It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
(female)

Qysses HB User
Repeat Kidney Infections

Hi there,

I've had a recent problem with kidney infections. 4 in the past 9 months to be exact. I either don't notice or just plain don't get the warning signs for these infections that my doctor thinks I should (bladder infections, urination pain). This results in the first signs of my infections just being the very quick onset of pain in my kidneys and then surrounding area as it gets worse.

Having just cleared up my 4th in the past 9 months, my doctor would now like to refer me to a Urologist for more tests. As a quite anxious person already, medical visits do scare me quite a bit and I find myself apprehensive to schedule an appointment with a Urologist.

I'm hoping that someone might be able to let me know what type of initial tests or checks they think the Urologist will perform once I do visit them. I am usually more at ease when I know what I can expect.

Any information would be helpful.

-Qysses

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Repeat Kidney Infections

You might find yourself worrying more about this than the time is worth. Please be at peace and do what you need to do to obtain better health. Think of it this way: with this appointment, you are on your way to a better you.

Kirstee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
(female)

bcoceo85 HB User
Re: Repeat Kidney Infections

I have been dealing with repeat kidney infections for years...in fact in the last 2 yrs I have gone from having 3 or 4 per yr to an infection that just wont go away. I have been on so many antibiotics that long term use of those have caused me other health issues.
My cultures normally show e coli or some form of bacteria that is in the e coli family. Since April of this yr my cultures are showing more than one bacteria and one of them is called klebsiella pneumoniae. It is totally antibiotic resistant.
My urologist has told me that I am colonized and until I become fully symptomatic, they cant do anything else for me.
I do ; however; have an appt this week with an Infectious Disease Physician...hopefully he will shed the light on this for me.
I have no fevers or anything like that...just bad kidney pain and leg pain. I also get headaches and cold sweats.

Closed Thread