It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
(male)

roycedafive9 HB User
Pulled, inflamed testicular pain, anyone??

So I will try n cut to the chase, as Iíve seen these symptoms and what has been done a several times on this board and others!

I have painful testicular pain. It first stated approx less than two months ago w/ sensitivity to my right testicle. The only time I felt pain then was if I wore briefs that hugged the boys, the pain would occur and felt like I got knicked in the boys. Anyhow, this seemed to dissipate. Week or two later I noticed a ďpulled muscleĒ feeling in my testicle. I quickly assumed this was due to either my job (requires heavy lifting, my exercising, from biking, or lifting free weights)> I took it easy, the pain seems to come and go, but eventually it got worse. As the pain hurt more from lifting, but, still seem to hurt when I did nothing at all. Went to ER, they checked; hernia, prostate, did a urinalysis (I donít know what for), and checked physical exam on testes. Prescribed me Cirpo and sent me to see the urologist the following week. Urologist did physical exam and checked for hernia. Stated I likely tore something and to try and take it easy for two weeks.

The pain was off and on. It seemed like when I had several days off from work, the pain was minimal or completely gone; I even did a 15 mile ride in 0 degree weather with no issues. Back to work with heavy lifting the pain become noticeable again.

I took 10 days off from work and all other activities. The pain became even worse during this period.

I went in for a 2nd exam with urologist. He was wondering if it was maybe a cyst or small tear in the muscle somewhere. He stated my condistion was not common, as usually most patients can be easily identified with a particular issue. He did an extensive exam, sent me to get a scrotal ultrasound. Radiologist could not find anything, no inflammation of the epididimis, no cysts, no masses, blood flow was good. Nothing. He kept pushing the damn probe on the spot I had identified as the most painful. He seemed confused as the pain, he claims, seems to be coming from within the testicle itself. He states to me that his results rule out a lot of the obvious. His guess is; either a virus that will have to work itself out, or a tear in the cords/muscles, something like that. Anyway, he stated a MRI will likely have to be done. I follow up with my urologist next week. Interestingly I have not had any blood work done.

The pain is unbearable at times. Sometimes feeling like a pulled muscle, other times it seems to sting or burn. I was prescribed amitriptyline but nothing else. Ibuprofen and Tylenol together do not knock out the pain either.

I have no discharge, no swelling, no red blemishes on the testes. The pain seems more intense in the evening. Sometimes I wake it with pain, sometimes not. No burring with urination and my wife and I have had sex a few times w/ no problems w/ ejaculation. I do seem a little colder than normal.

Im kind scared now because they donít know what it is and I have no idea if its really bad or just a nuisance at this time that will eventually go away.

I really feel that sometimes I can feel pain the the left testicle too, but hard to tell. Anyone have a similar situation or experience?

Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
(male)

Shirokuma HB User
Re: Pulled, inflamed testicular pain, anyone??

Sounds like my pain issues, they started at 19 and ended after orchiectomy.

You can try lyrica which worked for me. The side effect of the drug was that I could not think.

You can contact me for more information

Old 02-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
(male)

roycedafive9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirokuma View Post
Sounds like my pain issues, they started at 19 and ended after orchiectomy.

You can try lyrica which worked for me. The side effect of the drug was that I could not think.

You can contact me for more information
Thank you for your response. I have been forwarded to an epididycotomy, as my urologist (and I) seem to consistently refer the pain coming from that area. I am rather nervous about surgery, although outpatient, it still freaks me out. But I guess its that or pain, wait, and try other methods.

I had updated info regarding this issue here.
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=699008&page=4

I intend to update this post, good or bad. I have seen so much about undiagnosed pain testicular pain slapped over the internet it is any wonder that a man could have any hope of relief.

I have noticed many people shoot down epididymectomy procedure. And at first i was really thinking things through. But I noticed those who warned about the procedure, they themselves had not gone through it. And those are the ones who encourage me to where I am. I see 3 yrs, 5 yrs, 10 yrs of pain, or relapsed pain, my hope is to avoid such agony. I know there are risks w/ an epididymecomty too, same pain, increased pain, atrophy of the testcile, I guess this is where I am putting my faith in my urologist.

Just curious, was your problem epididymis pain, or entire testicle? What other tests and procedures did you have done prior to your orchiectomy, what made you finally decide on the procedure. Of course, I understand if you decline to answer some of these questions, or all. I am just curious as to how you came to your decision.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
(male)

Shirokuma HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycedafive9 View Post
Thank you for your response. I have been forwarded to an epididycotomy, as my urologist (and I) seem to consistently refer the pain coming from that area. I am rather nervous about surgery, although outpatient, it still freaks me out. But I guess its that or pain, wait, and try other methods.

I had updated info regarding this issue here.
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=699008&page=4

I intend to update this post, good or bad. I have seen so much about undiagnosed pain testicular pain slapped over the internet it is any wonder that a man could have any hope of relief.

I have noticed many people shoot down epididymectomy procedure. And at first i was really thinking things through. But I noticed those who warned about the procedure, they themselves had not gone through it. And those are the ones who encourage me to where I am. I see 3 yrs, 5 yrs, 10 yrs of pain, or relapsed pain, my hope is to avoid such agony. I know there are risks w/ an epididymecomty too, same pain, increased pain, atrophy of the testcile, I guess this is where I am putting my faith in my urologist.

Just curious, was your problem epididymis pain, or entire testicle? What other tests and procedures did you have done prior to your orchiectomy, what made you finally decide on the procedure. Of course, I understand if you decline to answer some of these questions, or all. I am just curious as to how you came to your decision.

I think it is not that people shoot down the epididymectomy as such, I know it is a more difficult procedure that not a lot of doctors will do. No one even offered it in my case over 10 years of treatment.

The testicular pain/ orchialgia can be diagnosed as such after 3 months but the causes are the issue.

I had issue with pain since I was 19 (now 32) I had a number of exploratory/ corrective (orchiopexy) surgeries to try to correct the issue. I was told I had bell clapper deformity of the testicles. This deformity can have spontaneous torsion/ twisting thus the orchiopexy surgeries.

I had all the normal rounds of blood, urine, ultrasounds, x-rays etc long courses of anitbiotics.
I was on OTC pain meds then increasingly stronger stuff until I was taking demerol IM to cut the pain to a 5, at that point removal was the only real option. That was in the case of the right side anyway. I had it removed in 2007 June.

The left was always less painful, however with the removal of the right, the scrotum was really long and I think that let the left twist up more or something else. Anyway, I had the same case of increasing pain over a year to the point OTCs were not working, I tried all the usual things at that point as well as antidepressants as well as lyrica. The lyrica killed the pain but it made me high, too high to work etc. So again removal was the option, since my wife has had a radical hysterectomy and we are/ have been sexless for years it seemed like a fine option. I take 125 of Testosterone IM every 10 days.

The thing about surgery and pain, I wanted to be sure to rid myself of the pain, yes I could have tried a cord block, or had spinal surgery. I guess it all depends on the value one places on testicles, I do not place all that high a value on mine, certainly not the 15,000 USD plus for a denervation surgery with only a 83% success rate.

The way to look at your case is that if the epididymectomy does not work you are still in the same position as now, you have to of course understand that you may loose the testicle in surgery. I had from the time I was 19 to now to understand that I would likely loose both testicles, the nurses told me that after my second surgery on the same side. I was prepared I thought but it took me a long time to get over loosing the right one. The left not so much as I was really well prepared for that. I do not have implants and they are not offered here.

Best of luck

Old 02-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
(male)

roycedafive9 HB User

Wow, you seemed to have had to make some really tough choices. I do not consider this up coming procedure an "out of the woods" deal. I am kind of a pessimistic person, unfortunately. I do not look for the procedure to "not work", but, in the back of my mind I am saying, there is a good chance I will still be in pain. I have met several people who had procedures with my urologist in the past, (most all vasectomies), but all highly rate him. He has 29 years of experience and of course is a surgeon too.

Yes, the pain, you and I certainly seem to be the same on. Its terrible. My wife, when present at one of my visits, was crying from the amount of pain the examination was causing me. The urologist, which we both understood, was really just trying to verify and isolate the pain, which is always coming from the same spot. I guess in a hope, that was my "green light" to go w/ the procedure. Knowing that the pain was coming almost directly from the epididymis, kind of sold it for me. Although I could set her and easily debate my own answers with self doubting arguments just the same. LOL, its hard for me to be optimistic, but, I'll take what I can get.

I've read about testicular cancer (which most of us end up doing when we suffer pain down there) and I read an article that seemed to hype the successful abilities of still having sexual function and desire, even with both testes gone. If its not too much of a personal question, is that close to true for your situation? Or is it a preference of just not perusing it?

Old 02-15-2011, 12:30 AM   #6
(male)

Shirokuma HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycedafive9 View Post
Wow, you seemed to have had to make some really tough choices. I do not consider this up coming procedure an "out of the woods" deal. I am kind of a pessimistic person, unfortunately. I do not look for the procedure to "not work", but, in the back of my mind I am saying, there is a good chance I will still be in pain. I have met several people who had procedures with my urologist in the past, (most all vasectomies), but all highly rate him. He has 29 years of experience and of course is a surgeon too.

Yes, the pain, you and I certainly seem to be the same on. Its terrible. My wife, when present at one of my visits, was crying from the amount of pain the examination was causing me. The urologist, which we both understood, was really just trying to verify and isolate the pain, which is always coming from the same spot. I guess in a hope, that was my "green light" to go w/ the procedure. Knowing that the pain was coming almost directly from the epididymis, kind of sold it for me. Although I could set her and easily debate my own answers with self doubting arguments just the same. LOL, its hard for me to be optimistic, but, I'll take what I can get.

I've read about testicular cancer (which most of us end up doing when we suffer pain down there) and I read an article that seemed to hype the successful abilities of still having sexual function and desire, even with both testes gone. If its not too much of a personal question, is that close to true for your situation? Or is it a preference of just not perusing it?
Thanks for the reply,

Hmmm, the PVPS (post vasectomy pain syndrome) made me not even consider your surgery (that and it is not offered)

Yes, the exams are painful even with meds. I remember my day of surgery exams, the previous day I had nearly fainted away from the pain. Not good.

Wife is asexual. That is a fact given her surgery etc. She can't really take a serious round of HRT so she takes a little estrogen by gel. (We are in Japan, different drugs etc) The cultural thing is that sex after kids is not all that common, this is when the Americans tend to tell me to divorce my wife and get one that is into sex.

I have no problem with the physical act and am fine getting myself off. It is different, there is a lot of sensation from testicles.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
(male)

roycedafive9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirokuma View Post
Thanks for the reply,

Hmmm, the PVPS (post vasectomy pain syndrome) made me not even consider your surgery (that and it is not offered)

Yes, the exams are painful even with meds. I remember my day of surgery exams, the previous day I had nearly fainted away from the pain. Not good.

Wife is asexual. That is a fact given her surgery etc. She can't really take a serious round of HRT so she takes a little estrogen by gel. (We are in Japan, different drugs etc) The cultural thing is that sex after kids is not all that common, this is when the Americans tend to tell me to divorce my wife and get one that is into sex.

I have no problem with the physical act and am fine getting myself off. It is different, there is a lot of sensation from testicles.
I certainly respect your choice and situation. Fools be the ones who think of marriage as only related to sex. I being an Amercian myself can certainly see this type of thought being supported. I love my sex life with my wife, but, if it was not possible, she is just as important to me jst the same!

I appreciate your help, thank you! My surgery is tomorrow, Wednesday, I will keep things posted.. Take care.

The Following User Says Thank You to roycedafive9 For This Useful Post:
Shirokuma (02-15-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
(male)

foxi HB User

hey roycedafive9'

forgive me for my poor english

first of all thanks for all of your posts, it has been a very good source of men with the same problem who went through this and had good results/ i am scdualed to have an epididoctomy on november because of chronic pain in right epididimis. my problem is that i am very young (25 years old) and my surgen warnned me about long term prroblems like sperm granulomas that can hurt ,and by sperm that can be misidentefied and be attacked by the body's immune system.

had u sufferd from long term problem's?

i am in constant dull pain, and sometims i have a bout flare up and i have very very bad pain. but still very afraid going to surgery..

i will be very happy to talk to someone

Old 08-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
(male)

roycedafive9 HB User

Greetings Foxi,

I am going on 6 months since my surgery. I can say that the pain I was feeling prior to surgery has diminished very well. Before the surgery I couldnít lift a 12 pk of pop, walk up stairs, or stand up for that matter, w/o really bad pain, now Iím biking, exercising, lifting, etc. The thing with my situation is however, I still have pain in my testicle area. My situation may be that I had two areas of pain, the surgery took care of the worst immense pain, but, I am still dealing with a muscle type of pain. I cant lift as much as I used to and at times I am soar after riding or running, but this pain is likely from torn tissue or muscles in the area. I have been doing therapy (stretching, special exercises, etc) that have helped out a lot.

Regardless, Iím glad I did the surgery. It is very unfortunate for us men to suffer from such a problem, but, I am thankful my situation is at least manageable.

The pain from the surgery took a few weeks to really heal up well, but, after the first week or week and half is when I started noticing the surgery had some success! Best wishes to your surgery. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxi View Post
hey roycedafive9'

forgive me for my poor english

first of all thanks for all of your posts, it has been a very good source of men with the same problem who went through this and had good results/ i am scdualed to have an epididoctomy on november because of chronic pain in right epididimis. my problem is that i am very young (25 years old) and my surgen warnned me about long term prroblems like sperm granulomas that can hurt ,and by sperm that can be misidentefied and be attacked by the body's immune system.

had u sufferd from long term problem's?

i am in constant dull pain, and sometims i have a bout flare up and i have very very bad pain. but still very afraid going to surgery..

i will be very happy to talk to someone

Old 08-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
(male)

foxi HB User

it's a very sucky situation indeed, but we should all apriciate what we have as you said.

may conflict of having surgery is huge becuase i have been through all of the exams and tests including- as a final option before surgery- draw liquid from my epididimis by a fine nidle and sending it to the lab- very very painful procedure in which my epid' got inflammed for 3 days aprox', and i couldnt do much beside laying in bed, but it setteled down a hole lot afterwords. the results where negetive for any kind of germ.
i relley wonder what the f ' could my problem be? is it my immune system attacking my epidi'?
in my pure logic im thinking that cutting the epidid' would eliminate the possibilitty of it flarying up again.

roycedafive9, i sorry of asking u , but dou to my young age i must know, has there been any change in erections? in sex?, ejecluting?
one more thing, when i asked my uro' where does the sperm go to after cutting the epid' , he said it gets absorbed by the body- does it sounds right to u?

im feeling a lot better finding someone who went through a similiar problem.... thanks a lot for your time writing back, im not taking it for granted and i appriciate it very

Old 10-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
(male)

longlive HB User

Hi royce and fellas,

very glad to found this thread and internet whole, I dont know what we do without internet god bless technology, ok enough said -.. here is my story had very little pain on left testis for almost 6 mo now, but suddenly 2 months back it started pain more and seen urologist did sonogram of scrotum and were given two courses of different anitbiotics and steroids seem to help for a week or so then the pain came back with vengence, today went to see urologist he recommended to go for epididymectomy, after seeing all ur posts it made feeel comfortable about this surgery, here is the question my pain seems to be more on left groin all the way to the foot and less on testis itself, I was wondering what was ur experience in terms of pain area..I reallly appreciate your reply.. thinking to schedule date for surgery in two weeks or so.

Thanks again.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #12
(male)

Shirokuma HB User

sounds more like nerve pain. Try a cord block first? Or getting the pelvic muscles released by massage

Old 10-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #13
(male)

roycedafive9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxi View Post
it's a very sucky situation indeed, but we should all apriciate what we have as you said.

may conflict of having surgery is huge becuase i have been through all of the exams and tests including- as a final option before surgery- draw liquid from my epididimis by a fine nidle and sending it to the lab- very very painful procedure in which my epid' got inflammed for 3 days aprox', and i couldnt do much beside laying in bed, but it setteled down a hole lot afterwords. the results where negetive for any kind of germ.
i relley wonder what the f ' could my problem be? is it my immune system attacking my epidi'?
in my pure logic im thinking that cutting the epidid' would eliminate the possibilitty of it flarying up again.

roycedafive9, i sorry of asking u , but dou to my young age i must know, has there been any change in erections? in sex?, ejecluting?
one more thing, when i asked my uro' where does the sperm go to after cutting the epid' , he said it gets absorbed by the body- does it sounds right to u?

im feeling a lot better finding someone who went through a similiar problem.... thanks a lot for your time writing back, im not taking it for granted and i appriciate it very
Sorry for such a long delayed response. By all means foxi, these are very fare and important questions.

I have some pains after ejaculation. It just depends, however, never during and never with erections. And yes, I too was told by my urologist that sperm is absorbed by the body. I cannot help but speculate however that for some people this may cause some kind of discomfort. I have had several friends who have had vasectomies, and some have complained about irregular pains, however, nothing too harmful. I hope your surgery was a success! Take care.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:02 AM   #14
(male)

Waiting1234 HB User

Hi guys, just read this thread and found it a mix of emotionalmand very helpful.

I am 28 years old and have been suffering testicular pain since 17. Being to scared to get it check out, not wanting to be told the worst i ignored it till i was 22.
After the pain had progressively gotten worse over time i had no choice to get it sorted.
Thats where why wonderful journey with the British NHS began.
After several doctors and urologist specialist struggled to locate what was causing this intermitent sometimes dibilitating pain i was passed around from one doc t the next. Finally at 23 i found a specialist he took 30 seconds to tell me i was Bell Clapper and need an op. feeling hopeful that this was getting sorted i went under the knife.

This has not sorted the issue and ever since every 6 months to a year i'm back in the doctors asking whats wrong.

I have been told i have epididimitis and was prescribed athromycin but this has done nothing, naproxin for pain again nothing.
Just like everyone else on here tramadol and amytriptiline were/are the only things that help a little but still i dont want to be a zombie. A small smooth round lump has also been found between my right epi and testi. The doc shrugged it off saying it was nothingto worry about as it is smooth but this in one of the areas i have located as a source of pain.
Just last night i noticed that driving increased the pain as i think the vibration running thrugh the seat into that area is provoking the pain.

I am very interested in your story and woud be greatful if you could keep me updated with anything you are happy to share.

Really dont like the idea of losing them but if its the only thing that will stop this pain then so be it. 11 years undiagnosed and god knows how many doctors later i hve hd more reasurance and info from this thread that any of them so thank you so much, i will keep you updated with my case to

Reply Reply