It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
(female)

Vic HB User
Microscopic Hematuria (trace of blood in urine)

Hello, I'm a 42 yr old Female, that was recently diagnosed with a trace of blood in my urine. All started January 20th 2010. I became nauseous, and started having the urge to urinate, as if my bladder is full, with drinking even the smallest amount of fliud. So, I went to my PCP and he told me about the trace of blood. He gave me (Antibiotic) Bactrim, I took it, returned to him 2 weeks later, and there was STILL a trace of blood. He then ordered a Kidney ultrasound (Normal) and a Pelvic sono (Normal).
He then sent me to a Urologist, who then gave me Cipro (Antibiotic) and said if this doesn't clear it, I'd have to have a cystoscopy. Took 12 pills of the Cipro in 6 days, went back yeterday, and still have a trace of blood in urine. So, he set up the Cystoscopy for 2 weeks...(he wanted me to do it yesterday, but I was too scared, and he told me I could reschedual and wait the 2 weeks.

Has anyone had similar symptoms with the trace of blood in urine? (not visual blood)

Is this always serious?

I'm thinking I don't want to do the cysto.

Thank you for any replies

I also have missing menstrual period 5 months...but gyno tests are fine.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
(female)

Vic HB User
Re: Microscopic Hematuria (trace of blood in urine)

UPDATE: I went to the E.R. last night, as I was feeling nauseous. They did a Cat Scan of my abdominal area and kidneys they said all is good, except my bladder is decended. I was released with the same symptoms of feeling like my bladder is full, and nausea. No more microscopic blood in urine they said it was Negative now....so ***?

Why do I have to pee 8-10 times a day, and feel like my bladder is gonna burst afterwards, and I'm not even drinking much!
Not Diabetic.

I used to pee 3-4 times a day the most!

Anyone?

Last edited by Vic; 02-19-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

hello

maybe you are in perimenopause....what you are describing could be urge incontinence...mine started with perimenopause..I'm now almost 3 years post menopausal and I still am rushing to get to the bathroom several times a day.I drink water so that doesn't help,but I try to have salty foods in my diet so I will retain more fluids....it's so confusing,but the urologist said this is common for women in that age group.

wish I could tell you more,but unfortunately the drs. just tell you to deal with it....I just had a urinalysis that came out fine,but my urine has a strong,unpleasant odor to it..so I'm posting a thread about that.

take care~scout

Old 02-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
(female)

Vic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout316 View Post
hello

maybe you are in perimenopause....what you are describing could be urge incontinence...mine started with perimenopause..I'm now almost 3 years post menopausal and I still am rushing to get to the bathroom several times a day.I drink water so that doesn't help,but I try to have salty foods in my diet so I will retain more fluids....it's so confusing,but the urologist said this is common for women in that age group.

wish I could tell you more,but unfortunately the drs. just tell you to deal with it....I just had a urinalysis that came out fine,but my urine has a strong,unpleasant odor to it..so I'm posting a thread about that.

take care~scout
Thanks for your reply.
I actually got my period 2 days ago, after not having it for 5 months.
Dr. said I'm not in Peri-menopause, but who knows.
But I am still feeling the fullness, and am urinating alot more than I normally would or ever did.
I am still on Keflex antibiotic, and am a bit better than before, but the symptoms come and go, so I can't really tell if I'm getting better truly.
I'm just hoping the UTI goes away, after my period stops.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
(female)

Rogueb HB User

Hey there! Wow, very similar story as mine. Microscopic Hematuria started in Jan. I have had the ultrasound, blood tests and even the cystoscopy (really painless and no big deal at all, really!!!) I had blood in my urine with every test until last Fri., now have blood in my urine again, but no sign of infection. I have grown cultures for infections, but when they go away, I sometimes still have blood in my urine.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
(female)

sailgirlie HB User

I am 49 year old female whose gyn found blood in my urine and sent me to a urologist. They did tests on my urine and a pelvic ct scan. All negative for problems. Just had the cystoscopy today. I was VERY nervous because 1 friend told me how awful it was. All comments on line were a lot more positive. I took Valium 1 hour before the appointment and was not so nervous. It really wasn't bad at all. I read people compare it to a pelvic exam. I'd agree about the discomfort level and its just in a different place. THe whole thing took about 2 minutes. I have urinated once already and it had a little burning. I'd recommend it and definitely take the valium to calm your nerves.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #7
(female)

Vic HB User

I found out in March the blood was from a Kidney stone stuck in the Ureter. I had it blasted through a Lithotripsy in April. I'm glad that nightmare is over for now.
But now I have a small Fibroid and a 1.4 Ovarian cyst...It's like it never ends!

Thanks for posting to my first comment

Last edited by Vic; 06-02-2010 at 06:00 AM.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
(female)

msmarcia HB User

I am 35, and since April I have been told that I have Hematuria. Did a sono and also a CT scan, it came back showing a large cyst on my right ovary. Meanwhile, they had been telling me it was my bladder. My urologist didn't feel that way. I had blood drawn and all came back clear. I just had a laparoscopy on the 8th of July to remove cyst, they had to take out my ovary and tube as well as the cyst was twisting and damaged my ovary. Went back today for a post op...I still have blood in my urine. The doc said it was mild to moderate. They are sending it out to get tested. Appointment with my Urologist tomorrow to follow up and figure why I still have hematuria. Im sure that I will have to do the cystoscopy. at this point I feel like I want all the tests done so I can be sure things are ok. Of course I am like you and think the worst. Id like to do better, but I cant help it. Its so depressing and scary!

Old 07-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
(female)

kd06 HB User

I'm 28 and have microscopic hematuria as well. It was found a year ago, but I somehow glazed over it when my pcp was talking about it (I was dealing with a yeast infection which is why she tested my urine in the first place and I was focused on that). Just had another urine test done today and same thing. PCP is having more tests run on the urine sample to rule out bacteria, etc. I should know in a week if I will have to go to a urologist and start the rounds of test, but I have a feeling that's where it is headed.

I also have a mole that is being removed and tested for cancer next week.

Two things that could both be nothing, but that could both be something very serious. I'm definately freaking out.

Closed Thread