It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
(female)

Tenacious HB User
Smile Urinay Tract Infection-(from sex) - How long should you wait to have sex again?

I just got my 2nd urinary Tract infection, Last one was 5 months ago. I am 42 yrs, so this is all new to me. I have heard once you start getting them, they continue to come on a regular basis--- I hope this is not always true ?? Doc gave me 6 cipro pills (for 3 days), this does not seem like much, maybe because he felt the infection was small? I know they SPIN your urine, then look at it under the micrscope somehow, plus send it away for cultures, anyone else have a persciption this small --for just 3 days and cleared completely up? Do you also continue to get urinary Tract infections once they start? How to manage --Advice on how much to drink, what to drink, what supplements to take to not allow this to keep happening. Thank you all.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
(female)

lucall HB User
Re: Urinay Tract Infection-(from sex) - How long should you wait to have sex again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
I just got my 2nd urinary Tract infection, Last one was 5 months ago. I am 42 yrs, so this is all new to me. I have heard once you start getting them, they continue to come on a regular basis--- I hope this is not always true ?? Doc gave me 6 cipro pills (for 3 days), this does not seem like much, maybe because he felt the infection was small? I know they SPIN your urine, then look at it under the micrscope somehow, plus send it away for cultures, anyone else have a persciption this small --for just 3 days and cleared completely up? Do you also continue to get urinary Tract infections once they start? How to manage --Advice on how much to drink, what to drink, what supplements to take to not allow this to keep happening. Thank you all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
(female)

lucall HB User
Re: Urinay Tract Infection-(from sex) - How long should you wait to have sex again?

I have had mine since October but, got over it Dec. I had to take bactrim then Septra, first time did not clear it up. Drink lots and lots of water and proper hygiene. Don't know what else to say. I do go back in next month again to get it checked again but, I don't know really what for.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:19 AM   #4
(female)

Tenacious HB User

I just bought some time release cranberry supplements, I am hoping between those and lots of water, these things will stay at bay. ANyone else try cranberry supplements--and have had good results after recurring UTI's ? Thanks to all

Old 01-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
(female)

tetianainto HB User

Hi - yes, cranberry works. But, for me, the best wasn't the capsules, but the real cranberry juice (not from concentrate). It is sour, but I dilute with OJ (half and half) and drink a big glass a day. It really works.

It's also expensive $12.00 per llitre, but worth it, I think. Try it.

c

Last edited by tetianainto; 01-27-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
(female)

Tenacious HB User

I am not sure what you mean by "real cranberry juice, not from concentrate", if I wanted to look this up, what would I call this item? I imagine it must be stored in the refrigerator then? Is this kind of thing only available online or maybe GNC has it ? Where would I find it. Thanks.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
(female)

tetianainto HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
I am not sure what you mean by "real cranberry juice, not from concentrate", if I wanted to look this up, what would I call this item? I imagine it must be stored in the refrigerator then? Is this kind of thing only available online or maybe GNC has it ? Where would I find it. Thanks.
I think if you go to a health food store, they would know. It's pure berries made into a juice, and not from concentrate. You could search on the web and just type in: pure cranberry juice - and then you will see "not from concentrate". You will also know by the price - it should cost around $12.And yes, keep it in the fridge.

I buy it at health food stores or better grocery stores....I don't think it's hard to find in the US. I can easily find it up here in Canada. Try it.

c

Closed Thread