It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

jessv HB User
chronic UTI's, trying everything, still need advice

I'm 24 and have been having chronic UTIs for the past two years. They began when I started having sex regularly with my boyfriend. I was getting two a month constantly and the antibiotics were making me sick.

I went to a urologist who told me i wasn't urinating completely afterwards and to use neosporin after or before sex. She also said that my boyfriend should clean himself before sex.

I followed her advice on the urinating.

I don't use neosporin because I know that eventually the bacteria will build up an immunity to it.... but should I be using it? some sites online say not to, but my urologist said to even use it like it's lube.

My boyfriend cleans off with "Always Wipes" for women before sex. I'm going to start rinsing off in the shower beforehand or use the wipes. Is this a good idea?

I went almost 8 months without a UTI but now, all of a sudden, I've had two in the past 3 months and I'm worried. I can only use Bactrim because Cipro and others make me VERY sick. I'm worried the antibiotic will quit working if I use it too much.

Another big problem is that i've been prescribed adderrall as an antidepressant and to deal with chronic fatigue. I read that 5% of people who use adderral have increased chances of UTI's. that's the LAST thing I need . . .but the adderral is helping me SO MUCH.

I bought AZO cranberry tablets to start taking, and I've been taking 1,000mg (or mcg?) of vitamin C a day and garlic for my immune system.

is there ANYTHING I should be doing that would help MORE? Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

any ideas or advice would be greatly welcomed.

(concerning adderall and its affect on the urinary tract, is it true that as an amphetamine it can irritate the lining of the urethra? it would then cause burning. i'm going through that right now. i went to the doctor and he said my test results for UTI were negative but put me on bactrim for five days anyway. is it the adderall causing the burning?)

Last edited by jessv; 05-14-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: additional information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread