It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
(male)

kieran83 HB User
`Have no idea what it is`.

Well i have posted on here before and i did get some good points back so thank you,
Well i am sorry in advance if this post will be long,just i am gonna post all my problems in one with some hope that maybe i could finally try and find out what`s up with me,
Well it started in October 2007 and is still continuing as i type this,my main problem is the urge to pass urine,sometimes i can get the urge and go a full flow at other times i get the urge to go like i am really needing to use the toilet yet i only pass small amounts,but never as it failed for the `urge feeling`is always there,i have had so many tests done i have lost count and all as come back clear but i still have this problem and both Me and my Doctor as more a less hit a blank wall,
Also i do have a few other symptoms along with this and it will seem like how is that possible yet nothing as been diagnosed,i even ask myself the same question all the time,
i thought it be easier to list my symptoms all in one and see could there be any connection with it,here we go,
feeling tired most of the time with a lot or short sleep,
a ditch that as appeared above my Aadam`s Apple but below my chin in the centre i have had it checked by 2 Doctors who said its normal,how if it as only recently appeared??
frequent/urge to pass urine constantly,
can see my own heart beat in my chest,but was put down to palpations,
my right side next to my hip seems a bit swollen but again i see the difference but had ultra sound done and come back ok,
feeling achy mainly my neck and back though,
pind and needles in my hands,
hands always cold,
sometimes a dull pain on the right of my stomach,
and when i cross my legs for say less then 2 minutes they start to feel like they have gone to sleep.
i would do so much to get this sorted once and for all as its been going on for 2 years and no progress what so ever,and i do honestly know there is worser people then me out there but its really wrecking my life and other health,as i dont go out in fear i might wet myself or something therefore i am not going to my dentist appointments etc,and its making me depressed within myself,my doctor as suggested 1 last option but there is a problem,the option is a blood test but i cant have them as i get fainty and they stop for safety reasons,i love to give it a shot and have a blood test but i know i will just fail when it comes to that,
also i feel a bit embarrased saying this but i have noticed when i ejaculate now it seems the volume is less then what it use to be and that as only been since i have had these problems mentioned,so i was wondering is the problem could be my prostate,testosterone`s levels,thyroid levels etc??
i be really truly grateful if anyone could share their idea`s in what i could be going through/suffering from as i have no idea and there dont seem to be any light at the end of this dark tunnel and the only thing i want is to have my life back and work again for that i be more then happy,
and more info needed or questions to be asked please do,thank you all so much for spending your time and care in helping me and others with our problems,
i now know never to take my health for granted,
`thank you`.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: `Have no idea what it is`.

It's possible that one problem could lead to many others. For example, frequent urination might cause you to drink less. If you drink less, you might become dehydrated and that might cause other problems like nervousness, heart palpatations and feeling faint etc.. Also, frequent urination is likely to interupt your sleep and cause you to feel tired.

I suspect that your main problem is frequent urination and that in turn is causing many of the other problems. And you said that your doctors are at a loss to explain the reason or reasons. I assume they are medical doctors and not dietitions or nutritionists. So they might be overlooking something in your diet that's causing the frequent urination.

Here are some food items that could cause frequent urination: 1) grapefruit or grapefruit juice and certain other citrus items. 2) Tea and coffee with or without caffeine. 3) Soda 4) Vinegar 5) watermelon and cantaloupe 6) cranberries and cranbery juice 7) certain spices

Old 08-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
It's possible that one problem could lead to many others. For example, frequent urination might cause you to drink less. If you drink less, you might become dehydrated and that might cause other problems like nervousness, heart palpatations and feeling faint etc.. Also, frequent urination is likely to interupt your sleep and cause you to feel tired.

I suspect that your main problem is frequent urination and that in turn is causing many of the other problems. And you said that your doctors are at a loss to explain the reason or reasons. I assume they are medical doctors and not dietitions or nutritionists. So they might be overlooking something in your diet that's causing the frequent urination.

Here are some food items that could cause frequent urination: 1) grapefruit or grapefruit juice and certain other citrus items. 2) Tea and coffee with or without caffeine. 3) Soda 4) Vinegar 5) watermelon and cantaloupe 6) cranberries and cranbery juice 7) certain spices

Well thank you for replying to my post,and i be honest what you said about 1 problem leading to another i did just think i was an unlucky person in health over the last couple of years of my life,and yeah i have been drinking less in the reason itself thinking that the less i drink the less output i have and hopefully not needd the loo so often,i have had like ecg`s,echocardiogram,chest x-ray,bladder and kidney ultrasounds,cystopcopy(camera x2)and urodyamics test,abour four urine tests all came back clear,the only thing i aint had is a blood test cause i get real fainty and they stop for safety reasons,
you would be correct in saying are they medical doctors i have never seen a dietition or nutritionists,
and the only thing on your list i intake is tea and very rarley coffee,dont touch the rest,so it as left me to think is it a problem somewhere else in my body that making me go often to the toilet or what??i have had this for the last 2 years with no sign of improvement,plus the funny thing is it dont affect me once i am a sleep its just when i am awake.
well again thank you so much for your reply and i hope all is well with you.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User

Have you tried laying down while you get your blood test done? This is what I do as I feel faint if I sit up during a blood test.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
(male)

oli26 HB User

Unfortunately the best thing for you to do is get your blood tested. those can be so many differnt things, and some of them are probably nothing. Legs falling alseep just happens, your are 26? Circulation just fades over time, as my legs tend to fall asleep in certain positions as well. Pins and needles and bladder functioning problems can be signs of M.S but could be signs of many other things as well. Since your problems are so wide and varied its hard to find one answer that wraps it all neatly into one cause.
What I would do is decide which one affects the quality of your life the most right now and work on that first such as the bladder issues. STD Check? Prostate exam? Urine Flow Test? have you done any of these? Urine Sample? I'm sure many of these you have already done. if not that might be a place to start.

The following user gives a hug of support to oli26:
fitnesswatcher (01-21-2012)
Old 10-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli26 View Post
Unfortunately the best thing for you to do is get your blood tested. those can be so many differnt things, and some of them are probably nothing. Legs falling alseep just happens, your are 26? Circulation just fades over time, as my legs tend to fall asleep in certain positions as well. Pins and needles and bladder functioning problems can be signs of M.S but could be signs of many other things as well. Since your problems are so wide and varied its hard to find one answer that wraps it all neatly into one cause.
What I would do is decide which one affects the quality of your life the most right now and work on that first such as the bladder issues. STD Check? Prostate exam? Urine Flow Test? have you done any of these? Urine Sample? I'm sure many of these you have already done. if not that might be a place to start.
Well i do honestly want to have the blood test but no matter where,how or when i go to get it done i get fainty,i have even started to see a pyscholgist to get help in getting over my fear of fainting when having a blood test,yeah i be 26 just after xmas and i do want to get my life back on track as i have been like this for the last 2 years and a bit,well its mainly my right hand that`s always cold but it can also be both hands,i have told my doctor about this and i only get oh that`s normal,well how would be the best way to be asked for to be checked for MS??as i heard its a condition that aint diagnosable and i probably just get off my doctor i am too young for that,
If i had to answer what affects my life the most right now its the urge to keep going the toilet,the rest i could battle on with i guess,
I have been tested for the basic std tests and it came back clear ,i have had what i have stated and all came back clear,so i am thinking it could be my prostate or maybe diabetes or thyroid possible as them have not been checked for along with MS,i really dont know what it could be other then i need the blood test and its the fear of that holding me back,thank you so much for your reply and help though.

Closed Thread