It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
(female)

BlueEyedRaven HB User
Antibiotics and Reoccuring UTI's

Ive had reoccuring UTI's for a couple years now, usually after my period. I have another one this month and its alittle worse then the ones I've had. It's very evident and usually when i have a UTI im never quite completely sure I have one until i see infection. Now i have infection, bleeding, nausea. I know its a UTI and I want to treat it with lots of water and cranberry tablets but my mom is INSISTING..i NEED to take antibiotics but i really dont want to for several reasons
I dont want the nausea/vomiting side effects common with Cypro
I dont want to become reliant on them
Reoccuring UTI's are rarely cured by antibiotics

Im taking three to four canberry tablets a day and trying to drink as much water as I can.

Some are telling me cranberries cannot cure UTI's they only prevent, Some are telling me they cure. Some are telling me I need to take antibiotics, some are telling me its no use. I dont know what to do! Please answer quickly, I want to start whatever remedy soon

The following user gives a hug of support to BlueEyedRaven:
josey (11-12-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
(female)

josey HB User
Re: Antibiotics and Reoccuring UTI's

What my GP and OBGYN both told me is you have to have an antibiotic for this type of infection. Cranberry juice and/or pills are a good way to prevent them, and good to clean things out when you have them, but they are not a substitute for a good broad-spectrum antibiotic like Cipro or Bactrim.

What you are risking by not taking your antibiotic is a much more serious infection of your kidneys. This is not something you want to mess with because damage to the kidneys can cause serious and long-lasting health issues. I have a friend who got a horrible kidney infection and her health was never the same.

Just not something to mess around with, you know? I'm not trying to scare you, I just wanted to give you a perspective on it. Take your meds, drink plenty of water and cranberry, rest and feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread