It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
(male)

mojopin HB User
Urinating ALL the time

Background:
30 year old male

Ever since I can remember, I've always had to urinate more often than other people, and when I did go, while the amount wasn't insignificant, it would only take me 6 or 7 seconds to void my bladder while I noticed that it took other guys 30 second or even more to void their bladders.

I've never had pain or burning during urination, never had problems starting or stopping the stream and the pressure and flow has always been good; when I finish, I always feel like I've successfully emptied my bladder, but I could literally stand in the bathroom for hours and every minute urinate some more, wait a minute, urinate some more. Over the past couple of years the situation has gotten worse, whereas before I would have to go every 2 hours or even more, now I feel the need to go every 30 to 45 minutes. I can hold it if I NEED to, and when I'm sitting the sensation is masked and I can hold it longer, but I hate the feeling that I have to go so soon after I've already urinated.

I used to drink a lot of caffeinated sodas, juice, water and I used to take supplements that caused me to urinate but I figured that if I cut all of that out, the frequency to urinate would go away as well but it hasn't. In fact, I haven't had anything to drink since this past Sunday at 11:00pm EST (so it's been about 44 hours with NO liquids) and yet I still have to go every hour, and the amount is not trivial. Where is all this urine coming from? I know the kidney produces urine all the time, but how can I be urinating so much if I'm not taking in any fluids? And I don't get thirsty, for the past almost 2 days, even though I haven't had anything to drink, I don't feel thirsty at all and when I do drink any liquids, it's just out of habit drinking with a meal or something. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I've been to my regular doctor who took a urine sample but that came back normal. I went to a urologist who said my prostate felt slightly larger than average for someone my age, prescribed Flomax but that didn't do anything.

The ONLY relief I've ever had (and it only works sometimes), is that I take 600mg (or more) of Ibuprofen. One time I tried that and I didn't have to urinate for 12 hours. The next day I took another 600mg, but I felt the urge after about 4 hours. I guess your body gets used to it and it's not as effective.

I'm going to schedule an appointment to see another urologist since the one I saw moved too far north for my convenience, but I'm very hesitant about some of the procedures that I've read that have to be done to determine what's wrong.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or can identify what's wrong.

Last edited by mojopin; 11-30-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Adding more information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread