It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

jdsun HB User
Rectocele and Cystocele Repair, Bladder Sling, Hysterecomy...scared!

Next monday I will be having surgery to repair rectocele, cystocele, place a bladder sling, and remove my uterus (vaginally, lap assisted). I AM SCARED!!!

I am 36 years old with a 3 and 4 year old at home. My husband does work from home, so he will be here to help me. That is the ONLY help I will have. Both our moms are unable to help and we have no family in the area. Of course I have a few friends who have offered to cook some meals or watch the kids for an afternoon here and there, but mostly my husband will be responsible for everything.

I am planning on staying in bed for the first week and then hopefully sitting in my recliner in my family room by the second week to watch the kids. My husband will do all the meals/bathroom help/baths....stuff like that with the kids. But is it realistic to think I will be able to hang out in my recliner on week 2 and watch the kids?

My mom is coming for a visit on week 4 of my recovery. Again, she is not much help. I will actually be needed to be up and running for her visit. Do you think this will be possible? Will we be able to go to lunch, shopping....stuff like that.

Thanks so much for any advice you may have.
Jdsun

Old 09-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
(female)

jdsun HB User
Re: Rectocele and Cystocele Repair, Bladder Sling, Hysterecomy...scared!

If anyone has an advice, please share

My husband has a surgery of his own to schedule (nose surgery to fix a deviated septum) and they want to schedule it 2.5 weeks after mine. Will I be healed enough to take care of him and the kids????

Thanks!
Jdsun

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
(female)

jdsun HB User

my surgery is in FOUR days.

Anyone? Please?

Jdsun

Old 09-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

My surgery in June was only one third of what you are having, so I don't think I can tell you what to expect. But my rectocele repair went very well, my recovery time was short, and I have a lot of faith in my doctor.

If you have received papers from the hospital explaining exactly what will be done and what to expect, read over them again. That may help to reassure you. In my case. in spite of the fear of surgery, I was really looking forward to having the symptoms of my problem finally gone, and those expectations have been met.

I will say a prayer for you and hope you relax and everything goes well for you. Come back and tell us how it was once you are home again! You can also get more information on the hysterectomy site.

Love,

Martha

Old 09-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
(female)

DoodleCT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsun View Post
Next monday I will be having surgery to repair rectocele, cystocele, place a bladder sling, and remove my uterus (vaginally, lap assisted). I AM SCARED!!!

I am 36 years old with a 3 and 4 year old at home. My husband does work from home, so he will be here to help me. That is the ONLY help I will have. Both our moms are unable to help and we have no family in the area. Of course I have a few friends who have offered to cook some meals or watch the kids for an afternoon here and there, but mostly my husband will be responsible for everything.

I am planning on staying in bed for the first week and then hopefully sitting in my recliner in my family room by the second week to watch the kids. My husband will do all the meals/bathroom help/baths....stuff like that with the kids. But is it realistic to think I will be able to hang out in my recliner on week 2 and watch the kids?

My mom is coming for a visit on week 4 of my recovery. Again, she is not much help. I will actually be needed to be up and running for her visit. Do you think this will be possible? Will we be able to go to lunch, shopping....stuff like that.

Thanks so much for any advice you may have.
Jdsun

Old 09-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
(female)

DoodleCT HB User

I want to wish you good luck on Monday. I feel that our success is linked. For one thing, yes, it is realistic for you to take the time to get better. For a whole week, sit there, lie there, whatever, and get better. Your family will get used to it (including your mother). Don't get mad, just do it. Plan out with your husband what food the fam will eat each day. Otherwise it is just a time that you all get through. Probably the second week you will be a little stronger, so you will pick and choose the most important things to do with precious energy and time. Let us all hear how you are doing on Tuesday and have faith. It is important to be positive.
Doodle

Closed Thread