It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
(female)

wannabemom27 HB User
Unhappy Green urine and severe back pain

This is my very first post.
It seems like i get UTI's a lot. I started having bad pains in my back in the flank region on both sides. When I get the pain, it radiates through the front too, like my stomach. It hurts SO bad when it comes a long, like a gnawing sensation, and hurts just as much in the front as the back. The pain will be there for 5 minutes or less and then gradually get better, then I am fine for the rest of the day. It seems like this is happening about once a day now. When I first started feeling the pain, I went to the doc and she sent me back to the GI doctor since I have had a lot of issues with GERD, but this feeling NOTHING like that type of pain at all. He did an endoscopy, and said it looks pretty good in there, a little gastritis, but nothing severe. He said it could be muscular, but I am positive the pain is internal because it hurts my stomach too. I had a cat scan, a hida scan, all kinds of stuff, all normal. No sign of infection or UTI or anything either, although there was blood in my urine. (I cannot see it, but they checked it there). Now I notice that my urine is green when I pee all the time, I have not been on vitamins for awhile, so I don't know whay that it happening. I have had this pain for several months now, but now it seems to come on a lot more often. I also had my ovaries checked, totally normal. I did go off the pill though in May, and JUST got my period a few days ago after taking Provera. Not sure if the pain was related to something like that. I have had no fever or vomiting at any time, a little nauseated from time to time, and a little loss of appetite. I did start eating better and I don't eat sugar now, so I have lost almost 15 pounds. Sorry this is so long, I just feel like I have had everything checkied out, yet there is no reason for this pain. It's just getting scary. I am terrified that it is kidney-related or something, but then why didn't it show up on the testing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

montesflus HB Usermontesflus HB User
Re: Green urine and severe back pain

What tests did they do regarding your kidneys? Did they check for stones?

Maybe you should ask your doctor to do special lab-work related to kidney function, just to be on the safe side. Can't do any harm

Monte

Old 10-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
(female)

wannabemom27 HB User
Re: Green urine and severe back pain

Hi there.... thanks for your reply! These are my tests that I had done and the findings:

I had an abdominal ultrasound, a CT scan with contrast, and a HIDA scan, which tested my liver, pancreas, and bile ducts. Everything was normal.

The CT of my abdomen and pelvis said that there are a few small lymph nodes in the right lower quadrant mesentery, not sure what that means, but it said it looked the same when they did an ultrasound on me back in 2001. Ovaries are normal. Liver, kidneys, adrenal glands, and pancreas are normal, so is spleen. Lungs are clear.

HIDA scan finidings: Activity seen within gallbladder and bowel activity. After Kinevac administration, ejection fraction is 43%, borderline low normal. **Normal is considered to be 40% or greater.

Ultrasound shows no stones or sludge. However, there is a local area of hypoechogenicity located posterior to the body tail junction of the pancreas. It is about 2cm in size but has no color flow on the doppler. Limited imaging through right kidney shows no evidence of hydronephrosis. The spot that was found says it is unlcear whether it is a lymph node, pancreatic leasion, or nonperistalsing loop of bowel. It says further evaluation with a contrast-enhanced abdomen and pelvis CT is recommended.

I wonder why the doctor called to tell me that everything was normal if the botom of this paper says that further testing for that spot is recommended? SHe must not think that it is a big deal. I don't know what to do. I am just so tried of getting things checked out when they can't find anything. Maybe the pain is from my mild gastritis?

Closed Thread