It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
(male)

EntirelyHelples HB User
Frequent urination - I strongly suspect aspartame

34 year old white male, here. I have very erratic frequent urination. It's not extreme urgency, but I'll feel the urge to go when I only have about 2 ounces in the bladder. Sometimes it gets as high as 4, and in the morning after waking up I can sometimes have as much as 10 ounces. I could hold it all day if I needed to. For example, I went to a baseball game last year. It was a 10 hour event and I only used the bathroom 1 or 2 times while there.

The urine is clear and mostly odorless. I have no other side effects. It comes out easily, and the stream is fine, although I do find it difficult to completely get it all out. I usually have to push pretty hard at the end, but I believe that's just wanting to COMPLETELY empty the bladder. Other people might not feel the urine in their bladder im feeling at the end because of how my bladder is being irritated.

Sometimes I'll get strong urges every 10-15 minutes. Other times I'll begin to get a mild urge every 30-40 minutes. It kind of comes and goes. Sometimes I'll feel an urge and then kind of forget about it if I busy myself with something and then it may come back an hour later.

One thing I noticed. Years ago before this started (I can track this back as far as 2007), I noticed I could actually feel my bladder underneath my stomach with my hands. I could feel a bulb pushing out as it filled. nowdays it never fills that much. I can push underneath my stomach and never really feel it. If I hold it a LONG time im sure it will push out again, but it used to get very full before I had the urge.

in 2006 I started consuming Diet Pepsi. I did so after consuming regular Dr Pepper. I, like many, switched to diet drinks because I wanted to avoid the calories, but I had no idea how bad Aspartame was at the time.

Within a year i started noticing these bouts of extreme frequent urination. I thought maybe I was just drinking too much, because it was coming and going and wasnt consistent. I didnt really notice how little was actually coming out until I started measuring it. Then I realized something was wrong.

Thats when I learned about the effects of aspartame. I stopped using it almost 2 weeks ago, and thus far no real change. I know it takes a long time to really get it out of your system. Since then I have had a couple of nights when I was able to sleep a full 8 hours without getting up to urinate, but that may have been also happening years ago, so its tough to say if thats a result of not taking aspartame.

I havent been to a doctor, and I probably will if I dont see a change within a few months....but if it turns out that what ive got is caused by aspartame then it could really be a big deal since it seems like many doctors keep getting baffled by the most extreme cases of frequent urination, and i wonder how many of them could be caused by aspartame.

Last edited by EntirelyHelples; 04-06-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
(male)

demetri66 HB User
Re: Frequent urination - I strongly suspect aspartame

I wonder about the aspartame too. A friend of mine had a hard time walking. He claimed he couldn't feel his feet. Somehow he came to the conclusion that his problem was connected to his diet soda consumption. He stopped drinking it and within 2 weeks he was fine, good as new. I have a similar problem with my bladder. I wonder if my diet coke habit is harming me. I would go 13-15 times a day and always feel that little "tickle" that tells me I have to go again. My uro prescribed an antispasmodic called sanctura. Now life is good. But I wonder if I stopped my coke (diet) habit, maybe I wouldn't even need the pills?
D

Old 06-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
(male)

mainpain HB User
Re: Frequent urination - I strongly suspect aspartame

If you drink Caffeine...STOP... Swith to Decaf... You'll thank me as you get older on this...
If you Drink Alcohol...STOP... Even for a day or two...
If you are going to drink soda then switch to Ginger Ale (Caffeine free)

Are you taking any sort of meds, high blood pressure pills, etc?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diuretic

Do you take any vitamins or supplements?

Drink Cranberry Juice, and lots of water... Water is the great lubricator and flushes your system out, at least a quart a day...

But have a Doctor check it out...

Last edited by mainpain; 06-05-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Closed Thread