It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
(male)

josequake HB User
After TURP advice

Your advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm about five weeks into turp recovery. My problems before turp were weak stream, constant trips to
the restroom, leakage, and one, or two trips to the restroom at night.
Now my stream is stronger, but the symptoms before the surgery contninue plus a new one, which is burning when urinating. Is this all normal ?, and will
it take more time to heal ?. The reason why I deciced to post is because anxiety is taking over, and the head games are taking over my every day functions. Thank you for your advice.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
(male)

LENNYI HB UserLENNYI HB User
Re: After TURP advice

These are all normal recovery items. This is no piece of cake procedure and takes 3 to 4 months for complete recovery. You're right about the head games, but you have to try to be calm and let the healing process take its course. Almost time for the scabs to start passing so you will have burning for a while longer. The doctors don't tell you all these things - its a long tough healing process and everyone heals at a different rate so no two people have the same recovery time. As long as you have a good stream, you will progress at a weekly pace. Don't look for daily improvement, but think in weeks and months. At the 3 month mark, thinks will stat to really show big improvements. You should be on Pyridium and if you need a little calming boost ask for a little valium.

The Following User Says Thank You to LENNYI For This Useful Post:
greg1x (04-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
(male)

josequake HB User

Thank you very much for your advice. It will make a big difference in the way
I'm thinking about the Turp procedure, and the recovery time.
Again, thank you

Old 07-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
(male)

HueyPilot HB User

I am 50 yr old man, quite fit, very active, military Officer. Had TURP done one week ago (July 20, 2011) at Barrie Ontario and I would be very interested to hear about your experiences, particularly how recovery progressed through the first month until now (which I gather for you is about three months). For me, at the one week mark my symptoms are worse than pre-surgery, but based on my research and Urologistís advice I realize that these are normal hurdles at this stage and supposedly lead to vastly improved state of affairs later on. In your first month of recovery, how was urine control, leakage, pain or tenderness in the prostate, frequency of urination (getting up at night) and so forth? Any advice you can share will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
(male)

Ed G HB User

One other side effect I forgot to mention, and haven't seen anybody else mention is after my TURP surgery, about 4 weeks after surgery, I noticed when I walked or was sitting down and moving about in my chair, a funny feeling happening in my prostate gland. It felt just like the feeling you get, when a doctor gives you a finger wave, or prostate exam rectally with his finger. I then would notice a wet feeling in my underware and it seems that clear prostatic fluid was oozing out of my urethea. I told my doctor this and he says its a normal side effect of the surgery and should go away, which it did in about 2 months after surgery. Ed

Reply Reply