It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #1
(male)

drlguy HB User
Dark Urine in mornings

Okay, so in the morning I have dark urine, especially if I havent drank much in like a 12 hour period. Like it gets really dark and I pee on the side of the toilet so I can monitor the color.

I don't think it's brown, but its definitely concentrated. I was just at the doctor and she checked for hepatitis B but I haven't heard anything yet.

Now the reason I'm concerned is because all this started after my surgery. Before surgery I never had urine this dark. I had my gallbladder removed back in September and I've been having this occasional dark urine since and also diarrhea sometimes like in the morning.

Now the weird thing is, if I stay hydrated and drink plenty of water I have no dark urine. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Do I have hepatitis? Any girls I've been with all said they were tested. Did one of them lie? I'm very worried about my test results because I'm now with a girl I really care about and I'm concerned I could have given her something and not known it. I even got tested for every std before we had sex except hepatitis.

I'm just scared I've done something to this girl or I have it myself because I was too scared to get a needle during my std tests.

Last edited by drlguy; 02-04-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #2
(female)

shmal HB User
Re: Dark Urine in mornings

Driguy,
Granted anything is possible but based on your very first line, I would think that your urine would be dark and/or concentrated because of a lack of hydration. If you take in more fluids your urine will be less dark and even less odorous. You will urinate more frequently etc...

As for going for std test, it's a good idea to make sure you & your s/o are squeaky clean and if your really that concerned put your fear aside and go for the blood test. than you will know about all sorts of things... Good Luck

Last edited by shmal; 02-05-2010 at 03:36 AM. Reason: mis-spelled word...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread