It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
(female)

koz123 HB User
can someone help me, please?!

HI. I am new here and really need some help. About a month ago, I suddenly had the feeling of needing to urinate; I say suddenly because I was putting on makeup getting ready for work and all of a sudden, felt like, "I have to go RIGHT NOW or I won't make it." Well, I went to the toilet and there was burning at the end of the stream. I thought it was strange, but assumed I was getting a kidney infection or UTI. So, I got some cranberry juice. No help. The burning turned into pain after a day or so, and the pain got progressively worse. It was so bad that I would literally clench my fists and bite down.I told my husband that, when the pain starts, it feels like someone is sticking an ice pick in my, for lack of a better term, pee hole... once I finished urinating, the pain would go away. I DREADED going to the bathroom. I told my mom about it, and she seemed to think it was UTI, but possibly a kidney stone. Well, she gave me Azo (the stuff that turns your urine bright orange). Seemed to help for a couple of days, but then the symptoms came right back. Well, she gave me antibiotics that had been prescribed for a UTI, and I started taking those and it got better. Well, here I sit, at 2:30 am, unable to sleep, because I woke up and felt major urgency to pee. Went to the toilet, and at the end of the stream, there was a burning sensation that I haven't had before. After that I couldn't go back to sleep, because I felt like I still had to go. I got up 3 or 4 times to try, but only a couple of drops at first, and then nothing. I can't sleep feeling like I am going to wet the bed. I plan on going to the doc, but have a very demanding job and am having a hard time finding the time, AND I have two kids, hubby, etc. Anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be? Oh, and I am not sure if there is any significance to this or not, but this started tonight, and I had sex the night before. and I always make sure my bladder is full (if possible) before sex, so that I can urinate afterwards to "flush" any yucky stuff that could cause a UTI. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by koz123; 07-22-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: can someone help me, please?!

The cranberry juice didn't work so I assume you stopped taking it, being that your condition only got worse.

About antibiotics. You should never take antibiotics that were prescribed for someone else. The other person obviously didn't think it was necessary to follow the doctor's instructions. If they did, they would have taken all of them, even if the symptoms went away. Taking antibiotics for a few days until the symptoms go away is a big big mistake. That's because it is very likely that some of the infection was still in your system, even though you couldn't detect it. And by starting and stopping the same antibiotic, assuming you have a bacterial infection, you might end up with a more dangerous drug resistant infection. Bacteria has the ability to mutate, adapt and become resistant to antibiotics. That's why it's so very important to get your own prescription and take ALL of it exactly as directed by your doctor.

What if the infection backs up into your kidneys? Let's hope it doesn't!

Last edited by JohnR41; 07-27-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: words added for clairity

Closed Thread