It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
(female)

catlover11 HB User
Symptoms after a severe case of cystitis

Early this year I had lower back pains, then a few days later I woke up in the night nauseous and vomiting. I laid in bed for 24 hours b/c I was so nauseous I couldn't move. I finally made it to a walk in clinic and was diagnosed with a bad case of cystisis. They put an IV in me with an antibiotic and within 30 minutes I felt so much better. Then I had to take Cipro for a week. At this point I started drinking cranberry juice and eating lots of fruits thinking doing these things were a good thing.

About a month later, I noticed that I would feel I had to go to the bathroom even after I went. And I could noticeably feel bladder urgings. I figured it was just part of getting older. Had a urine specimen done at my GP and it was clear.

A few months after that I started using Estrace vaginal cream for dryness but had to stop using it after 1.5 weeks because it made me so lightheaded. Right after I stopped using it everyone once in a while (about once a week) I would have urethral discomfort, then I started having some urethral discharge. I feel like that Estrace irritated my urethra and caused the discharge b/c it leaks from the vagina and I would sit in it all day.

I've been married 22 years and before I had the cystisis we had not had sex in over a year. So I know my problems are not sexual related. I had a urine test done in June (before the Estrace) and a few weeks ago and they come back negative.

I'm wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. I don't have any pain or burning or itching. And I haven't had any urethral irritation feelings for about a month now. But I still have discharge and bladder sensitivity. And I'm wondering how I can have discharge and it not show up in my urine.

Last edited by catlover11; 09-26-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread