It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

viperforce HB User
how big is 6mm kidney stone in cm

I just had a cat scan it states I have 4 non obstructin calculi within the renal pelvis and lower pole measuring 6mm and 12 mm right kidney. my left kidney there is 1.37 meters hypodense lesion in the mid to lowe pole which is incompletly characterized however may represent a cyst. My family doctor refered me to a kidney doc. and my apt is not till jan. 6th. please can you explain the size of stones can they pass or will I need medical help some way and which would be the best. thank you

Old 12-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: how big is 6mm kidney stone in cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperforce View Post
I just had a cat scan it states I have 4 non obstructin calculi within the renal pelvis and lower pole measuring 6mm and 12 mm right kidney. my left kidney there is 1.37 meters hypodense lesion in the mid to lowe pole which is incompletly characterized however may represent a cyst. My family doctor refered me to a kidney doc. and my apt is not till jan. 6th. please can you explain the size of stones can they pass or will I need medical help some way and which would be the best. thank you
6 mm = 0.6 cm

I have had smaller one's than 6mm get blocked in my ureters. You'll know when you have severe pain (crying) and start seeing blood in your urine, that you need immediate medical attention. I'd say they could pass but chances are at that size, they'll end up blocked. You'll also need to have the lesion evaluated to see if it's benign or not. I'd do what the doctor recommends.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
(female)

viperforce HB User

Thank you so much for explaining. I do have alot of pain and blood and a few months ago my family doctor believes I passed a small stone and yes it was very painful and now knowing the size of these other stones in me well remembering that pain I just well needed to know how much more a larger stone if it did pass or not anyway thanks so much for your advise and I will check in later after my doctors apt. and let you know my outcome. Take care and lets hope your finished with stones and no more pain.
viperforce

Old 12-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I had laser surgery (to break up my stones) and my new URO said this wasn't even necessary because my stones weren't big enough to need this for them to pass on through, but I had a stent put in me after the laser surgery and it caused me a great deal of pain, I think my kidneys would have went into failure if it had stayed in me (blood was too large to count, protein 3+, my kidney all swelled), and I've never had kidney problems or high protein like that, well then I had to have it taken out early cause it hurt so bad. I begged the ER to it was so bad but I had to wait the next day for my URO. And it hurt like a MF'r having it taken out. I don't know what your method of treatment may be, but if you can avoid a stent, I would. IT HURTS! I was asleep for the laser surgery so as far as that goes, I didn't feel anything. But you will be happy to get all that resolved and get those darn things out of you and not have to put up with that chronic pain it causes anymore, if the doctor treats it, with it being non-obstructed, they might just keep and eye on you and wait and see. IDK.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
(female)

viperforce HB User

Thanks for all your advise and help. I do have a couple of questions if any one knows. Why do I have such back Flank pain and also in the side and fron of my waist. Especially movement like laying on one side or the other. I know they said I have non obstucting stones CT scan said..and do have 4 ranging in size 6mm up to one of them being 12mm. I have to go to the bathroon alot and sometimes it seems like I only go alittle only to find myself right back again. Is this because of the stones Just wondering to be honest I am confused as alot of people tell me they are to big to pass through then what will the doctor do if anyone knows to get rid of them. Thanks again for your advice and help. Hope you are feeling better.
viperforce

Old 04-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
(female)

rgrocafort HB User
Renal stones/cyst

I have always pain on my left side of my hips and ribs,and severe pain in
my back my family doctor request to have a CT scans they found out I
had renal stones and renal cyst it is little bit smaller last Sept. of 2009, I
went back this april 6,2010 and I found out my renal stones is now
measuring 1.1 cm in greatest diameter,there is a large cyst,somewhat
lobular measuring 3.8 x 2.3 x 3.5 cm within the inferior pole of the left kidney.
My kidney stone is on the mid interpolar level of the right kidney within the
hilum at the medullary junction, I had Grade 1 hydronephrosis. My doctor
want me to have another renal ultrasound after one month on May 7,2010.
Now I do not knew what to do although it is very painful everyday and
I have to put hot warter bag at night to ease the pain.Can someone
give some advice what to do. Thank you

Closed Thread