosed me with a left sided varicocele and also recommended surgery to correct it.

my question is: in going thru the available info, i came across many instances of varicocele pain centered around scrotum or testicle area. In my case this is not the case at all! So I'm confused about whether i am misdiagnosed and the pain is because of some other reason.

any experiences of varicocele pain in the "other" areas than testicle/groin??

thanks,

- wile

Old 01-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
(male)

greens HB Usergreens HB User
Re: varicocele pain location??

I am going through the same thing you are and am getting the pain you are, but I am also getting a pulling sensation in the loin region that goes to the testicle. My left testicle and the veins that are swollen up around it are about the size of an extra large egg when I hold the whole thing in my hand. My doctor has diagnosed me with varicocele as well but is sending me to get an ultrasound before we go any further. I do not know if this has anything to do with it but I had my left kidney removed in July and I wonder if that has any effect.
Let me know if find anything else out and I will keep you informed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
(male)

wile123 HB User

hey greens, thanks for the reply, I don't think that your issue has to do anything with kidney removal..

some more details about my condition:

I also get a pulling sensation occasionally. The sensation is more like 'burning' or 'pinching' in the loin region. However I am not observing any observable swelling in testicle or any other region.

I am totally confused as to why the pain should occur only in the loin region, if the varicocele occurs in the testicle region.
Also I got sonography and color doppler which has confirmed varicocele of about 4mm (the report says: 'there are multiple draining vessels with the largest of 4mm in lt. testicle)

one more interesting observation is that the pain becomes worse with stress..

maybe both of us have some sort of vein enlargement in the loin area which is pushing the nerve, hence the pain. I hope more people with varicocele history will respond whether they went thru something similar...

- wile

Quote:
Originally Posted by greens View Post
I am going through the same thing you are and am getting the pain you are, but I am also getting a pulling sensation in the loin region that goes to the testicle. My left testicle and the veins that are swollen up around it are about the size of an extra large egg when I hold

Old 01-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
(male)

greens HB Usergreens HB User

Yes I hope more people share thier expeirence. You are lucky you have no swelling, its a pain. I have to watch wheh I am sitting down so its out of the way. My pain is worse at the end of the day.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
(male)

strokemygenius HB User

Hey Wile, did you end up getting surgery for your varicocele? Did it help with your pain. I've also been diagnosed with varicocele and occasionally have pain in my lower abdomen.

Closed Thread