It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
(female)

ManiacalBeauty HB User
Please help urination problem

I have been having urination problems for some time now. I make frequent trips to the bathroom without even downing any fluids or very little. I have PCOS and I take Lithium everyday for some psychological problems. I also get urges to urinate but have difficulty. I'm not pregnant. The reason why I feel I have the need to complain about this problem is because it interrupts my sleep. I am not pregnant. I know that, because this has happened before. I also take Metformin to maintain my insulin levels. It's very frustrating, because my boyfriend has a diabetes meter for blood sugar readings and my blood sugar is always fine. A few months ago, my insulin levels were high and that's how I found out I had a hormone disorder. Now, I'm just clueless and pretty much hate my life right now. I'm also scared it could be a side effect of lithium. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it?

Old 04-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
(female)

FANTASTICLADY HB User
Re: Please help urination problem

It sounds like you are having urgency - which can be a possible side effect of some medications as well as a bladder infection. The fact that you have difficulty urinating could be from urine retention, infection, medication side effect, or some other cause like interstitial cystitis, a painful bladder condition. You should call your primary dr. to discuss your options.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread