It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #16
(male)

kieran83 HB User
Re: Frequent urination of large amounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle88 View Post
Hi Kieran,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried to call the docs today to get my urine results but the surgery was closed due to training. So I will need to try calling them again tomorrow.

What I have found interesting now though is that I may actually be passing SMALL amounts of urine when I go. I have been measuring urine volumes today and writing down the times I go, and how much I drink. I looked on the internet and found out that each time you go the volume should be around 250 - 400ml.

Sorry if too much info!! Lol. But I have been to the toilet 11 times and will prob go again once or twice before bed. The average amount I am passing though is only about 200ml (lowest was 100ml and highest was 300ml). So, I may actually have an overactive bladder. I thought I was going large volumes but I suppose I wouldn't know any better as I have been like this for as long as I can remember.

I know a diabetic and she has gave me a home test kit for blood sugar levels. The doc has tested me before and said my blood was fine but I want to try it for myself, as I get faint and shaky when I don't eat for a few hours. I was wondering, is the pin pric.k sore? lol. Might sound weird but I would rather get a full blood test than pric.k my finger, it just sounds more sore plus I have never tried it before, only ever had full blood tests.

Thanks

P.S. I have wrote pric.k not as the proper word as they starred out the word before I put the dot in lol.
Hey Sparkles,(funny bonfire as just gone,lol,only joking,)
Yeah it makes you laugh training so why and what did they do at uni??,lol,but suppose you always learn new things in any asspect of work,
I think thats a good thing to do as long its say for like at least 7-10 days plus regular intake at the same times,i got a sheet/graph to fill in when i had a Urodyamics test done and i asked for another one so i let you know how i faired when i get time,i know that my local GP said that our bladder suppose to hold 250ml before we get the urge to go,my lowest i think was like 75ml and my highest was 610ml both the same feelings of urgency in ways,
Was that with water or tea etc??mine was mixed but mainly water as i was told on the sheet to drink so much and see how much i pass,
Well my blood sugar test was on fasting and as i said i got 4.7 measured for my blood sugar,but i do think you should get it checked again on both fasting and non fasting,i swear that its nothing the blood sugar test its like the needle is so thin that its over within 2 mins,they *****ed my middle finger and it never hurt if you can have a blood test you will have one of them no problem and that aint no lie,
I really really want a blood test but i just know i will chicken out when it comes to the moment,i just get fainty for no reason,i even tried to watch video`s on youtube of people getting blood test to face my fear and i sit here and i just feel like hot and cold and like i have been mini winded,lol,
I sometimes give up thinking what it could be as i have so many symptoms i dont know if its connected,new or just over thought,
Well keep me updated how you get on and i wish you all the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #17
(male)

Octave HB User

Hi there. I've been getting the same thing as you.

The more I drink the more frequent and larger it is. I also have IBS. It somewhat seems that some people get frequent urination with IBS sometimes. I really don't know, but I'd just like to tell you you're not alone.

If you still post here, can you give updates to help me too?

Last edited by Octave; 11-28-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:26 AM   #18
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User

Hello Octave,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. To believe it or not, the results for that urine test I had have still not came back! That has been around 6 weeks since I handed in the sample. The receptionist at the docs told me that there is a blood test result in my file, but I didn't have a blood test that time, I bet they have got the tests mixed with someone elses or something. I am going to give them another call today, so I will let you know what the outcome is.

Octave, what have you done about this problem? Have you been for loads of tests?

Keiran, have you managed to get your blood test done yet?

Old 02-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #19
(female)

mykinzie10 HB User
Red face Re: Frequent urination of large amounts

Hello ladies. Wow. I just read this post cuz I wasn't yet a member here when u posted this. I most certainly do relate! I haven't yet been to a dr but I'm concerned about my problem which is at the least, over-active bladder. I have had accidents before. Small ones, that only I knew about (uuntil now. Lol) I know somethings not right. As far as the pannicky feelings, that's just us getting rselves all worked up and because of this, I have actually had a small accident. I will set up n appt with my dr soon but I'm always procrastinating on that. I'm just really nervous on what to say which I know is stupid. Its humiliating. I do drink a lot of liquids tho. Every single night, I wake up having to pee badly every hour to 2 hours, seriously! This has gone on pretty much my entire life. It worsens as I get older. Have either one of you ever figured out what the proble is, and/or what to do for help?? Please please let me know where u both stand on this now. Ill certainly appreciate it a lot. Already I feel much better and not so alone! Thank u. Marla.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #20
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Hello Octave,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. To believe it or not, the results for that urine test I had have still not came back! That has been around 6 weeks since I handed in the sample. The receptionist at the docs told me that there is a blood test result in my file, but I didn't have a blood test that time, I bet they have got the tests mixed with someone elses or something. I am going to give them another call today, so I will let you know what the outcome is.

Octave, what have you done about this problem? Have you been for loads of tests?

Keiran, have you managed to get your blood test done yet?
Hey Sparkle`s nope aint had it done yet i just dont know what could be causing it 3 years too long for me now i know that,how is your problem any better?? i really hope so and also how are you??

Old 04-26-2010, 05:19 AM   #21
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran83 View Post
Hey Sparkle`s nope aint had it done yet i just dont know what could be causing it 3 years too long for me now i know that,how is your problem any better?? i really hope so and also how are you??
Hey kieran83,

I am doing ok thanks, I'm a little better now but not completely. I have had countless blood tests but everything came back normal. I decided it must be overactive bladder sydrome, so I took certain steps to try and cure it if it is that. I am still trying this and yes it has improved it a bit. I don't go near as much anymore which is great, but I still seem to go a few times in the space of a couple of hours if I drink a large amount of fluid at once. I am still working on improving this though and hopefully it will get better with time. Google 'bladder training', which is what I did, and it will give you steps on how to do this.

I really do think you should go for that blood test though, best to be safe than sorry

Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 AM   #22
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykinzie10 View Post
Hello ladies. Wow. I just read this post cuz I wasn't yet a member here when u posted this. I most certainly do relate! I haven't yet been to a dr but I'm concerned about my problem which is at the least, over-active bladder. I have had accidents before. Small ones, that only I knew about (uuntil now. Lol) I know somethings not right. As far as the pannicky feelings, that's just us getting rselves all worked up and because of this, I have actually had a small accident. I will set up n appt with my dr soon but I'm always procrastinating on that. I'm just really nervous on what to say which I know is stupid. Its humiliating. I do drink a lot of liquids tho. Every single night, I wake up having to pee badly every hour to 2 hours, seriously! This has gone on pretty much my entire life. It worsens as I get older. Have either one of you ever figured out what the proble is, and/or what to do for help?? Please please let me know where u both stand on this now. Ill certainly appreciate it a lot. Already I feel much better and not so alone! Thank u. Marla.
Hey Marla,

Really sorry I haven't replied until now. How have you been feeling since you wrote this post? Have you been for blood tests etc?

I eventually decided I must just have overactive bladder sydrome so I am trying the different techniques and they have helped a bit - it obviously won't work overnight though. I have been doing bladder training techniques for around a month or so now and still working on it. Try Googling 'bladder training'. It basically tells you techniques on how to increase the volume of urine that your bladder can hold. It includes techniques like holding on for a bit longer etc - so it is a good idea to stay at home whilst doing this!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #23
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Hey kieran83,

I am doing ok thanks, I'm a little better now but not completely. I have had countless blood tests but everything came back normal. I decided it must be overactive bladder sydrome, so I took certain steps to try and cure it if it is that. I am still trying this and yes it has improved it a bit. I don't go near as much anymore which is great, but I still seem to go a few times in the space of a couple of hours if I drink a large amount of fluid at once. I am still working on improving this though and hopefully it will get better with time. Google 'bladder training', which is what I did, and it will give you steps on how to do this.

I really do think you should go for that blood test though, best to be safe than sorry
Hey Sparkle`s,I am glad your feeling a bit better now,well i just have the fear of blood test and as i previously stated i get fainty then they stop so i am then back to square one and now the Doctor who was willing to do that for me as left i heard and only one left is the one who dont seem interested only to tell me i got to live with it,i do have other symptoms with it so i aint sure if mine is down to an overactive bladder as i always get the feeling/urge to go but sometimes it`s a lot where sometimes it aint,i aint no Doctor but i think if i had to diagnose myself i say it could well be Prostatis,but would that not be picked up on either a ultra-sound,cystopcopy or urdyamics test??or maybe even IBS but is that possible to have the symptoms after???
I do hope you continue to get better and please keep us up to date

Just an update i have just came back from my Doctors and he gave me some Stress and Anxiety Tablets called Mirtazapine 15mg,and i had a little moan at him saying it seems he aint caring so he said he would/could send me back to the Urologist but i have already been and had tests which came back clear so he dont see no point in it,i kinda agree with him on that bit i guess,(well at least deep down,lol,)
So that brings me and leaves me to only the dreaded Blood Test,but he gave me the requested form and i had a look on it to see what they will test me for if i did pluck up the courage to have it done and according to the request form it looks like they be testing me for U&E Creatinine,Liver Function,Plasma Glucose,Cholesterol &Trig,HDL Cholesterol,Thyroid Function(TSH),Prostate Specific Ag,HbA1c,which are in Green Chemistry,and in Red in as Full Blood Count.I dont know what some are like HbA1c,lol,

Last edited by kieran83; 05-10-2010 at 03:35 AM.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #24
(female)

199 HB User

hye! after reading about your problem...it is exactly what i'have been experiencing right know for 6 years....by the way i'm a female too..19 years old..and i need and answer to my problem.

Closed Thread