It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #1
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User
Frequent urination of large amounts

I am a 21 year old female and for the last 5 years or longer I have had quite frequent urination. The last couple of years have been worse though. On a normal day I will need to urinate around 6-14 times. If I don't drink very much then I will only go around 6 times but it seems that if I drink the amount of fluid that I'm supposed to drink on a daily basis 6-8 glasses, then I need to pee far too much.

If I have a big glass of water then usually I will need to go to the toilet around 20mins after, then again after another 15mins, then again after another 15mins and maybe even once more. I can feel my bladder start to fill up sometimes after 5mins of going. It feels as though my body is just getting rid of the fluid I have just drank. This doesn't happen as much if I drink very small amounts which of course I do not want to do as I don't want to be dehydrated. Sometimes I don't need to go for two to three hour gaps but that is when I have not drank anything in that time or only had a very small drink.

I have heard of overactive bladder syndrome but I read that the symptom of that is frequency but of small amounts. Well I am getting the frequency but with normal to large amounts of urine.

Also, when I know there is not a toilet available I get the feeling of needing to go urgently and I get a panick feeling, but if I know there is a toilet available I don't need to go as urgently. I don't know if that means anything.

Has anyone had any similar experiences, or does anyone know what this may be?

Thanks for any help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User
Re: Frequent urination of large amounts

Has no-one had any similar experiences or know what this may be?

Thanks

Old 10-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle88 View Post
I am a 21 year old female and for the last 5 years or longer I have had quite frequent urination. The last couple of years have been worse though. On a normal day I will need to urinate around 6-14 times. If I don't drink very much then I will only go around 6 times but it seems that if I drink the amount of fluid that I'm supposed to drink on a daily basis 6-8 glasses, then I need to pee far too much.

If I have a big glass of water then usually I will need to go to the toilet around 20mins after, then again after another 15mins, then again after another 15mins and maybe even once more. I can feel my bladder start to fill up sometimes after 5mins of going. It feels as though my body is just getting rid of the fluid I have just drank. This doesn't happen as much if I drink very small amounts which of course I do not want to do as I don't want to be dehydrated. Sometimes I don't need to go for two to three hour gaps but that is when I have not drank anything in that time or only had a very small drink.

I have heard of overactive bladder syndrome but I read that the symptom of that is frequency but of small amounts. Well I am getting the frequency but with normal to large amounts of urine.

Also, when I know there is not a toilet available I get the feeling of needing to go urgently and I get a panick feeling, but if I know there is a toilet available I don't need to go as urgently. I don't know if that means anything.

Has anyone had any similar experiences, or does anyone know what this may be?

Thanks for any help
May i ask have you been to a Doctor or Urologist if so what have they said/suggested??i am sufffering from kind of the same the only difference i have the urge with loads and little volume of urine passing and i still have no definate answers to what could be causing it,but i notice at the bottom you say (Also, when I know there is not a toilet available I get the feeling of needing to go urgently and I get a panick feeling, but if I know there is a toilet available I don't need to go as urgently. I don't know if that means anything)that bit i would put it down to anxiety as you could be wondering have you got a safety spot incase you get a greater urge with no toilet about,i am sorry i aint been much help just i cant think of anything as i am in the same postion still looking for answers plus i can only say maybe you should ask for a blood test to be checked for diabetes,thyroid,etc if you aint already,
wish you luck in getting better.

Last edited by kieran83; 10-29-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran83 View Post
May i ask have you been to a Doctor or Urologist if so what have they said/suggested??i am sufffering from kind of the same the only difference i have the urge with loads and little volume of urine passing and i still have no definate answers to what could be causing it,but i notice at the bottom you say (Also, when I know there is not a toilet available I get the feeling of needing to go urgently and I get a panick feeling, but if I know there is a toilet available I don't need to go as urgently. I don't know if that means anything)that bit i would put it down to anxiety as you could be wondering have you got a safety spot incase you get a greater urge with no toilet about,i am sorry i aint been much help just i cant think of anything as i am in the same postion still looking for answers plus i can only say maybe you should ask for a blood test to be checked for diabetes,thyroid,etc if you aint already,
wish you luck in getting better.
Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your reply. I have been tested for diabetes, thyroid, and urine infection. All came back normal. I am thinking of writing a diary of how much I drink and how often I go to the toilet and what the volume each time is. Think I might do this for a week and then go back to the doctors to show them. My doctors are useless, they seem to shrug everything off and say it's nothing when there is actually something not right with me.

Have you been tested for the same tests I was tested for? You should maybe try the diary thing as well so you can show you doctor?

Thanks again

Old 10-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your reply. I have been tested for diabetes, thyroid, and urine infection. All came back normal. I am thinking of writing a diary of how much I drink and how often I go to the toilet and what the volume each time is. Think I might do this for a week and then go back to the doctors to show them. My doctors are useless, they seem to shrug everything off and say it's nothing when there is actually something not right with me.

Have you been tested for the same tests I was tested for? You should maybe try the diary thing as well so you can show you doctor?

Thanks again
Hi Sparkle,
Your welcome and i know how it feels i had it for 2 years now and i am like a prisioner in my own home cause of it i only go out if i have to like doctors and dentist etc and that can be a challenge at best of times,
Well i have a problem for some reason i have a fear of blood test so i cant be checked for diabetes,thyroid etc,and not so long ago i had a urodynamics test where like 10 days before hand i had to write then how much i drank and how much i let out,then i had the test and i was told its normal,how is it normal to go toilet like every 5 minutes big or small volume??lol,
And your so right my Doctors as well are not so good i be better diagnosing myself or getting one off here,i just keep getting told stress and anxiety,i am not stressed or anxious in general but i am with my condition i tell them but its like in one ear and out the other with them and it annoys me how are health is in another persons hands,like i cant refer myself to these places unless i win the lottery of course then by all means i glady will to get better,
Sorry,but may i ask have you noticed any other symptoms you got if you got any?and also can you remember the day it came on you?as mine was i just getting off the bus for work i was walking then i felt like i was gonna wetr myself i must have ran as fast as a greyhound only to get to the toilets and hardly pass any and still feel the desperate urge to go,and now its like a mixture as i said in volumes.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran83 View Post
Hi Sparkle,
Your welcome and i know how it feels i had it for 2 years now and i am like a prisioner in my own home cause of it i only go out if i have to like doctors and dentist etc and that can be a challenge at best of times,
Well i have a problem for some reason i have a fear of blood test so i cant be checked for diabetes,thyroid etc,and not so long ago i had a urodynamics test where like 10 days before hand i had to write then how much i drank and how much i let out,then i had the test and i was told its normal,how is it normal to go toilet like every 5 minutes big or small volume??lol,
And your so right my Doctors as well are not so good i be better diagnosing myself or getting one off here,i just keep getting told stress and anxiety,i am not stressed or anxious in general but i am with my condition i tell them but its like in one ear and out the other with them and it annoys me how are health is in another persons hands,like i cant refer myself to these places unless i win the lottery of course then by all means i glady will to get better,
Sorry,but may i ask have you noticed any other symptoms you got if you got any?and also can you remember the day it came on you?as mine was i just getting off the bus for work i was walking then i felt like i was gonna wetr myself i must have ran as fast as a greyhound only to get to the toilets and hardly pass any and still feel the desperate urge to go,and now its like a mixture as i said in volumes.
Hi Kieran,

Well I'm not really sure if I have other symptoms to do with that as I have also had what the doctors thought was bad IBS. I had massive problems with that and it made me not go out unless I had immodium to take with me. It was really bad and the first time I ever mentioned it to the docs was when they gave me the IBS diagnosis which is ridiculous as they hadn't even offered to test me for anything. I was annoyed because everytime I went back and told them the IBS tablets weren't working, they would just prescribe me another tablet. I finally persuaded them to do a couple of tests which came back negative. After those 5 years or so with pain in my stomach, nausea, and diarrhea, I tested eliminating different foods. I now do not eat gluten and I have cut down on lactose and I feel so much better! No nausea or diarrhea. What I think is ridiculous is that the docs won't let me see a dietrician. I wanted to see one so I could find out what I can and can't eat. Pretty much figured out what I can eat now though.

Sorry for rambling on lol! Just thought I would show you how useless my doctors are! All along it was food intolerances it seems. I still don't feel perfect but sooooo much better than before.

Anyway, I thought the frequent urination would maybe go away as well with the diet. I thought maybe it was a symptom of food intolerance. But nope, still got it. I would say the only other symptom I get with my frequent urination is a pressure feeling in my mid and lower back. Especially my back and sides that are in line with my hips. I sometimes get a crampy stomach if I have to hold it in when there is no toilet nearby and I need to wait until I get to one.

What other symptoms have you got? Oh, and how can your doctor say the amount you pee is normal when you need to go all of the time! They really have no idea!

Old 10-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I also pea about 15 times a day, not as annoying for me since it used to be over 100 times a day and I can't even begin to tell you what nightmare that is. First thing brought it on for me was after having my 2nd child, then prolapses of my bladder/uterus/cervix, then got that taken care of (2 bladder repairs + partial hysterectomy) and back to 15 x a day. my bladder is chronically inflammed. Sometimes I get UTI's, but most the time my bladder is irritated without an infectious cause.

First thing you should do is try an antispasmotic for overactive bladder to see if that will calm it down.

Next thing would be to have your physician refer you to a urologist. A urologist will have much more compassion for your problem. You could have chronic bladder inflammation without any infectious cause, bringing on your symptoms (like interstitial cystitis). For that, you'd need a cystoscopy & bladder biopsy from a urologist or urogynecologist. Doesn't sound like though that you have a low capacity issue with your bladder (that is good). It could be mildly inflammed and overactive.

Do you have any other symptoms associated with the frequency?

Urge to urinate
Incontinence (can't hold pea when coughing/sneezing)
bladder spasms/pressure
hesitancy, stream stopping/restarting, slow stream
bladder or pelvic pain
burning or pain with urination
nocturia (getting up at night to pea)

Old 10-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
I also pea about 15 times a day, not as annoying for me since it used to be over 100 times a day and I can't even begin to tell you what nightmare that is. First thing brought it on for me was after having my 2nd child, then prolapses of my bladder/uterus/cervix, then got that taken care of (2 bladder repairs + partial hysterectomy) and back to 15 x a day. my bladder is chronically inflammed. Sometimes I get UTI's, but most the time my bladder is irritated without an infectious cause.

First thing you should do is try an antispasmotic for overactive bladder to see if that will calm it down.

Next thing would be to have your physician refer you to a urologist. A urologist will have much more compassion for your problem. You could have chronic bladder inflammation without any infectious cause, bringing on your symptoms (like interstitial cystitis). For that, you'd need a cystoscopy & bladder biopsy from a urologist or urogynecologist. Doesn't sound like though that you have a low capacity issue with your bladder (that is good). It could be mildly inflammed and overactive.

Do you have any other symptoms associated with the frequency?

Urge to urinate
Incontinence (can't hold pea when coughing/sneezing)
bladder spasms/pressure
hesitancy, stream stopping/restarting, slow stream
bladder or pelvic pain
burning or pain with urination
nocturia (getting up at night to pea)
Hiya,

Thanks for your reply. The only problem is that I am in the UK, and because our medical service is free, the doctors don't refer you if they think you don't need to be refered. My doctors are useless so it would be hard to convince them to refer me. I could try though

I never really thought of the symptoms that you have brought up, but when I come to think about it I do have a couple of those symptoms.

* Urge to urinate. Basically I feel like I could go before I get to the toilet but I always get there on time. I think that is anxiety though as Kieran mentioned earlier in this thread.
* I get a pressure feeling in my bladder.
* Nocturia - sometimes but this is pretty rare. Maybe happens 2-4 times a month.
* When my bladder is really full I sometimes experience the stream stopping/starting when I go.

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Hi Kieran,

Well I'm not really sure if I have other symptoms to do with that as I have also had what the doctors thought was bad IBS. I had massive problems with that and it made me not go out unless I had immodium to take with me. It was really bad and the first time I ever mentioned it to the docs was when they gave me the IBS diagnosis which is ridiculous as they hadn't even offered to test me for anything. I was annoyed because everytime I went back and told them the IBS tablets weren't working, they would just prescribe me another tablet. I finally persuaded them to do a couple of tests which came back negative. After those 5 years or so with pain in my stomach, nausea, and diarrhea, I tested eliminating different foods. I now do not eat gluten and I have cut down on lactose and I feel so much better! No nausea or diarrhea. What I think is ridiculous is that the docs won't let me see a dietrician. I wanted to see one so I could find out what I can and can't eat. Pretty much figured out what I can eat now though.

Sorry for rambling on lol! Just thought I would show you how useless my doctors are! All along it was food intolerances it seems. I still don't feel perfect but sooooo much better than before.

Anyway, I thought the frequent urination would maybe go away as well with the diet. I thought maybe it was a symptom of food intolerance. But nope, still got it. I would say the only other symptom I get with my frequent urination is a pressure feeling in my mid and lower back. Especially my back and sides that are in line with my hips. I sometimes get a crampy stomach if I have to hold it in when there is no toilet nearby and I need to wait until I get to one.

What other symptoms have you got? Oh, and how can your doctor say the amount you pee is normal when you need to go all of the time! They really have no idea!
Hi Sparkle,
Well i was thinking a couple of things overnight,IBS could maybe be a problem with it as i aint to sure but is it possible for your bowel to maybe conjure with your bladder in anyway at all?like i dont want to be rude but i have noticed when i go toilet to clear my bowels if thats the right word i feel a bit better but thats for only like 1 hour if that on a good day,also as i am a male it could be something different for me then it could be for you even though our symptoms mimic each others to some degree,like i have asked my doctor could it be my prostate i just get back no your way too young for anything like that,even though i agree its unlikely at my age of 25 but i would not say its not impossible,i dont like slagging doctors off as some are good and do care but the ones i have seen are only good for shaking my hand or saying its stress and anxiety,yes it is with not knowing what my problem is to start with and like once i said ok if its stress and anxiety can you give me something for it,no my doctor said and refered me to see the primary mental health nurse for frequent/urge to pass urine,i felt so stupid going there i think the mental halth nurse was expecting me to break down crying not say i have a problem keep needing the toilet,and thats no disrespect to people who are suffering from stress etc,
Well i agree with you about the stomach bit,but may i ask when you are out and you feel like you need the toilet do you have the urge to like tense and hold your stomach in??cause i do and in ways it does seem to help but not help i guess,i also have noticed on my right hand side next to my hip going down from where my hip starts to my groing it swells out a bit i been to the doctors over this she said it could be my bowels as i am a thin guy well just over 10 stone,
these are my symptoms
FAST HEART BEAT.
HANDS AND FEET FEELING COLD.
PINS AND NEEDLES AND GOING TO SLEEP FEELING IN MY HANDS.
NEEDING TO PASS URINE A LOT LITTLE OR A LOT,
ALSO NOTICED THAT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING IT SEEMS I DONT GO THE FULL FLOW AND IT DRIBBLES A BIT.
Anything else you need to know just ask by all means,
I know how you feel it aint good like you said cause here in UK the health is free we have to wait to be refered,i truly think if doctors listened to their patients more as well as giving advice both of our jobs would be easier,maybe we have to wet ourselfs infront of our doctors for them to take it more serious,lol,

Old 10-31-2009, 06:54 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

Quote:
Hiya,

Thanks for your reply. The only problem is that I am in the UK, and because our medical service is free, the doctors don't refer you if they think you don't need to be refered. My doctors are useless so it would be hard to convince them to refer me. I could try though

I never really thought of the symptoms that you have brought up, but when I come to think about it I do have a couple of those symptoms.

* Urge to urinate. Basically I feel like I could go before I get to the toilet but I always get there on time. I think that is anxiety though as Kieran mentioned earlier in this thread.
* I get a pressure feeling in my bladder.
* Nocturia - sometimes but this is pretty rare. Maybe happens 2-4 times a month.
* When my bladder is really full I sometimes experience the stream stopping/starting when I go.

Thanks for your help.
The pressure feeling could be the reason behind the urge to urinate. That could be caused by a bladder spasm. Is it relieved when you pea or does it continue on? If it's caused by a full bladder & goes away once you urinate, that may not be so bad. With a condition like interstitial cystitis, it is more so due to bladder irritation, chronic inflammation w/out bacterial cause, after it reaches a certain point of being filled with urine, the blood vessels can start to bust, and then your bladder goes nuts, thus bringing on the pressure and urge. People with low capacity also have this problem but you do not need low capacity to have the pressure/spasms or with an overactive bladder, of which also causes spasms, sudden involuntary contraction of the muscle wall of the bladder causing urinary urgency (immediate unstoppable need to urinate, which could be bringing on your panic). I have both IC and OAB, they see low capacity when they do my cystoscopy and hydrodistention on my bladder but many times, my capacity is normal unless I am having trouble emptying my bladder, and I don't have incontinence either (only had that when my organs prolapsed). The bladder conditions that can cause pressure include infections, overactive bladder, and interstitial cystitis. Conditions outside the bladder that can cause this pressure may include the uterus, ovaries or intestinal tract. A uterine fibroid or ovarian cyst may compress the bladder. Constipation may cause a general sense of pressure throughout the pelvis. Some of these issues can be found with use of an ultrasound. You should mention those symptoms to your doctor, and if you can't get in to see a urologist, your doc can still try you on different medications until they find one that helps this. There are plenty of medications out there for treating this. You could also try electrical stimulation, I think here at Walmart, you can get those for around $40, same thing they use in therapy. I haven't tried that myself yet. Sometimes I go to sleep with a cold ice pack on my bladder and it relieves the spasm. Also, your other symptom with your urine flow starting and stopping is a symptom of overactive bladder (I'd bet that's your problem), my cause for it I was told is urethral scarring, the cystoscopy & dilation did at least help that problem. When I have that problem, my bladder doesn't want to empty like it should either, bringing on more frequency, even if just a little urine is left in my bladder, it annoys me.

IC can be treated with a number of medications, there's of course stuff urologists use (inject in you) that you can't get from a family doctor. Then there's pills. And Elmiron is the main one (but it's expensive, like $300 a mth so if you take it, want to make sure you have insurance to cover it), there's antispasmotics, small doses of certain antidepressants. With OAB same thing, except the Elmiron. There may be other meds I don't know of.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
The pressure feeling could be the reason behind the urge to urinate. That could be caused by a bladder spasm. Is it relieved when you pea or does it continue on? If it's caused by a full bladder & goes away once you urinate, that may not be so bad. With a condition like interstitial cystitis, it is more so due to bladder irritation, chronic inflammation w/out bacterial cause, after it reaches a certain point of being filled with urine, the blood vessels can start to bust, and then your bladder goes nuts, thus bringing on the pressure and urge. People with low capacity also have this problem but you do not need low capacity to have the pressure/spasms or with an overactive bladder, of which also causes spasms, sudden involuntary contraction of the muscle wall of the bladder causing urinary urgency (immediate unstoppable need to urinate, which could be bringing on your panic). I have both IC and OAB, they see low capacity when they do my cystoscopy and hydrodistention on my bladder but many times, my capacity is normal unless I am having trouble emptying my bladder, and I don't have incontinence either (only had that when my organs prolapsed). The bladder conditions that can cause pressure include infections, overactive bladder, and interstitial cystitis. Conditions outside the bladder that can cause this pressure may include the uterus, ovaries or intestinal tract. A uterine fibroid or ovarian cyst may compress the bladder. Constipation may cause a general sense of pressure throughout the pelvis. Some of these issues can be found with use of an ultrasound. You should mention those symptoms to your doctor, and if you can't get in to see a urologist, your doc can still try you on different medications until they find one that helps this. There are plenty of medications out there for treating this. You could also try electrical stimulation, I think here at Walmart, you can get those for around $40, same thing they use in therapy. I haven't tried that myself yet. Sometimes I go to sleep with a cold ice pack on my bladder and it relieves the spasm. Also, your other symptom with your urine flow starting and stopping is a symptom of overactive bladder (I'd bet that's your problem), my cause for it I was told is urethral scarring, the cystoscopy & dilation did at least help that problem. When I have that problem, my bladder doesn't want to empty like it should either, bringing on more frequency, even if just a little urine is left in my bladder, it annoys me.

IC can be treated with a number of medications, there's of course stuff urologists use (inject in you) that you can't get from a family doctor. Then there's pills. And Elmiron is the main one (but it's expensive, like $300 a mth so if you take it, want to make sure you have insurance to cover it), there's antispasmotics, small doses of certain antidepressants. With OAB same thing, except the Elmiron. There may be other meds I don't know of.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

I am going to get an appointment at the doctors in the next couple of days and see if they can refer me to a urologist.

I was thinking it could be overactive bladder but the fact that it is always quite large amounts when I go, I thought maybe it isn't overactive bladder.

I will let you guys know how I get on with the doctors this week.

Thanks for all of the advice, appreciate it.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #12
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply

I am going to get an appointment at the doctors in the next couple of days and see if they can refer me to a urologist.

I was thinking it could be overactive bladder but the fact that it is always quite large amounts when I go, I thought maybe it isn't overactive bladder.

I will let you guys know how I get on with the doctors this week.

Thanks for all of the advice, appreciate it.
Hey,i am not that experianced but i was thinking could it still not be an overactive bladder even though you say you go quite large amounts??cause i was thinking maybe the bladder is working as if there is a little/full amount of urine in the bladder therefore it always feels the same other then maybe to start with you have a strong bladder so it holds more in the 1st place??so i would still suggest it,let them rule it out not you,
Did you make an appointment with your Doctor to be refered to see a Urologist??
I just had an appointment with my Doctor today and said i cant be living with this and i think you`s can do more,cause my problem is i have had tests and as i said all came back clear,so my only option is a blood test but how can 1 have one with fear of them??so i am maybe going 1 step forward i got an appointment with the nurse on the 13th Nov to have my finger *****ed to be checked for my blood sugar level,yes i know the full blood test would be more benefit to me but ruling 1 thing out is a start,lol,so that brings me to ask you if you dont mind,how long as it been since you had your blood checked??could that be another step for you to maybe go forward whilst waiting for your appointment to come from the Urologist if they have refered you,well wish you luck and let us know how you get on,

Old 11-15-2009, 05:26 AM   #13
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User

Hiya

Just to let you know, my doc says he feels I don't need a urologist?? Even tho I know I should see one! Anyway, I have done another urine test for polyuria and will get my results tues I think.

Will let you know what happens.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #14
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Hiya

Just to let you know, my doc says he feels I don't need a urologist?? Even tho I know I should see one! Anyway, I have done another urine test for polyuria and will get my results tues I think.

Will let you know what happens.
Hey nice to hear back from you again,well i aint being funny but you should demand to see a Urologist afterall its their job to look after their patients,ok this may seem very inmaterial but if it was not for patients they have no job i guess,is there a chance also you could see another doctor at your surgery??like i never see the doctor i was orginally put with as he is no good,so i see the other doctor who aint much better but can come to half way and listens more to you,
well i had my finger *****ed to check my blood sugar it came back at 4.7 i heard anything from 4.0 to 8.0 is ok but obviously nearer to the 4.0,so now my only option is the full blood test which i am dreading,lol,well i do wish you well and i hope you get some answers you deserve,

Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #15
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried to call the docs today to get my urine results but the surgery was closed due to training. So I will need to try calling them again tomorrow.

What I have found interesting now though is that I may actually be passing SMALL amounts of urine when I go. I have been measuring urine volumes today and writing down the times I go, and how much I drink. I looked on the internet and found out that each time you go the volume should be around 250 - 400ml.

Sorry if too much info!! Lol. But I have been to the toilet 11 times and will prob go again once or twice before bed. The average amount I am passing though is only about 200ml (lowest was 100ml and highest was 300ml). So, I may actually have an overactive bladder. I thought I was going large volumes but I suppose I wouldn't know any better as I have been like this for as long as I can remember.

I know a diabetic and she has gave me a home test kit for blood sugar levels. The doc has tested me before and said my blood was fine but I want to try it for myself, as I get faint and shaky when I don't eat for a few hours. I was wondering, is the pin pric.k sore? lol. Might sound weird but I would rather get a full blood test than pric.k my finger, it just sounds more sore plus I have never tried it before, only ever had full blood tests.

Thanks

P.S. I have wrote pric.k not as the proper word as they starred out the word before I put the dot in lol.

Last edited by Sparkle88; 11-17-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Closed Thread