It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
(female)

lindkaye3 HB User
Unhappy Severe pain after Cystoscopy

Had my cystoscopy procedure today and the actual procedure wasn't bad. Of course, I was given general anesthesia so this helped quite a bit. My problem now is having extreme pain when urinating since coming home. They gave me perimidum (sorry cant spell - the pills that turn your urine orange to help with pain) before I left the hospital and a prescription for that and antibiotic, but it honestly feels like I'm urinating pieces of glass or the inside is scraped raw, because I am actually crying everytime I pee. I'm on strong pain meds for other med issues (MS, AS and CRPS) and it doesnt even touch the pain of this. How long will this pain last? They did find a polyp and removed it - everything else looked good. I had this procedure due to ongoing UTI's and micro blood in urine. Is there anything else a person can do? I realize drinking water is necessary, but hate to because I know what goes in eventually has to come out! Yikes! Any advice most welcome.

Last edited by lindkaye3; 03-21-2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: wording wrong

Old 06-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
(female)

blackberrybunny HB User
Re: Severe pain after Cystoscopy

I feel for you. I am in the same position, sort of. I have my cystoscopy last Thursday, one week ago, and I have a lot of pain also, and am also on the same pyridine and cipro you are. I also take morphine and lortabs for my spinal issues. (I have 2 burst leaking lower discs and a cyst growing on my spinal cord in my middle back). So I'm already take a LOT of pain meds.

I can hardly pee at all. I can't get the stream started. Sometimes take 20 - 40 minutes and I too cry out of frustration and pain. It feels like where my urethra and bladder meet on the inside--that is where the pain is. It hurts initially to start to pee there, and then when I push the last bit of pee out, it REALLY hurts. I am seeing my urologist tuesday. I talked to him on the phone yesterday to complain and he said to just continue to take the meds and maybe try sitting in a hot bath to relieve the sweling. Well, I don't think there IS any swelling. I think something seriously is wrong, even though he didn't find anything wrong inside my bladder, or otherwise. I dont' know what to do, but I'm like you, scared to drink a lot now, becuase what goes in has to come out. I feel for us both! :::HUGS!::: ~Molly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
(female)

pianokeys HB User
Re: Severe pain after Cystoscopy

I know exactly how that feels! After my bladder hydrodistension/biopsy/cytoscopy in February, my doctor put me on Oxycodin and I still felt my bladder was being stabbed with a million tiny daggers when I went pee. It didn't last long for me--about 20 hours--but it's probably one of those things that's different for everyone. Try to drink a full glass of water or juice (not cranberry or citrus or anything with caffeine, as those are bladder irritants) with your meals so you're getting at least some hydration. I really hope your pain dissipates soon!

Closed Thread