It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
(female)

donnadb040 HB Userdonnadb040 HB User
Pain Meds Causing Bladder Spasms

Finally got a doctor to prescribe something for pain.... Darvocet. I have come to the conclusion that narcotic pain meds (the 2 I've tried) CAUSE me to have to most excrutiating bladder pain/spams. A while back when on vicodin, I was having really horrible bladder spasms... Went to urologist and was diagnosed with IC. At the time, he did a hydrodistension and a few weeks later, the symptoms subsided (along with the cessation of the vidodin). Currently, while taking the darvocet, I am having the same bladder symptoms! The bladder pain is DEFINITELY worse when I'm taking the darvocet! In fact, I didn't have it at all until I started the meds! On days when I don't take anything for pain, my bladder is fine (of course, the rest of me hurts) but when I take the pain meds, its excrutiating! Anyone else have problems with meds irritating the bladder???? Ugh! Finally get a doc WILLING to prescribe pain meds and I cant even take them after begging docs for years to give them to me! What else can I try for the fibro pain??? I'm on Lyrica for the 3rd time... It never seems to do anything for me but every doc i see really believes in it and pushes me to try it again... ONLY ME could have pain FROM the pain meds!!!!! Just makes me wanna throw in the towel!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Pain Meds Causing Bladder Spasms

Good thing you discovered the pain meds were causing your Bladder spasms.
This kinda relates to the ole saying..Only we know our bodies and how they react ,better than any one.

I'd definately let your doc know these symptoms from the pain meds, perhaps another pain med may work better for you or a muscle relaxer.

Wish you well
BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
(female)

grammy1 HB User
Re: Pain Meds Causing Bladder Spasms

Hey ladies, please dont throw in the towel. i understand what you are saying though. leaves you wondering what is next. i dont have bladder spasms but i can tell you something about lyrica. whenever my dr. gives my presc. of lyrica it is the low dose of 150mg one time a day. tramedol for breakthrough pain. it gradually goes up to 150mg 3x a day. when i seem to builld a tolerance up for this, he starts me over. now i am trying the new drug savella. i was worried about doing this. i am glad to say the savella did wonders for me. i still take 1 lyrica about 5pm everyday because for some reason unknown, my pain elevates off the charts. i also still take the tramedol for break through pain. i have practically begged my dr. for something to reduce muscle pain and he wont do it. as for me, i am learning to grab my dr. by the bullhorns and ask him whats his deal. he fixing to be fired by me anyway. we have to search for what is right to get us comfortable. also i strongly recomend you go through these post starting with the last page(200 and something)when you have time. i admire the ones who have been here for years. great info here.

Closed Thread