It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
(female)

Just dance HB User
Question New here. Bladder issues & urethra issues.

Hi. I have either polycystic ovarian syndrome or multicystic ovarian syndrome, heavy, irregular periods, and had a LEEP two years ago. During a checkup on my ovaries on 2-17-10, the doctor found 'something' in my bladder, blood in my urine with no infection and put me on Macrobid for five days. He set me up for a cystoscopy on 2-23-10 that I was promised would 'feel like a speculum was being inserted' and 'I wouldn't feel a thing'. I was awake and prepped--ready to go. All of a sudden, he tries to catheterize me and it won't work! It felt like a fork being shoved up my urethra. After about eight tries--and me in tears--he mentions that I have a 'kink' in my urethra. I wished they would have listened and put me in twilight...never again. Not everyone is built the same or has the same problems. Who knew I had a 'rare' kink??? After much manipulation, he FINALLY shoved it through to the bladder and emptied it. My bladder was bleeding and he couldn't find where it was bleeding from. He found polyp lesions and micro hemangiomas in the trigone area. He said there was nothing 'normal' about my bladder and that it was a very 'angry' bladder...'very, very inflamed'. He told me that it is a 'rare condition' and that he saw things that he has never seen in someone of my age (late 30s). There was a 'bulge' that looked like a full vein that forked off. He couldn't explain what that was. The color of my bladder was wrong. There were blue and red veins throughout my whole bladder and he said that was abnormal as well. The bladder itself was red. He asked if I ever had a bad pap...I told him that I have only had one and found I had HPV. I switched doctors when I found out because he was about as nice as a rattlesnake. The next doctor said I didn't have HPV! I saw that doctor for over 12 years until, on a Wednesday, he set up a laparoscopy and insisted I was 'too sensitive'--insinuating I was a hypochondriac. On Friday, I went to my current doctor who looked right in and saw an ulcer on my cervix. After a treatment with Clindamycin and a colposcopy with bad cells present, he performed a LEEP. So far, the bad cells are not showing in the paps...but, they never did anyway; they were found under layers of skin during the LEEP. I am currently on Macrobid for another five days after the cystoscopy and will go in 3-11-10 for a consultation about what to do next and what my issues really are. We are waiting on the cytology report during the cystoscopy, too. My question is does anyone have any idea what this could be? How can you treat an 'inflamation of the bladder' with an antibiotic and no anti-inflammatory drug? Also, he said that there is HPV present under the urethra...? What? He took pictures and said, "See? This is normal. This area here??? NOT normal...that is HPV". Uh...then can Macrobid help that? I am aware of recurrence. I have never had warts--evidently, I don't have that 'strain' of HPV. This is not a wart...but, he didn't say what it is. I don't know if HPV has inflamed my entire bladder and urethra or if I have something else wrong with my bladder and the HPV has messed up my urethra. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? I am scared, confused, and just about panicking. I may face possible surgery on the urethra and bladder. How is a urinalysis going to 'show' what is wrong with the bladder since it took an ultrasound to find the bladder problem and THEN they checked for blood in the urine? If there is still blood in the urine on the 11th, I am terrified of what he will say. He may order an IV CAT and I am fine with that except I don't know what it would show since the cystoscopy goes directly INTO the bladder in live color and the CAT show more of an ultrasound image in black and white. Does anyone know what could be going on or what could be next? Please...I am having trouble sleeping anyway and this isn't helping.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: New here. Bladder issues & urethra issues.

I had this "flashlight" inserted in my bladder for a little blood there.I could only think
that water-boarding couldn't be any worse than this pain at insertion.My prayers are with you. Bill

Old 02-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
(female)

Just dance HB User
Re: New here. Bladder issues & urethra issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendsville View Post
I had this "flashlight" inserted in my bladder for a little blood there.I could only think
that water-boarding couldn't be any worse than this pain at insertion.My prayers are with you. Bill
Thank you for replying. You know, I kinda wonder about the 'water-boarding': definitely worse but this was no picnic. I am still shook up because so many have said how easy a cystoscopy is but, evidently, we can all have differing issues that hinder the passing of even a catheter--I just never knew I had this problem and didn't expect this kind of pain. Ugh. Filling the bladder with water and draining it several times was just scary for me because the water filled with blood once it started to fill my bladder (I couldn't help but think of Jaws!). I am told I now must have a cystoscopy every year--if I am lucky-- or three months if the doctor decides. I am nervous because we just do not know what is going on and I fear at least a urethral resection may be in my future...(faint...). My bladder looks terrible and today was my last day on my antibiotic (and I feel no different). My doctor left for vacation the day after my procedure...so, it kind of leaves me to worry. I will take prayers any day. Thank you, Bill.

Last edited by Just dance; 03-15-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Closed Thread