It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 04:42 AM   #1
(male)

ms0812 HB User
Question Whole Family has UTI Symtoms

It started the middle of January, My wife came down with what we thought was a UTI. However she started having a spot of blood on the tp when she wiped coming from her urethra. She went to the doctor and nothing showed up on the initial UTI test. They gave her Cipro and sent the urine away for culture. It came back as a bacteria receptive to the Cipro and we thought it was over. The beginning of February I started having the same symptoms. I went to the Stat care clinic and they tested for UTI, Chlamydia & Gonorrhea. All came back negative. They gave me Doxycycline and sent me on my way. The Doxycycline didn't work and I scheduled an appointment with a urologist. He did another urine culture and sent me for an ultrasound of my kidneys and bladder to look for signs of kidney stones. All were negative. My wife's symptoms came back late February and we've noticed our 5 year old son has them too. He said he feels like he always has to pee and goes 3-4 times an hour when a month ago he could hold it for 3-4 hours. They symptoms we're having is frequent urination. Not really burning, Feels like you always have to go. When you do go it's normal but as soon as you get up from peeing you feel like you could go again but you don't have to. Slight pain/pressure the best I can describe it is at the base where my urethra connects about 1 inch inside. And my wife gets sever lower back pain. The urologist put me on a weak dose of Cipro and said it's probably an inflamed prostate. He doesn't seem to concerned but he's retiring this month. The problems I have is if it's just a inflamed prostate, how come my wife has the same along with my 5 year old. Is it something we ate, drank, touched? I don't know where else to turn. We have a pet dog, turtle, and some chickens outside.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread