It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
(male)

ntsaint HB User
Red spot on my penis glans

Hello eveyone let me tell you about my problem I hope that someone can help. 3 weeks ago Monday after have oral and vaginal sex with my girlfriend I got up to clean myself and noticed a small red spot on my penis just insde where my forskin covers. If i remember correctly it was sort of a bright redish and pretty small i'd say less than a quarter of the size of a pencil eraser. It has since then become about half the size of a pencil eraser or a little larger and more oval than round, is slightly raised ( not much at all maybe it's just my eyes) and gone to more of a purple color and somewhat "shiney" but you can still tell there is red there if that makes sense to anyone and it doesn't seem to be getting better or larger. I don't have any discharge blood or other odd things comming out of my penis and the spot doesn't have any dicernable head or anything to suggest there would be somethig like that. I thought it could be a fungal infectione or something so I (liek an idiot) put lamasil on it and got a rash or irritation everywhere my forskin touched (iv'e been circumsized so it was not covering my penis head completely) That was over a week ago and most of that red has gone. I also thought it might have got infected from something so I put neosporine on it for a few days with no change. Last night after my shower I dried myself and when drying my penis in just grabbed with the towel as to not cause undue friction and i noticed some skin covering the spot was peeling off so I peeled it off; it looks no different now. I have a few concerns I don't think that it hurts or itches but the thing is that I have never had a whole lot of feeling on the top of my penis so that I dont know if it doesn't hurt or itch. I've read a million things on the internet form herpes to cancer but I can't really find anything specific about my problem and I'm freaked out. Please give me your thoughts if I go to the dr should i go to a urologist, gp, derm? I dunno what to do I've worried about it for a 3 solid weeks and I'm tired of worrying. Is there something over the counter I should try before I go?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: Red spot on my penis glans

Hi,

First, Take a breath.. relax.. I know this worrisome. Herpes can present itself in different degrees and ways of symptoms depending on the person. It sounds like it could be a number of different things, Herpes Might be a possibilty, I can't tell you 100% that is not, some people can have a very mild OB with one lesion and little symptoms or peeling (shredding) and no symptoms at all. But then again it could just be that the small area was an ingrown hair and was irratated by the fiction during intercourse and when you used the lamisil it cause more irratation and a secondary infection. I think just to be safe to consult a regular GP and get their opinion, and Hey you can even be test for the herpes virus to be safe, their are a lot of people who carry this virus and have NO symptoms and pass it without ever knowing it, better safe then sorry later. Ask for the specific IgG test it is the most reliable.. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
(male)

geniby HB User

hi, when i was a child my penis been attack by some thing i don't know, but my mother,she was try to use traditional medicine to avoid this thing from my penis, i think the result was good in that past time, because i was live without any pain around my penis untill a short time ago,but know when my penis erect for sex i fell some pain and my glans become so sense fully and i am gone be release my sperm so fast with out waiting my girl friend feeling, the red spots was some time come and go, on the last few year without any pain. as clue, i was use fusiderm, i get some help but it still not gone at all,so what can i do. please give me your best advice. thanks;

Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User

it could be a prostrate problem, having ejaculation issues are not really a symptom of Herp. I think maybe you should go see a doctor, as far as herpes I would have to say that my guess is NO, but I am not a physcian.. keep us posted....

Old 06-09-2011, 02:58 AM   #5
(male)

bozo73 HB User

Sounds a bit similar to what I am experiencing now man. Did it get slightly irritating, not sore but a slight stinging? Mine was just a shiny little mark under my foreskin beneath the glans. I tried applying neat tea tree oil (silly I now realise due to what someone told me) and clomitrozole cream (thought it may be thrush but probably not). It seems to be fading now (almost three months later) and am trying to stay positive.

I too have been secretly freaking out so you're not alone.

Closed Thread