It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

ouchmyjawhurts HB User
Thumbs down Please help me... UTI symptoms persisting with treatment, need advice?

I started a thread a few days ago which has been ignored, I could really do with some advice from people who have been through this? Or general tips.

Last Thursday I had mild symptoms of a UTI, so took a sample to the docs and they told me I had a UTI, but there was not an overwhelming amount of bacteria, and put me on a 7 day course of trimethoprim. Over the weekend I felt like I was getting better but since Monday the initial mild symptoms came back (let me stress I am not in agony, I have had a UTI before and was doubled up in paid, blood in urine etc). So I went back to the doctors today, tested a sample and said it was negative for bacteria but I have been put on cefalexin for 7 days to see how things go, have taken two tablets and still am getting no improvement.

My symptoms are the following:

-feeling the urge to urinate but not being able to pass a lot at one time, however not urinating frequently.

-Not quite burning but certainly a warmth when I pass urine.

-constant lower abdominal pain, a bit like menstrual cramp

-general ache down there, feeling uncomfortable when I sit down on a hard chair for example

-My urine appears to have little things floating in it, not sure what it is.

-Loose stools but I'm putting this down to the antibiotics

I am really concerned that it's not clearing up with antibiotics but could it just be inflamed? I don't want an ongoing problem

Please, any advice or tips

Last edited by ouchmyjawhurts; 04-30-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
(female)

ouchmyjawhurts HB User
Re: Please help me... UTI symptoms persisting with treatment, need advice?

Still no advice But an update on the situation...

My passing of urine has improved in the last day but the abdominal cramps have got really bad. Are these cramps just an after effect of the trouble of passing urine? They haven't stopped for 2 days straight.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:02 AM   #3
(female)

horrorshow HB User

I feel your pain. I'm in the same situation with little to no improvement. today will be my third dr appointment in 10 days or something. blood in urine, negative uti culture, side pain that comes and goes but the kidneys seem to be fine....went on sulfa drugs first, symptoms got worse like exactly what you are describing (it's hard to sleep when you feel you have to pee constantly!) and now am on levaquin...no results. b/c I've tested negative both times for a uti, I'm not sure what my dr thinks this is, but it can't be uti b/c antibiotics aren't clearing it up. it's very frustrating. I'm afraid I'll feel this insane urgency to pee for the rest of my life. oh god.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
(male)

ron2 HB User

Not being female don't know all the problems but I do have alot of uti's will keep me up alot at night till the cipro gets a whole of it some of your sysptoms are like mine.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
(female)

ouchmyjawhurts HB User

horrorshow, are you on birth control?

I've come to realise that my frequent urination (which is still happening) is a side effect of birth control, that isn't listed on any of the side effects lists for some reason. I found a thread on this section that seems to explain it perfectly for me... the one entitled "birth control causing me frequent urination." I think it is to do with low estrogen, and it's at its lowest after your period, which explains why I'm urinating even more at the beginning of my pack of pills!

It puts my mind at rest that it's nothing serious, at least I don't think it is. I have no pain and the urine comes out fine, it's just so inconvenient! I'm thinking of changing my birth control to see if this helps with the problem. The other symptoms I listed I think are also side effects of birth control, and the menstrual cramps seem to have gone for now but I still have an upset tum!

Last edited by ouchmyjawhurts; 05-13-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Closed Thread