It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
(female)

dessidoll HB User
Bladder Spasms

Ok. So i have had 2 Urinary Tract Infections a few weeks ago and have been dealing with yeast infections and stuff. Also have been on alot of antibiotics..

The tests say i have no UTI now and just a little bacteria in the vagina.

So one night i was going to the bathroom and i felt like i had to pee bad then when i left the bathroom i kept having to pee more after that and it was hard to pee i had to push hard to actually pee. So after that i got on antibiotics for UTI after going to the hospital worried since the pain in my urethra was hurting bad. Now its been like 2 or 3 weeks? and the Bladder Spasms are still bothering me. The pain can get high and hurt bad from the hole where i pee and drive me freaking crazy ... and then it can go down a little and not hurt as bad but its still there feleing like i have to pee.

I have been perscribed Oxybutinin for the bladder spasms. I quit taking it because it started to make me feel dizzy and extremely tired and the medicine made me pee like crazy.

I woke up this morning with cramping i am not on my period but it felt sort of like it and the burns from where i pee started to hurt and it was hard for me to use the bathroom i had to keep pushing hard.. ( i also called the doctor and she said she couldnt change the medicine because that was the only one for bladder spasms... and they all make u feel dizzy alot and tired ) ....

Please.... anyone who has ever had this please tell me it does go away.. its really hard to deal with and making my anxiety even wrose than it is since i have depression and anxiety problems.

If there is anyway to naturally relieve the pain or foods that i dont need to eat .. even extersizes or anything possible i can do naturally wtihout taking pills to help these bladder spasms go away ..please someone help..

I hope these spasms go away and not stay there forever...

Last edited by dessidoll; 10-28-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Bladder Spasms

I had UTIs but when the specimen was sent in to the lab for cultures they were negative. I was on antibiotics and it would go away. I started having bladder spasms. I then had a cat scan for another reason and was told I had gas in the bladder. I was sent to an urologist who did a scope and didn't find any problems. He said sometimes people get the spasms after UTIs. He prescribed hyoscyamine sulfate and if that didn't work to take the oxybutynin. I didn't like either as I felt too dried out and I already have dry eyes and mouth. After asking a pharmacist I took those little brown pills (over the counter) that numb the bladder for a few days just to have some relieft. After that, I just lived in misery. After about 4 months they have finally subsided. Sometimes they return for a day or two and then stop. Go figure. It is miserable I agree

Old 10-29-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
(female)

dessidoll HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel52 View Post
I had UTIs but when the specimen was sent in to the lab for cultures they were negative. I was on antibiotics and it would go away. I started having bladder spasms. I then had a cat scan for another reason and was told I had gas in the bladder. I was sent to an urologist who did a scope and didn't find any problems. He said sometimes people get the spasms after UTIs. He prescribed hyoscyamine sulfate and if that didn't work to take the oxybutynin. I didn't like either as I felt too dried out and I already have dry eyes and mouth. After asking a pharmacist I took those little brown pills (over the counter) that numb the bladder for a few days just to have some relieft. After that, I just lived in misery. After about 4 months they have finally subsided. Sometimes they return for a day or two and then stop. Go figure. It is miserable I agree

Have you done anything to lessen the pain when you went through it? like any change in diet or anything to keep the pain low or help you use the bathroom without having lots of pressure?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I took those bladder numbing pills, drank tons of water and avoided really spicy foods. I don't think it helped alot. They were and are very annoying, like constant Kegal exercises. I don't know if back surgery or the UTI's triggered them. I also would take an ativan, prescribed for me for body cramping and at least I would sleep through them, but I would only take the ativan now and then as I don't like drugs.
I hope you find some relief too. Can you get a second opinion from another dr?

Old 10-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User

Just a thought but many women who think they have a bladder infection have cystitis and a urologist can give you some medicine to numb your bladder wall and also you have to stop eating citrus, spaghetti sauce, pizza and anything that can irritate your bladder wall. Some women are allergic to these spices down there for some reason. Also taking cranberry pills helps the UTI and cranberry drinks and lots of water. One strange thing that someone suggested that took away bladder pain was Alka Setzer. It works. Try it. Hope this helps. Make sure you empty your bladder every few hours and don't keep holding it in for hours at a time.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
(female)

dessidoll HB User

Quote:
I took those bladder numbing pills, drank tons of water and avoided really spicy foods. I don't think it helped alot. They were and are very annoying, like constant Kegal exercises. I don't know if back surgery or the UTI's triggered them. I also would take an ativan, prescribed for me for body cramping and at least I would sleep through them, but I would only take the ativan now and then as I don't like drugs.
I hope you find some relief too. Can you get a second opinion from another dr?
No my doctor won't even see me back or change me to differnt medications because she doesnt beleive me when i say the pill isnt helping and making me dizzy and worse.

She gave me Doxycycyline and Flagyl. For a bacterial vaginal infection. I've been off and on antibiotics for 7 weeks trying to get rid of those.

And those pills i just typed were pills from hell. I took them for about 3 days trying my best to eat i couldnt keep anything down feels like they ate the lining in my stomach or something. I have done everything possible to try and take them even with stomach meds. And yet the doctor still tells me to take them anyways. I even got a shot for the bacteria which should have killed it. But i dont even know if the bacteria is gone since no one will check me again or change my medications..

So now im just dealing with sore vagina, bladder spasms, and alot of stress and panic attacks because of the doctor not believing me when i say these pills were making me sick. I would atleast get another shot in my a** than to go through taking those pills again.

Being under alot of stress is probly making the spasms worse since my doctor keeps giving me the run around. I try to get another doctor but my family gave up and are tired of hearing about the bladder spasms/ soreness of the infection down there. since i do not drive and this is the only doctor in town we have.

Last edited by dessidoll; 10-30-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

stress definitely makes it worse. I would rather have the spasms than take the pills. I didn't like them either.
I had forgotten about the alka selzter but it truly works. I always get hit with UTIs in the middle of the night and end up going to an ER. Last time I drank alka selzter, went back to sleep and went to the regular dr the next day. Miracle stuff.
Do drink alot of water. It does help. Can you call a pharmacist and ask what other meds treat bladder spasms that won't make you sick? They know drugs alot better.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #8
(female)

dessidoll HB User

Quote:
stress definitely makes it worse. I would rather have the spasms than take the pills. I didn't like them either.
I had forgotten about the alka selzter but it truly works. I always get hit with UTIs in the middle of the night and end up going to an ER. Last time I drank alka selzter, went back to sleep and went to the regular dr the next day. Miracle stuff.
Do drink alot of water. It does help. Can you call a pharmacist and ask what other meds treat bladder spasms that won't make you sick? They know drugs alot better.

i haven't yet.

now im worring about a bacterial vaginal infection. i cnat take any antibiotics.. or i will try to take flagyl again since its my only bet and pray i dont get sick again.

Is there a way to tell if you have an infection in your pee or if it is just bladder spasms making it hurt this bad? i dont have a pee strip. but is there another way to tell at home somehow or any symptoms that are diff?

also big question.. are antibiotics the only thing to treat bacterial vaginal infections? dealing with my case.."scant growth of staphylococcus species and heavy growth of streptococci of viridians group"

or are there creams or injections that can help the thing i posted above?... so stressed out running in circles with meds i cant take still in pain.

Last edited by dessidoll; 10-31-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:44 AM   #9
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User

I think that there are over the counter medicines in the stores. One is called ASO (I think) but I think both of you should contact a urologist and get someone who deals with serious bladder conditions. I think your lining of your bladders are causing you problems with either spicy foods, acidic foods or your immune system is creating havov in your bladder. You need to get more intense tests and urologist can put some numbing medicine in your bladder and medicine that will help. Don't give up finding a good doctor who will help you. This is not quality of life for you. I wish you the best.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #10
(female)

dessidoll HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by renko View Post
I think that there are over the counter medicines in the stores. One is called ASO (I think) but I think both of you should contact a urologist and get someone who deals with serious bladder conditions. I think your lining of your bladders are causing you problems with either spicy foods, acidic foods or your immune system is creating havov in your bladder. You need to get more intense tests and urologist can put some numbing medicine in your bladder and medicine that will help. Don't give up finding a good doctor who will help you. This is not quality of life for you. I wish you the best.
I went to a gynocologist/doctor who checked me and did a pelvic examination and put a tube in my urethra for urine to make sure i had an infection or not.

He said i had no infectoin in the vagina or urine. He also said i was being overmedicated with antibiotics that i didnt need. He told me to get on antidepressants because i was under stress which i am as well as extreme anxiety. He felt my stomach and told me i had ulcers as well as how i described the pain and to take over the counter stuff for it like Prilosec.

He perscribed me Phenazopyrid for my pain in my urethra and bladder trouble using the bathroom.

Last night the pressure went down alot and so did the pain in my urethra but i haven ttaken the medication yet i am terrified of pills but i know i need to take it for pain.

I have been having little pain in my urethra and i feel my pelvis/bladder cramping alot. I dont know if it is gas or something else but its with my pelvis is and somtimes gets pressure.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #11
(female)

I am just making a suggestion but you might want to go to a urologist and also ask your urologist or GYN to give you a CAT scan with contrast so they can see if you are having problems with your bladder, ovaries, ulcer, etc. I'm so sorry you are having such problems but I would definitely stop the antibiotics if you don't have an infection and find a good doctor who can answer your questions. Get a second opinion and don't just take one doctors word for it. I don't know how old you are but if it were me being in this much pain, I would find answers and not just mask it with drugs. Take care and keep in touch and tell me what you find out. You can also go to many health sites and ask questions and find some answers too.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
(female)

dessidoll HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by renko View Post
I am just making a suggestion but you might want to go to a urologist and also ask your urologist or GYN to give you a CAT scan with contrast so they can see if you are having problems with your bladder, ovaries, ulcer, etc. I'm so sorry you are having such problems but I would definitely stop the antibiotics if you don't have an infection and find a good doctor who can answer your questions. Get a second opinion and don't just take one doctors word for it. I don't know how old you are but if it were me being in this much pain, I would find answers and not just mask it with drugs. Take care and keep in touch and tell me what you find out. You can also go to many health sites and ask questions and find some answers too.

I have horrible indegestion and an ulcer. When the bladder spasms stop hurting my ulcer is the one that is hurting so that may be the cause of everything because the bladder spasms started when the ulcer started hurting.

I've done blood tests and stuff. this was a 2nd doctor i went to and he checked me and siad i had an ulcer and it hurt where he pressed. So im going to just drink alot of cabbage juice and hope it goes away.

I've been to lots of doctors clinics and stuff.. im so sick of going in circles.. and cant keep affording doctor bills. First thing to fix is the ulcer.

Last edited by dessidoll; 11-07-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:30 AM   #13
(female)

mykinzie10 HB User

I don't know what's up wither. Sorr. Did wanna tell u my dr finally got my insurance to approve Ae ultrasaounds for me. Upper plvic and lower. I don't even know wqhat bladder spaasms means tho so plz explain. Couoldnt urt ti tr to get an MRI and ultrasounds. Its certainly embarrassing to walk around like ate mall and suddenly an urgent painful nrrd comes up! Thejn thedres a line in restroom? I'm so sick of livin this way!! Saure u r also! Ill keep u posted. Please do for me too!! Thnks hun. Marla.

Closed Thread