It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
(male)

bg77 HB User
trouble urinating, mostly in morning hours

32 y.o male, mostly healthy but overweight (and losing weight!)

I've never had a super-strong urine stream even as a kid, I never was one of those guys that could powerwash a house with his urine stream, However, typically it comes out fast and steady and normal.

However, this is different. For the last few months, I've had random times where I either had to force out urine, where it came out in spurts and never emptied, and then the next time I peed it was fine, then in the last week it has moved to where in the morning upon waking, up until late morning, I've felt like I had to go, and not much comes out. Sometimes I wonder if I actually have to go, or it's more just the sensation of having to go, like perhaps a UTI or bladder infection (which I got as a kid several times).

Although I don't wake up to urinate typically, If I am up in the middle of the night (usually due to my 16 month old son waking up and my wife saying "your turn honey"), I will "go" and often comes out just fine, only to be tough again 3 hours later when I get out of bed for the day. This again leads me to believe either I'm not emptying completely, or, I just have the sensation of having to go when I really don't have all that much urine in there.

I also used to have problems with a "shy" bladder, where I couldn't go at all when someone was in view of me, so part of me wonders if it's my own anxiety/awareness of the situation making it worse.

I'm paranoid about MS and cancer although several doctors have told me I don't have either (had some tingling/cramps earlier this year that have subsided, but it was all sensory, no motor deficits at all and neuro said I was fine after exams and tests). I know that bladder issues can occur w/MS but I've been led to believe it's rare to be an initial or early symptom.

Other info:

No erectile or orgasmic dysfunction. No pain, although I had some minor, short-term (few hours) inguinal pain a few times this past spring, that's gone now. May be totally unrelated.

Aren't I too young for prostate issues? What about a kidney stone or infection? I feel fine otherwise.

Last edited by bg77; 07-10-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
(female)

kriss79 HB User
Re: trouble urinating, mostly in morning hours

My hubby had this problem. Dr. said it was prostatitis, and he's got it under control now.

It could be your BPH, but at your age that would be rare.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
(male)

bg77 HB User
Re: trouble urinating, mostly in morning hours

OK...update.

Better today than yesterday. Went to GP who did a quick urine test (no UTI but she is sending for culture to check further), and did a "digital" exam and my prostate feels normal size and no pain (therefore not prostatitis). Wants me to get some blood test for prostate and kidney...but said she really has no idea.

Closed Thread