It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User
tests to rule out kidney disease?

I have had many health issues come up in the last few years. I'm 32 yrs old. My latest issue is that I am urinating less frequently, and in smaller amounts. My last urinalysis showed "trace" amounts of protein. My doctor didn't seem to think anything of it. I'm a little concerned. Would blood tests, such as BUN, etc. be used to rule out kidney disease, or do I need to get more thorough. I also have chronic ebv, and doctors have suspected Lupus, which is why I'm a bit worried.

Thanks,
Carisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
Re: tests to rule out kidney disease?

Trace amounts of protein do not necessarily mean a bad thing. No protein is the best possibility but trace amounts is the next best option. Blood tests are important to determine kidney function. The kidneys filter many different substances out of the blood. Urine shows what the kidneys are removing from the blood but only blood tests show whether or not enough quantities are being removed.

Although everything is important, creatinine is one of the biggest details doctors look at.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread